2005 Ford Ranger

2005 Ford Ranger

Available in 25 styles:  2005 Ford Ranger 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 6' box 111.6" WB shown

Overall

Very dependable

by Stan h from Louisville ky | October 13, 2013

Have received many compliance on my truck for how good it still looks. Only bad thing is ford will not help you out if you have a problem. Example the seat got a ware hole on the driver seat. Warranty was up but only had 33,000 miles on it. They refuse to help or fix it. Stan h

An American Classic

by Forever Ranger from Mpls, MN | January 31, 2013

Why change something that just plain runs forever? I bought my 2005 Ford Ranger new. (Just felt it was time to update from my 1994 Ranger; which was still running at 210,000 miles on it). The design is timeless with the Ranger. The V6 engine delivers more than enough power than you'll ever need. With previous expirence, it could easily run for 300,000 miles. I have the supercab which is perfect if you don't have a family to haul around. But 2-3 people can fit in it pretty good. Great vehicle and if you have no need for a Full-size pickup, go with the last true compact pickup in the Ranger. Test drove all the foreign midsized pickups and the Colorado and Dakota and too be honest, nothing had the pickup truck feel that the Ranger did. I am biased but I do feel it is the last true small pickup for people who want to use their pickup

2005 Ford Ranger

by Jon C. from Burlington, New Jersey | January 29, 2013

This is my second Ford Ranger. My first was a 2004 Ranger Edge 2WD. This Ranger is a 2005 XLT 4x4. I love this truck more than life itself. For my needs/wants the Ford Ranger is the perfect truck. I plan on keeping this truck until the day I die.

Very reliable vehicle and very economical.

by Ranger man from Blackstone, MA | November 27, 2012

I put 186000 miles on this truck and it still purred. Wanted to buy another but Ford decided that I was not important to their bottom line.

Should Not Have Bought this

by Regular Guy from Burlington, Vermont | March 13, 2012

I did not want to write this. I need a small 4x4, economical truck that won't need nickle and dime repairs. The local Ford dealer salesman swore on a stack of bibles the Ranger was stable. Basic design hasn't been changed in 20 years...refined all the systems over time, constant improvements, etc. I put only 6000 miles on over 2.5 years, (only has 44K on it now) it NEVER got more than 11 mpg, and I spent $1120 over the last 1.5 years on 2 seperate front end/brake/hub repairs. By the same dealer that sold it to me. What really bugs me is that they sold it with one of those 1 year "golden" warrantees so it suggested that they really looked this one over, but they couldn't have. I can tell by the way it drove from day 1 it was bound up. The repair receipt even says (from the mechanics notes) "this (11) mpg is not unheard of in a 4.0L 4WD Ranger"!!!!!! So if they expected me to find the problem, I'd say what it did instead is shot our relationship all to hll. The other small Japanese truck I looked at whcih I guess I cannot name in this review regularly sells used for a $3000 premium over the Ranger and I'm kicking myself becasue I knew that..........

Good Little Truck. Great at what it does.

by Bob from Fresno, Ca | February 27, 2012

This is my fourth Ranger. I use them both at work and at home. They really serve their purpose as a good little utility vehilce. I have the extended cab model that gives me the extra interior room. The 6 foot bed is good for hauling everything from bikes to the family dog. They are tough, dependable little trucks. I buy the 4 cylider models and am very happy with the gas milage. The performance is adeqate. The motor gets the job done. I have never had any serious issues with any of the trucks. The comfort is okay for a truck.

Great little truck!

by Tom from Michigan | April 17, 2011

I've driven many trucks before, and the Ranger is the best. If you can get over its small size, and its old design you'll just see how great the truck really is. First, its old design actually makes it nice to work on, and it makes it reliable. Its old interoir design may not be fancy, but is very well laid out, and easy to clean. Power may be an issue, especially if you get the 3.0 V6, it gets the gas milage of a 4.0 and the power of a 2.3. But its plenty enough power, I just wished I got better fuel economy. The Ranger is a good looking truck, it has the mid 2000's Ford design, which was the best designs for Ford trucks, and the Ranger's design is easy to improve. Which brings up anther great reason to ge this truck, its the best to customize. ANother great reason to get a Ranger is that the Ranger is mostly American, mine is 90% American and was assembled in the US. Finally the best reason to get a Ranger is its durability. I bought mine after it was beat up for over 80,000 miles. Covered in dents, road salt erosion eating the frame, signs of trailer towing, and a history report just shows that the truck was beaten on. The only thing to go bad on it was the power steering, and that wasn't from my ownership either. This truck is simply a tough little truck! Owners I've talked to say its easy to get 300,000 miles out of this truck and they encounter few problems. I intend to keep this truck as long as I can, which may be for life, and it only cost me 5 grand. Now thats a deal!

Great, Reliable Truck! Lots of fun!

by Ford Ranger Fan from Long Island, NY | October 26, 2010

I have the 2005 Ranger Edge RWD 3.0 v6. Plenty of power for what I have to do. Sits as high as most fullsize trucks which makes it comfortable. If you have to haul light loads (2000-3000 lbs) everyday then this is the truck for you, definetly reliable and turns on everytime I need it to. Gas mileage sucks, but i expected it when buying a truck, gets about 16-18 MPGs. I bought it used and the last owner did beat on it a bit but it still runs great and continues to impress. With a few engine upgrades(cold air intake, exhaust, etc) it easily beats out any other truck. Oh and the wrangler tires suck, get new ones. Awesome truck, getting supercharger soon! ;) Fun truck!

Bought a Used Ranger

by MR.T from Michigan | September 24, 2010

An 05 Ranger base XL 3.slo Vulcan v6 automatic RWD. I got it at 86,000 miles and since put 2000 miles on it, the previous owner was nice enough to put dents on it everywhere, but it was cheap truck. The engine is the worst part, its slow, not all that fuel efficient and heavy. The exterior styling is good looking, it still looks somewhat good even with dents all over. The interior is cheap, bland and very old, the radio needed swapped becuase the stock one sucked, the vinyl seats are good however, and the layout is very simple. The chassis is a very old and outdated design, but that does make it more reliable and keep cost down, and makes it easier to work on, and making parts easy to find. Overall, it does the job, its affordable, and its easy to work on or customize. Avoid the 3.0 Vulcan engine.

best pick up made

by cowboy12 from michigan | April 11, 2009

I am on the 5th ranger I have owned and they all have been great. Tough and dependable.I have a 4door extended cab 4x4 with a V-6.Not very good milage but good enough.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)