1999 Ford Taurus

$354–$6,010

Overall

My first car

by Paleorunner from Colorado | August 6, 2013

This is a great car! I've had mine for 8 years now and besides an intermittent battery drain it is still running good! I'll hit 100k miles next time I go driving. While I did have another car while learning to drive, I was given this as a gift from my parents at the start of my last year of high school. I now work where I have to go on not well maintained dirt roads and so far the car is doing alright.

First car ever

by Carnut from Chicago, IL | July 1, 2012

This is the first vehicle I ever bought for myself. Bought it used with 67k miles on it and am now around 90k. A few minor problems but otherwise the car has been an absolute joy. Say what you will about Honda and Toyota being more reliable but if you take care of this guy, he'll take care of you. Love the extra power from the 3.0L Duratec V6 also. Can really move which is something most people don't expect when they see this thing. I did replace the factory radio with an aftermarket one and have been pleasantly surprised by the stock audio system. Gets decent mileage for a V6 from this decade too, usually am around 23-24 for bumping around town running errands and have seen it get up to 30mpg when driving on the highway (just keep the needle at 60 and you'll see). Planning to keep this running as long as possible and expect to be driving it well past 200k miles. (Transmissions on the Duratecs usually start to go anywhere between 110k and 130k so I'm keeping my fingers crossed)

Excellent value for the money

by Carman from Foley, AL | February 24, 2012

The Ford Taurus wagon a great poor-man's SUV. Very practical car and good driver. This is all I have to say. I hope this is long enough now.

fords best car since the model -t

by bigr623 from reading penna. | January 30, 2012

taurus is a great car. there very reliable, and economacle for a midsize car. I have owned 3 so far. i dont know about the newer ones like from 2008 on up. but the older ones are great cars.

Great car, love the huge wagon storage

by wuli from | June 10, 2011

Great Car! We bought it used 7 years ago and we barely had any problems with it. We love the huge station wagon storage in the back. We can just open the hatch and throw the bikes in. Half of our house fits! Pretty good MPG. Probably around 25 intercity +/-. Overall we are very happy with it, too bad they don't make wagons like this these days.

Pretty solid find.

by I know nothing about Cars from Orange County, CA | October 22, 2010

I bought a 1999 Ford Taurus LX at about 110000 miles 5 years ago at a used car lot. I bought this for school and used it for work after I graduated. I got it for pretty cheap. It still runs pretty well. I haven't had many problems with it since I've gotten it. I've had to replace the speed sensor (wouldn't shift gears properly because it couldn't sense the speed) but other than that nothing too major in terms of repairs. It's at 162k miles now and it can probably run for another 2-3 years. There's nothing special about this car, but if you want a car to hold you over for a couple of years for fairly cheap consider giving this car a look.

LOVE IT

by lakewoodcatania from LAKEWOOD, WA. | July 23, 2010

BOUGHT MY USED 1999 TAURUSIN 2010. 11YEARS OLD IT ONLY HAD 32,000 MILES ON IT. LOVE THE STYLING, THE COMFORT AND THE RELIABILITY. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GET ALL THAT IN A PRICE MUCH LESS THAN A SIMULAR HONDA OR TOYOTA.

Taurus SE

by Marissa car.3+ yrs now. from Johnston,r.i. | April 5, 2010

bought this car used at 71370 miles.now has 84,115 miles.running good.now all of a sudden it revved to 3-4 rpm.don't know why it did.but it did.3xtimes so far.now it needs a new brake line and a new tension pulley.and a new tire.all would cost $240.00 to be fixed.but if the transmission is slipping.i am not keeping it.as it means it could go.better off buying a honda/toyota next time.

Ford Taurus wagon

by ElectroGhandi from | December 29, 2009

Would I recommend this car to a friend? Yes, if the price is good. Which it usually is. I've seen used Taurus sedans go for cheaper than used Honda Civics that were older, and these Taurus vehicles are well equipped. I don't like automatics, but sometimes it's nice to have one and this car is a champ for long highway cruises. It just kinda floats down the highway, chomping up the pavement like black Fruit-by-the-Foot. There is no doubt that the features and comfort you'll get from this used car will be pretty much unmatched for the price. I would rate the reliability somewhat low as it needs brake jobs somewhat more often than usual and it does not like cold weather at all. A bunch of little things have gone wrong with this car, but the price is excellent and you get so much. If you're willing to deal with a few trips to the repair shop, I'd say go for it if you're comparing a used '99 Taurus for $2,500 vs. a '95 Toyota Corolla without power windows and A/C for $2,500.

First Ford Ever Owned

by American Car Enthusiast from Inglewood, CA | April 22, 2009

I just recently got a 99 Taurus. First time ever owning a Ford and this car has really won me over. It's a real attention grabber too. My friends can't believe how good of a car it is.

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus