2002 Ford Taurus

2002 Ford Taurus

Available in 9 styles:  2002 Ford Taurus 4dr Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Safe car must read review

by Commanderhim from Arizona | February 2, 2014

Great car with ok gas millage. I had a Taurus ses until I rolled off a cliff in the desert. It rolled 4 or 5 times but my passanger and I walked out of the car without a scratch. The body style isn't really a young persons car, in my opinion , I'm only 20 however I'm glad the taurus was the car I picked or I might not had walked away. The car however was totaled by geico. I have had 3 car in the last year none have been as good as my taurs was. I'm currently saving to buy another one. P.s. Not good drift cars they may go off a cliff :)

Goodbye taurus

by Avon98 from USA | January 3, 2014

Purchased mine brand new in 2002 & just traded it Jan. 2013. My taurus lasted all those years without any mechanical problems until a few weeks ago, was very reliable & has taken me all over the southeastern USA with no issues. I would have kept it longer but finally, after all this time, the transmission went out of it. I decided to trade it in versus fixing it. If you are looking for a great older, used car, I'd recommend this model to anyone. :)

Nice

by Matt from | September 4, 2013

No complaints on this vehicle. Have had used several years, and needed to repair at times, but it has served use well.

nice car

by nice car from clarksburg wv | June 17, 2013

nice carkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

the ONLY sedan I could ever like enough to buy

by the wife from Sherwood, Ohio | March 2, 2013

First: I have always driven vans or station wagons, I detest a sedan with a trunk. Second: We were in a tight financial situation and we bought this particular car because of low price & excellent condition. Not what I was looking for but my husband insisted it was too good to pass up. I got a moon roof, white leather electronically adjustable seats, cd changer in the trunk, fin on the back, no rust, 6 cylinder with 108,000 miles for 4600.00. How many times do you find an 8 year old car that nice for that price? I bought it in August. In October we took a road trip and drove it 800 miles in 5 days and it did not give me a single problem. It was flawless until it got really cold out. I don't know whether the problem is with Taurus cars in general or just my car, but the heat is lacking. It never really gets hot enough inside the car to suit me, and it has trouble with humidity on the windshield sometimes, then we have to crack the windows for about 10 seconds and it clears right up. All I have had to do to is change the oil. I do plan to get that heat thing checked out. The trunk is enormous and it really could seat 5 comfortably.

LUVIN' IT

by LOVE TAURUS from FT. SMITH, ARKANSAS | April 9, 2012

I BOUGHT A VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF 2002 FORD TAURUS WAGON..HAD IT FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS NOW. REPLACED A MOTOR MOUNT, BOUGHT 4 NEW TIRES AND AN OIL CHANGE IT HAS 126K ON IT AND I AM LOVIN' IT

It's a Tank

by The Dude from Michigan | February 27, 2012

It's govenor limited to 110 MPH and moves well on the highway. Great gas milage for a large car. I got the SES 2002 in 2008 with 120,000 on the O. As of today it has 226,100 miles on it and it's still running strong. I've had a starter go out on me a few months ago. I replaced a battery last year. The power steering pump died at about 190,000. I've had a few minor part issues, but this thing has only left me stranded once out of all those miles. I've got a small rust spot over the rear wheel that just showed up this winter, other than that it looks great. Overall I'd have to say this is a well built car! Just put synthetic oil in there and do the regular maintainance and it shouldn't give you much in the way of problems unless it wasn't taken care of by a previous owner. I'm going to run this car until it dies and I really think I can get over 300k out of it before that happens (I do a lot of highway miles).

Hope to kepp this car going

by My friend from raciine,wi. | January 26, 2012

This is the 3rd Taurus I have nad .They are a goodcar for older people,because of thier reliability. Plan to get another whrn the time is right. Thanks for happy driving.

"D" pendable

by Very Satisfied Taurus Owner from Dallas, TX | October 25, 2011

I bought my 2002 in 2003. It is the best car I have owned so far. I usually buy used and keep up the regular maintenance, this car just won't let me down. I've got 134,000miles on it. I've had to do the regular minor repairs, nothing expensive. Tires, battery, alternator. My heater just went out, so I will be fixing that next. Overall , the best money I have ever spent on anything... Plus, it STILL LOOKS GOOD.

Worst Car I ever Had

by BIG T from El Paso | December 2, 2010

Problems with brakes, a/c, heater, engine terrible. changed brakes three times in two years from drums to brake pads and still make noise.

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus