2010 Ford Ranger

2010 Ford Ranger

Available in 9 styles:  2010 Ford Ranger 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 6' box 111.6" WB shown

Overall

4TH RANGER FOR ME

by THE FORD GUY AKA ICEMAN from RENO, NEVADA | February 16, 2014

Where to start...My 2000 XLT was dependable and comfortable...The 5 speed manual was replaced several times in 9 years, but otherwise it was a great truck...So were the "94 and "90 XLT's...Only major problem was the transmissions...Fast forward to 2014....While perusing cars.com, I found what I was looking for 4 states away...After several calls to the dealership and a road trip of 1,666 miles, I bought another one...I am now the proud owner of a 2010 Ranger Sport...It has significant upgrades in performance and safety features...Also has 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel disk brakes, satellite radio and a killer paint job....I plan on driving it for a long, long time.. P.S. I drive for a living.

Good smal truck

by ranger fan in buffalo from Buffalo, NY | February 11, 2014

I need to replace my 1999 Ranger soon after 133,000 miles. The frame next to the catalytic converter is rotten from the heat. The rear suspention mounts are almost as bad. This old truck never left me stranded. It always runs. The engine still doesn't burn or leak oil. The trans was rebuilt 15,000 miles ago and I have good tires. I will find a much newer Ranger and keep my parts truck so I can keep my new Ranger (2008-2011) going for four more presidential administrations. That is my goal.

Significant Upgrade

by Bearsfan from Nashville, TN | November 26, 2013

The 2010 Ranger looks and feels much like past years Rangers but has significant upgrades in performance and safety features of my 1998 Ranger. Traction control, TPMS, and anti-roll stability are wonderful additions to an already reliable and serviceable vehicle. The V-6 engine package gives me all the power I need and the 4WD will make this a much more dependable vehicle in less than ideal driving conditions. It's a shame they quit making them.

the right truch for me

by longtime ford engineer from Rosman,NC | September 11, 2013

Since purchasing this truck about a month ago, I have used the 4x4 low range transmission to pull cut down tree from the woods and then haul the cut up wood to my home about 25 miles away. The gas mileage is better than anticipated. The ride comfort is a little rough, but I keep reminding myself that it is a truck. in short I am very pleased with my purchase.

2010 Ranger XLT

by Second Ranger from San Luis Obispo CA | July 24, 2013

Had a 1995 Ranger XLT that has been reliable and enjoyable, so got another one. Too bad they discontinued the line.

Nice small truck

by Don from Golden Valley, AZ | December 18, 2012

Tight inside - I have the smallest, no extended cab. So therer is room for 2 people and little else. But if one accepts the size the truck is great, and very fuel efficient.

Ford Ranger

by Ford Truck Man from Clarksville TN | November 21, 2011

I would have to say that overall it's a good little truck. Could use a little bit more leg room but it is a small truck. If you get the four-cylinder model it pulls great but going any kind of incline and does bog down little bit. Could stand to have a little more power in the drive train. Other than that it's pretty good truck. I average 25-29 miles per gallon depending on my driving habits and whether I'm in the city or highway. So gas mpg is good.

small but ok

by red machine from Liberty,wv | July 11, 2011

truck small but i do not like the big gas hogs, I have always had small trucks I'm a big guy but feel comfortable in this truck!

2011 Ford Ranger

by hightechredneck1956 from tampa | March 29, 2011

If you like plastic you will love this truck. The front bumper fascia is all plastic...there is no protection for the radiator at all. There are 4 plastic pieces that serve as splash guards at each wheel and if you want to remove them you are left with a hole. At 400 miles the paint on my universal started flaking off. The grill is plastic. The mirrors are weird looking and made of plastic. The rear bumper has a plastic tred pad. My biggest problem with plastic is that it fades, actually it hazes over....Ugly. The truck has no inovations this year as FORD has decided to eliminate it in 2012. FORD Ranger R.I.P.

Ranger

by MrJLH from San Jose, Ca | March 28, 2011

I have owned 4 Rangers over 15 years from 2WD to 4WD, 6 & 4 cyls and all XLT's. Prior I owned a F-150 a bigger truck. The 6 Cyl has the most power and the 4 Cyl gets the best mileage. In the last 5 years the 4 Cyl has been greatly improved for its power. The body style is a winner all the way around. Great visibility all around. It's been a solid small truck that gives reliable service. Being a small truck it handles very well. Only negative I found with the 4DR models is they have a tendency to leak water at car washes if doors are not closed firmly and are noisy at highway speeds but offer easier access to the rear seats and storage. The 2DR models are much quieter and rear seat access is harder. A bed liner in my opinion is a must for any truck. The Electronic Power Group is also a must have.