2008 Ford Taurus X

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Ford Taurus X 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Transmission Troubles

by Baseball Mom from Warsaw, IN | June 19, 2014

2008 Ford Taurus X SEL, purchased in 2009. No tremendous issues except for bubbling and peeling paint on the hood right above the grill. Vehicle seems too big and heavy for the frame. Horrible in snow. Total transmission rebuild at 93K miles in June, 2014. $3000 and over 2 weeks without my vehicle. Hoping the repairs are the end of our woes!

Nothing flashy but good family car

by goosepappa from Hayward,Ca | May 27, 2014

Good family car. We purchased this car to fill a need. We needed to fit a wheelchair, walker, and four people. It's not flashy (SEL) but it has some bells and whistles. Power lift gate, dual ac/heat, backup sensors, and auto headlights. It had 78k and we managed to get it for under 11k out the door. So far it has been reliable. I did change out the factory (tinny) radio. I installed a unit with built in GPS, bluetooth, back up camera and XM radio. Sounds good with the cheapo Ford speakers. If I had a complaint it would be with the mileage, but I knew that going in. Realistically 15mpg in the city and 20mpg on the highway.....we did get 22 on a trip to Los Angeles. It's a heavy car to be pulled with a V6. It's a great alternative to the 45k I was going to spend. Do your homework, Carfax, Auto Check, etc. Happy Hunting :)

My Last Ford

by My Last Ford from Medford, NJ | March 1, 2014

Like everyone else, I have a 2008 Ford Taurus X with transmission problems, and there is only 49,000 miles on the car. Absolutely pathetic, this will be my last ford ever!!!

2008 TaurusX

by Jasper from New jersey | February 12, 2014

This is our second TaurusX. We still own the first and gave to our daughter in college with 140,000 miles on it. We found a second one a month ago with only 45,000. Based on the experience with the first one we expect the car to be fairly solid. My wife is primary driver and loves everything about it. Enough size for 6 (center consol in back seat), or she can fold down both 2nd and 3rd rows and turn it into a pick up truck. With FWD the car is great in all weather andfor a bigger car gets north of 20 mpg. The car has been solid and reliable, and she feels very safe in it.

bad choice in cars

by out for fun from | August 25, 2013

My 2008 Ford Taurus X has 86,000 miles on it and the transmission is broken. Was told it is a very expensive fix. It is the six speed. This seems like a very common problem with these vehicles and ford will not stand behind them. That is really sad When you spend so very much for the car. This will be the last ford I buy.

Wish we had bought this when it was new

by Happy Drivers from Fresno CA | June 2, 2013

Absolutely LOVE this vehicle. I had never heard of them until my husband found an obscure listing while we were in the market for a second car. We liked the look and like the reviews we read so we drove 4 hours to go look at it. Bing bang boom DONE. Had to have it. It doesn't have the heavy feel of a full blown SUV or van but the options to arrange the interior to suit any need makes it even better. Sits just high enough to provide excellent visibility. Even though it is already 5 years old it is quiet and solid. Not a rattle to be found. After a long road trip both of us said we wish we had known about them back in 2008, we would have bought it brand new. Should have been a better job at marketing the Taurus X.. Everybody we show it to says they wish they were still making them.

Best Car I've Owned

by Used Car Enthusiast from Boston, MA | February 23, 2013

I've had my 2008 Ford TaurusX for 1 month now. We love it. I don't know why Ford stopped making this car. We wanted a wagon, which is hard to find now. This car replaced an older Taurus wagon. It's only 2" wider and 2.5" longer but boy is there more room inside. It handles really well, you think it's a smaller car. It rides great and it's very peppy. Gas mileage is in the low 20's on the highway which is what the EPA says. I think this is a great value for the money.

Taurus X AWD

by T Rex from SC | September 2, 2012

This is a near perfect sized vehicle for our family. The third row seat gives us the versality we need without the bulk of a full suv or the stodgeyness of a minivan. It is simply very functional and dependable. We got the AWD and the associated gas mileage penalty. You get the taxi cab dependability of the Taurus and the niftyness of the Edge.

what a noisy carreta nahua.

by potasio from ca | August 11, 2012

My ford taurus x blazer is terrible. The suspension is not too good because it makes a lot of noises when passig on batches. I have to keep my radio on high volume to avoid listening to those noises in the botton of my car. I think it is a very low quality performance.

Practical

by JD from Venice, FL | August 1, 2012

I like the styling and praticality of this mid-size SUV. The price was perfect. Just a great vehicle!

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus X