2001 Ford Taurus

18–20 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Very Dependable Family Car

by Always on the Road from Pensacola, Florida | March 21, 2013

We bought this car new in 2001. It has been a very reliable family car. It now has 228,000 miles on it and still running great. We have had to replace parts over time (altenator, radiator, fuel pump, serpentine belt, spark plugs, coils, a/c compressor, oil change every 3,000 miles and lots of tires) Although we have had to maintain & replace parts of the car, it has been the best vehicle we have ever owned. In town we average about 20 mpg on the highway we get about 28 mpg.

BEST CAR DEALERSHIP EVERRRRRR!!!!

by Elizabeth from Budd lake, nj | March 20, 2013

omg this is the bestttt dealer ever!!! I was very much satisfied with their services..the people were extremely friendly ..n gave me n the hubby a great deal on our car! id totally recommend yosh motors to any1 in need of a used car!!

Great car for the money

by Chris from Greensboro, NC | March 6, 2013

The car is much more comfortable than a typical entry level car (think Kia). Not a lot of road noise and very comfortable on the highway. My wife and I owned a 2001 model for 10 years and had very few problems. The problems we had were mostly minor The only major issue we had in 10 years (mind you we bought the car used in 2003 and just recently sold it) was the A/C compressor went out. Other than that, routine maintenance and a few simple repairs. I would purchase another ford taurus if I was in the market for that style car. Upgraded to a minivan :o)

My 2nd Car

by Car Buyer3000 from ST. Joseph, MI | February 5, 2013

This will be the 2nd car that I own and I love it. I mean with some minor things that I had to fix. I had to fix a few things but they weren't anything major. I would recommend this car to any of my friends, co workers, and/or family. It's an amazing car and I just the car overall.

Great Car

by Value for the dollar from Nothern NJ | November 22, 2012

These cars have great pickup for keeping up with traffic. Smooth ride. Plenty of head room. Great for a family of four or five.

Great car for the money!

by Taurus2001 from Syracuse, NY | September 19, 2012

This car is excellent value. The ride is fantastic, and very soft. Mine is the SES sedan with the 3.0L Duratec DOHC engine. It has 68000 miles and everythig on it is perfect. I do regular oil changes, tune ups and maintenance. The engine has plenty of power, and runs incredibly smooth. The only problem I've had is the rear shocks and struts had to be replaced at 50,000 miles. This is a common problem on these cars and I recomend having them checked out if buying this car. Also the leather inserts on the door panels aren't very durable and my dog scratched them right off. Overall an excellent car. I've owned a 2000 Toyota Camry and I can say that the Taurus is a much better car.

Best in Class

by Brad from Seattle | May 5, 2012

This car is without doubt, 100%, by the cliche country mile, the best car in its class. With 300,000 miles I have never once had to do ANY work to this car. I bought it new in 01 and never even parked it in a garage. I have owned other cars in this class and NONE are anywhere near as good. My camry started having trouble just after 125k miles and died just before 200k, and my accord died at 175k. I did however have a Nissan that also made it to 300k miles before the expense to repair it exceeded the KBB value (That is when I consider a car dead and junk it). However that Nissan was not as powerful, not as comfortable, not as easy to drive, not as safe, and parts came from Japan so it cost more to maintain. On my taurus with the cruise set at 70 I get between 35 and 38 mpgs on the Freeway and have gotten 150k miles on each set of brakes too. Now some people will tell you that they had to have a transmission rebuild or replacement. Now as a well read, multiple car owner and gear head, I know why that is. Most cars the seals will last years and many thousands of miles longer than they will on the taurus. Now that is infact an issue with Ford's seals but it in no way caused their transmission problems. They did by not replacing them when they should have. Ford tell you that the seal needs to be replaced more often and the tell you when to replace them. If you listened then you would have had it done and paid the $100 (mostly labor as the part comes from the USA) and had the seal replaced. I have had it done on my Taurus 3 times (at ever 100k miles) and look where it is today. 300k and no sign of an end in sight. My advice is when you are buying one just ask about getting detailed records and maybe have a mechanic look at it. Look for tell tale signs of a transmission problem like dripping oil or a juttering while driving. Be careful and look close especially if your state salts roads in the winter. But a well maintained Taurus will last a lifetime.

Reliable Car

by Dave from Orange County, CA | March 17, 2012

I bought my 2001 Ford Taurus after it had over 200,000 miles on it, and it still ran like new! The seats are very comfortable. It handles quite well and the acceleration is great with it's V6 engine. The only thing that sucks is that it does not come with a CD player or any other gadgets that you see on the newer cars. Other than that, the vehicle has been very reliable and I've never had to get any work done on it besides routine maintenance

19ยข per mile Over the Life-So far!

by ERHandyman from St. Cloud, MN | August 23, 2011

I purchased the car new in Ocober of 2001 and drove it for 8 years, now my boys are driving it. It currently has 312,000 miles and still going. Faithfully did oil changes every 7,500 miles, tune ups at 100K, 200K, 300K, new belt @ 225K, normal tires and brakes and one new battery in 2007. I love all of the Fords I have owned (11 to date) and always, always had a good experience. Looking for another as we speak.

spare car

by mrb from Mi | March 11, 2011

bought to leave in Florida for personal use...had very low mileage...had "seal" issue first weekend I owned it, to the tune of $450...have had no issues since

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus