2008 Ford Ranger

2008 Ford Ranger

Available in 22 styles:  2008 Ford Ranger 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 6' box 111.6" WB shown

Overall

Used ranger

by vid from Canyon Lake, TX | June 3, 2014

Purchased a 2008 Ford Ranger sport model that was found on line. The dealer was 200mi away, so the negotiation was done primarily online, before seeing. After viewing and test driving the truck, it was purchased at the negotiated price. The vehicle was one owner, with low mileage for the age. There was virtually no damage anywhere. After driving it for more than a month, everything was fine. Quite happy with the vehicle.

work truck

by howlyn from Cleve, Oh | March 27, 2012

This 2008 Ford Ranger was a basic model. My work transportation. Stick w/no ammenedies, other than A/C. Drove it for 4 years w/no cost other than gas & reg oil changes & traded it in for $1100 less than I paid.

Just what I wanted

by TheTruck from Syr., NY | March 5, 2012

Very helpful, great deal. Drove it home that day. What wewanted for my trade in. Clean,great tires, handles well. LjB

Could Have Been Much Better

by Daily Driver from Winston Salem, NC | December 27, 2011

So far this vehicle has 45,000 miles on it. The problems with this vehicle are just about everything about it. The gas mileage is 12 mpg city and 15 highway and that's after modifications were made that increased gas mileage about 1 mpg across the board! The interior design is horrible. I have had to replace the door panels and the center console lid cover twice now. The panels are cheap and they keep fading. I have also had to replace pretty much the whole suspension. The leave springs sagged and the shocks were a joke. The transmission despite being highly reliable is a design mismatch with engine. Going up slight to almost moderately steep inclines on the highway at 70 forces it to downshift to 3rd makeing the rpms almost 4000. The vehicle just can't handle inclines and the speedometer just wont budge past 70 on hills. I also found it a shock to discover that no vehicle has an under body coating any more. This came when rust formed on the inside of the cab. The door seal screws rusted out and when I went to replace them I removed them and saw that they go straight threw the bottom. Imagine the surprise when I found out that 8 screws is what ford designed to keep debris, snow, etc. from the inside of the cab. I even found rust on the underside of the steering column! Don't bother with the rust warranty, its a freaking joke! Ford won't do anything unless it makes a whole in something. I would love to get my hands on the moron who designed this vehicle because they clearly had no clue what they were doing.

It was worth it

by friscoman from vancouver, wa | March 8, 2011

Overall this truck is a great deal. I have many times wanted to trade it in for more ump however on many trips when i though it would not have that ump it make it and it performed fine,. With the 4cyl it does well on hwy keeping up, and just great in town. It;s a little light on wetness and snow, and slides very easily and need to be weighted down if not r4 wheel drive as my is not.

Hoping For my Fifth Ranger

by FearTheVoices from Western New York | June 18, 2010

I have owned four Rangers over the years. Two had the 3.0L V6, one had the 2.3L and the last I owned had the 4.0L V6 with 4WD. All but the 4WD were 5 speed manual models and provided very consistent good fuel mileage, ranging from 19 city to 28 hwy (that was on a 3.0L V6). My 4.0L was the worst with probably a best average of 16 mpg, but it was also 4WD and I drove it more aggressively too. I had no mechanical breakdowns on any of these, and found them to be quite comfortable and a good handling little truck -- very fun to drive. I miss owning Rangers so much that even after getting vehicles I have been happy with, I always have gone back out looking for another Ranger eventually. I am over 6 feet tall, and though I have had three regular cab models, I suggest the Supercab model for it's extra room and ability to place small items in the cab out of the weather.

Disapointed ford owner

by disapointed ford owner from Orlando, FL | November 14, 2009

At first glance it looked good but thats where it ends. Im 6 feet and 240 lbs. which doesn't really bother me because I feel that the truck does have enough space for me. Im not happy with its performace. It tends to easily loose grip and its acceleration is poor to say the least. The gas milage on this vehicle is horrible. I get 15 miles to the gallon with the 4L V6. My toyota 4Runner get 21 mpg and is larger and heavier so how does that make sense! Ford really needs to up grade this truck. I'm trading this in for a Tacoma.

Excellent small truck

by swordancer from henderson nevada | August 30, 2009

Five months ago I purchased my first Ford product. A Ranger XLT. So far, my experience has been great. Truck handles well, easy on gas and looks great. Cab is comfortable and gauges are easy to read. I like the general look of the truck. I do disagree with a consumer reports article that said the interior looks cheap. I also do not find that the truck requires a lot of steering input from the driver. All in all I am perfectly happy with my purchase.

Reliable, enduring truck for the self sufficient.

by Ranger Rick from Houston | July 30, 2009

I have a 2000 Ranger XTL Extended cab 6 cyl 2wd auto trans. I ordered it with the upgraded seats. At that time they were the standard seats from an Explorer. It currently has over 206,000 mi. I am halfway though my fourth set of tires. The regular maintenance i do myself: changing Oil, Belts, Spark plugs, battery, fuel filter. It is high enough off the ground i change the oil with out jacking it up. It has been in two fender benders. I drove for 8 years 1 hr to work and 1.25 hrs from work between 0 and 40 miles per hour in stop and go traffic. during that time I took trips half way cross the country and back loaded with camping gear or funiture. It has carried pallets of bricks. It has been through flooded streets of foot deep water without a problem, over curbs and pot holes, through fields and pastures. It fits in any parking spot. it gives you an elevated view of the road. Not including accidents and regular maint. I have spent less than $3500 replacing broken parts. $2000 of that was the A/C compressor (et al) at 167,000 mi. Most parts I replaced myself. The Ranger is easy to work on. The six cyl gets disapointing milage. I get 18 -19 no matter what. Just like it always had. At 200,000 mi I was going to get a new Ranger, but i got a mustang instead. i still have the Ranger and I drive it to work every day. i am only 5 mi from work now. take care of your Ranger and it will take care of you. It is a great value. Rick

Reliable Truck

by Montey from Norfolk, VA | March 22, 2009

Others may have bad ones, but I like mine, bought it used with 62,000 already on the clock, drove it a month, and replaced the engine (thanks for a warranty) have added 25,000 and still going strong. Gas milage is ok, about 22 as I do mostly highway driving. The biggest problem I have is when it rains and freezes, the drivers door always is frozen shut... This truck does what I bought it for, driving to work, hauling stuff (for the neighbors mostly)..