2011 Ford Ranger

2011 Ford Ranger
Available in 9 styles:  2011 Ford Ranger 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 6' box 111.6" WB shown

Overall

My Little Truck

by Ford Trucker from Chatsworth, CA | November 19, 2013

I love my little ford ranger, picked it up used for $6,500 with 120k miles at Galpin Honda. 5 speed manual is smooth with no problems engine is rev happy but can be a bit buzzy at higher rpm's. The best way to extract every mpg out of this truck is to drive around 50-65 on the highway, the gas needle never moves. Overall, my truck isn't the most powerful, the biggest or the best looking, but it gets me from A to B in comfort and with no problems. Off-road stability is great. Took it up to 95mph at El Mirage lake bed and ran great. Would recommend this truck to someone who likes trucks but doesn't need to haul or tow anything really heavy.

Great Truck

by US Made from Glen Mills Pa. | September 10, 2013

2011 Sport 4wd. Great truck and no complaints, wish the gas mileage was a little better. Shame Ford allowed this truck to die. Looking for a used Ranger for a nephew and the resale on these trucks is very high. Great power with the V6 and it is trouble free as repairs go.

2011 Ranger Sport

by Retired gearhead in AZ from San Tan Valley, AZ | March 15, 2013

We've had Rangers in the past, always having good luck with them. This one is no exception. While not the 'lap of luxury' or the cutting edge of technology, they're great trucks for light hauling or home-repair errands. It's a tough, dependable little hauler with surprisingly good performance with the 4.0 liter and 2 wheel drive. Fun to drive, actually. Looks good, too! With just two people in our household, this is all the truck I need as our heavy hauling/big RV days are over. Fits the bill just fine. It wouldn't have taken much effort on Ford's part to keep this truck competitive in the marketplace. And the 'New' Ranger won't be coming to North America, I hear. The F-150's have gotten just excessive in size..not everyone needs something that big. Bring back the Ranger!

Ford Ranger 4x4 (Sport Package)

by Dave from Boulder, CO | December 29, 2012

This truck can handle anything. The 4.0L V6 packs a punch and is much quicker than the 2.3L version. Love that it comes with front and rear disc brakes. Only complaint is the very basic interior design, could be at least a bit more up to standard with some cooler features but it will do. Overall It's a good looking truck and it's very reliable.

It'll do

by JW from San Diego | December 19, 2012

My 2011 XLT extended cab 4.0 5-speed is the second Ranger I've owned. The first one was identical, just a 2010. An air-head in a Tacoma ran a red light full tilt (was on the phone) and t-boned me square in the driver door. Knocked my truck right out of the intersection - cops were suprised it didn't roll. Airbags worked perfectly, I got a little scratch behind my left ear - probably flying glass. Totaled the truck - and hers - but it did it's job, I walked away. Took about two weeks for insurance to settle up and me to get a new one. OK so it's basic inside - get a better stereo and a dash mat for yours if you need that. I'll drive this one.

Money well spent

by Dave from Alberta Canada | December 17, 2012

Bought brand new last spring. Great little truck absolutely no issues other than the Electronic Traction control. The truck is a 4x4 so it was a waste of money for Ford to bother putting it in. I automaticaly disengage the thing as soon as I start the truck. Worst gas milage I have gotten is 19 MPG best was close to 26 which is better than I hear people generaly get with the 4 liter V6. The V6 has a more power than you need. If you buy one look for the extended cab, very handy to keep tools ect. locked up. Doing oil changes is very easy and every component of the drive train is easy to access to inspect. I have no idea why Ford decided to quit making them. Best deal out there for a small 4x4 truck.

Sharp looking, useful truck

by pickmeup from Largo | November 20, 2012

Love this truck. Handles very well, feels strong, great for towing, nice looking, all around really nice truck. Too bad it's the last year.

I've waited long enough

by MJ from Wisconsin | November 1, 2012

I've been wanting a Ranger since 1997. I finally purchased one a few weeks ago. Its used with only 1700 miles. I can't be happier with my purchase

GREAT Little Truck!

by Old Jake from Harlingen Texas | June 3, 2012

I bought this Ranger extended cab in May 2012 - new, last on the lot, and it fit my needs perfectly: plus, many, many more options (Sports package), came with it at an excellent price. I see others complain about the ride but hey! It's a truck! Small jump seat area? Then buy a 4-door! Jeez! Don't people look at what they buy FIRST? This truck is solid and I plan on driving it way more than 100,000 miles. The 4.0 V-6 has an excellent service record as well as the Ford transmission is reported as "almost bullet proof". First new Ford I've owned..........

Too bad they stopped making them

by Hangun61 from Cincinnati | May 28, 2012

For 11 years and over 100,000 miles, I had a Chevy S10 that I just loved. Great economy, good looks, comfortable ride and a lot of nice interior features made me wish I could buy another one just like it. Alas, Chevy quit making the S10 a few years back and introduced the Colorado, of which every review and analysis I read called it a dog. The 5 cylinder engine was slow, and not very economical. The ride was uncomfortable and stiff, and adding a few nice options drove the price out of touch. So, I considered a Ranger. I took one for a test drive and thought it was great. The V-6 paired to a 5 speed manual gets about 21 on the interstate, only a few less than my S10, and the increase in power is fantastic! The ride is smooth and quiet, and although my Ranger lacks a few options that I really miss, the reliability and styling is great. A couple of minor complaints are the lack of an interior courtesy light, a cumbersome duo of giant ignition key and seperate key fob, and considering the fact that it is a 2011 model, I felt like it should have had a standard driver information center with a compass and thermometer on the dash. The only valid major gripe I have is the access to the rear seating area in the extended cab. The passenger seat is cumbersome and difficult to move out of the way, and if anyone sits in the rear seating area, cramped as it is, they better not need to exit in a hurry. This is a poor design by Ford and should have been better thought out. All in all, I would definitely, and I have, recommend this vehicle. It is reliable, economical and a pleasure to drive. After a few years, I would hope Ford and Chevy return to the small truck market with updated versions of the Ranger and S10.

Featured Services for this Ford Ranger