2009 Ford Taurus X

2009 Ford Taurus X
Available in 6 styles:  2009 Ford Taurus X 4dr AWD shown

Overall

read this before you buy!!!!!!

by Upset Car Owner from | June 9, 2012

We purchased the ford taurus x 4 years ago when my first child was born. We needed the room because we new we would be expanding our family further over the years. The third row of this car is useless. You have to put down the entire seat in order to get into the back......not good when you have car seats strapped in to the middle row!!!! When the third row is up, there is very little trunk space. Then to top it off....our transmission blew after only 4 years and Ford will not replace it! They give you a warranty for only 60,000 miles or less for a replaced transmission. We were at 65,000 and they wouldn't help us. What car transmission ONLY lasts for 60,000 miles.....stay away from fords!!!!!!!

Excellent Family Car

by Mom of 3 from Fargo, ND | February 28, 2012

I bought this car to make room for my 3 growing kids who were crammed into my sedan and for the AWD in the winter time. They were so excited when I bought our beefed up station wagon. I did not want a van but I wanted the room and we got it! We go on LONG road trips with our large dog. There is plenty of room, easy access, great driving, and it's comfortable for long and short trips. The rear seats are surprisingly comfortable for adults also. VERY IMPRESSED. This is a keeper!

roomy, comfy.. everything I hoped

by Mom mobile owner from Oneida, NY | July 8, 2011

I bought the Ford Taurus X w/ the captains chairs in the center eliminating a 7th passenger but don't feel I'm missing a thing

Diamond in the rough

by The Coloradan from Denver, CO | June 29, 2011

Short and sweet... Great car, descent looks, handles well, lots of room. As for the person who said it was horrible because of the blind spots and the fact that the DVD player blocks their rear view, they are not providing a fair review of the vehicle. If you want to score a car low because you don't know how to use your mirrors and give your kids something more beneficial to do while you're backing up then I'd suggest you buy a convertible - No DVD players to get in your way then!

Why in the heck did Ford drop this ???

by The Professor from Waukesha, WI | May 23, 2010

This car is bar-none the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. WE went from a Ford Windstar (also very reliable) to the "X" as we call it. It handles better, feels more like a car, QUIETER by far, has just about as much room at the van. I do miss the sliding side doors for the kid's sake, but it's easy to get in and out of ALL the seats. Engine is a great plant, plenty of power, a tad thrashy at high RPM, but that rarely happens anyways. Milage is okay, not bad, not great, about 18 around town. Visibility is about as good as the van's. It has more room than the Edge, not quite the room as the Flex (still think it's kinda ugly)...

We love it

by Family man from Chicago, IL | November 2, 2009

We love our Taurus X -- it's got great versatility interior-wise. (Holds 7 occupants with a small amount of cargo in back, OR fold all the seats flat but the driver seat for tons of carrying space. Or any combination in between.) Our main reasons for getting it were the interior space and the safety. We have one with AWD, and because it's on the Volvo-designed platform, I feel like my family is well-protected. *I* like the Sync system also, although my wife finds it annoying. And sometimes it is. I think it looks great -- ours is Cinnamon colored, and it looks really different and unique. We often get compliments on it. It drives really smoothly, especially for the size -- we have relatives who also just got a new Hyundai and they said they liked our ride better. Ford dropped the ball with marketing these -- they didn't know what to do with them, so no one bought them. But I recommend it, if you can still find them. I like the new look as well (better than the somewhat bland Freestyle look), but would have liked to see one more model year so it could match the cool redesign of the 2010 Taurus.

taurus x

by rik from mo | June 17, 2009

A lot of car for the money and it doesn't scream "look at me" This car has been refined and updated since the 05 introduction. Needed the 7 passenger seating with good mileage and room.

Horrible

by C from | June 5, 2009

This car is horrible. There is no rearview visibility and the DVD is useless b/c if you flip it down you cannot see out of the back window. There are also huge blind spots when driving on BOTH the passenger and driver side.

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus X