2000 Ford Taurus

$891–$6,371

Overall

Horrible Dealership

by ebcangel from Maryville, MO | March 17, 2013

went to see this car and they didn't even detail it, then the dealer told me it was just dirty because of people driving it. It was filthy! when we got back from driving it he admitted they had forgotten to clean it. A 2hr drive and they couldn't even clean the vehicle. Plus the windshield is cracked, it is starting to rust near the passenger side rear wheel, and the gas gauge goes down super quick (my father says thats an indication of something worse). This car wouldn't have passed Missouri inspection. Save your time and money.

Worst dealership I've been to.

by El from NRH TX | August 23, 2012

I had contacted this dealership to repair a flat so I could test drive 3 times. All 3 times when I showed up the car was still blocked in by others and the flat had not been fixed.

very reliable car

by every day around town driver from Virginia Beach, VA | July 15, 2012

bought car in 07 used, 51,564 miles, SES model,4 door sedan with optional 3.OL, 4V 6-cyl engine and all speed traction control, paid $4,000 for it, it's been serviced every 5,000 miles, with oil change, etc.. 120,000 miles had brakes done, rotors turned, change oil and oil filter replaced, lubricate everything, change transmission fluid, cabin air filter replaced,(spark plugs replaced at 109,822 miles and good until 170,000 miles); if the vehicle is serviced regularly, and yes, you have to pay for the maintenance, then the car should be reliable. I'm very happy with my Taurus and taking it for the yearly inspection and 125,000 mile checkup. I hope to get at least 200,000 miles or better out of it.

Money Pit

by Ems Mommy from Cleveland | March 13, 2010

I live in a cold climate. I got my '00 Taurus SE in '06 with 58k on it. I have gone through 4 tie rods and 6 o2 sensors. But living in a cold climate the door hinge doesn't work if it's below 25 degrees. Which is often from end of November to mid March. I have to drive holding the door with right hand and wheel with left. Called Ford and they said oh well nothing we are going to do. I just poured 2800 bucks into the suspension front and rear. I still have to replace 2 more o2 sensors (again). I will go back to Chevy or Jeep before I will get another ford.

Stay Away at all Costs

by Garbage from East Central, PA | November 8, 2009

It's discouraging when you buy a car new and do your best to keep everything maintained and it's still junk. Suspension problems from day one. Took the dealer 3 visits to figure it out the mysterious noises I was hearing. Then the tail-lights quit around 20,000 miles due to a wiring issue! Talk about dangerous. Then a fuel injector quit at 40,000 miles. Then the starter motor quit at 60,000 and left me stranded. Then the alternator quit at 80,000. Then another fuel injector quit at 100,000. Then another alternator quit at 120,000. Then lights on the dash staring blowing out. Finally got rid of the piece of junk at 125,000 as the transmission was starting to go. Do yourself a favor and run from this car if you see it for sale.

One of the best

by indy from Indianapolis | January 13, 2009

I am somewhat familiar with foriegn cars after two Toyotas, one VW and a Nissan. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with our purchase of a used Taurus. This is one well built and reliable automobile. Ours came with 60k miles and was later sold to a family member at 130k. Another 40k later, he sold it to his best friend who is still driving the car today. In our three years of ownership, we never spent a dime on that car except for oil changes and a set of tires. Good job Ford.

Most Reliable car I have ever owned

by Ford Tough from Knoxville, TN. | December 17, 2008

I bought my 2000 Ford Taurus SE in 2003. It had 53,800, I gave $8000 cash for the car and have never regretted it. The only problem I have had with this car is the air bag sensor. Oh and the sound that the car makes from the rear wheels is annoying but you compare that little annoying sound to the reliability, to me its worth it. My car has 150,000 on it now and still handles and performs as well as it did the day I bought it almost 6 years ago. Very dependable car.

Dont buy

by Big from NY | August 10, 2007

Owned 2 ford taurus's. Have had many many problems with both since i bought them. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. Do not buy one!

Unfortunate Events...

by VENOM from Toronto, ON | March 23, 2007

I got my taurus wagon back in 2000. As of 03/23/07, there's 125 000 km on it (abt 77 000 mi) and I cannot even list all the things that went wrong along the way. It's proven to me over and over again how unreliable this vehicle has been for me... The ride is comfortable, it's a great highway rig, as long as it doesn't break down! The 155 HP V6 doesn't really put up a fight and it trails horribly to japanese and european cars when it comes to fuel consumption! The interior is roomy, but could be built with a little more attention to detail, it feels very cheap. The exterior is a matter of oppinion but to me it's nothing out of the ordinary. I wish I could rate the taurus higher, but I can only put it in the same box with the Expedition, Windstar and Focus, unfortunately. Hopefully Ford wakes up and invests some more in development. The engines, in particular. Unless they don't come up with more hybrids and/or alternative engines or don't redevelop their current engines to be 30-40% more efficient, Ford is doomed to go into extinction in this ever competitive industry, along with other North American manufacturers.

VERY AWESOME

by GREAT CAR from Mass/Medford | February 15, 2007

I live in the New england area. I bought my 2000 ford Taurus with 36k miles on it. I travel alot for buisness and its and awesome ride. Roomy and very comfortable for long drives. Its not very good in the snow. I was very sad to see it go.... It died on me with 175,451 miles on it. I had to put some work into it when it got in the 90,000miles-112,000. Other than that its and Awesome ride!

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus