2003 Ford Taurus

2003 Ford Taurus
Available in 13 styles:  2003 Ford Taurus 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Most reliable vehicle I've ever seen

by Joshua from Washington DC | April 28, 2014

Comfortable car with many outstanding features. Mechanical services were done periodically and with warranty. Excellently kept car and clean from outside to inside. Low mileage and has four brand new tyres. You can drive this car at least for 10 Yrs with peace of mind!

Huston, we have a problem.

by Tuner Dude from | June 7, 2013

Aaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllrighty. So, seems like everyone here has nothing but good things to say about this car. Which i can sorta see why. I got my 03 SES in August of 2011. Not bad. 75k miles on it. All black. Alloy rims. Kinda pricey though. At 6,540, it's a bit of a let down. I do love how reactive it is. You hit the pedal- you immediately feel it. The bucket seats are nice too for those long car trips! the alloy rims look sweeeeet paired with the black paint. Not to mention how convenient the sunroof is. But as to everything, there are downsides. I can't sit in it for more than 2 hours without getting suuuuupppeeerrr sore. BOTH the heat and AC have gone out within 2 months of one another. Tried re-filling the Freon. Turns out i need a whole new component. Not only did BOTH my tail light wiring harness' short circuit, but so did the head lights, 2 days later. My shocks are done for (No, i do not drive recklessly) as well as my ENTIRE rear strut assembly. My taurus had this really funny problem it uhh... heh... shut off on me while i was driving, 75 down the highway and boom. Power steering, abs breaks, lights. Everything. COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN. I honestly hate this car. The sound system is absolutely awful. My girlfriends 93 jetta is 10x louder than mine. That's not even the worse part. 3 of my four speakers have holes in them from the previous guy. What's even better is the screws are stripped. So, they're in there for good. " DO NOT GET A TAURUS IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A FUN CAR. It's pretty good for a grocery-getter. Not much of a hot rod. SOOOOOOO MANY PROBLEMS.

Greatest Car Ever Made

by Taurus Enthusiast from Green Bay, WI | November 9, 2012

I have owned my 2003 ford taurus for 7 years now, and have had zero problems with it. My car is the most reliable one I've owned, and is extremely comfortable to drive.

I LOVE MY 2003 FORD TAURUS SES!!!

by Love My Taurus! from Raleigh, NC | July 23, 2012

Talk about getting your money's worth.... Got my '03 Taurus in late 2003, used, with 20,000 miles for $13,500 compared to the new 2004s that were on the lot for $25,000. I've had a few minor repairs here and there, can't remember what all for, and I go through brakes like it's nobody's business but that's not the car...it's my rammy driving. :) I have had no major problems with this car whatsoever. My dad and husband take very good care of everything under the hood (which, obviously, helps prolong the life of my baby). She just turned 150,000 miles and still running strong, getting about 22 mpg to work and 28 mpg on road trips! It's been paid off since 2007, so I've had no car payment for 5 years and no major repair bills. It's been a dream. I always hear people bashing Fords but my parents have a 1999 Ford F-150, my sis has a 2001 Ford Escape, and my other sis has a 1988 Mustang and a 2005 Ford Fusion and they're all still running great! Put a little extra attention under the hood, and they'll last you a loooooong time. :)

My 2003 Tauras

by tauras lover from San Antonio Texas | July 23, 2012

this car is a replacement for my car that was totaled. I bought it a a great price, really belonged to an old lady and had 16000 miles on it. So far it has been a great car. It looks like it came off the showroon floor. I have only pit several hundred miles on it but sofar am delighted

ENJOY!!!!!!

by RandyMan from Houston, TX | February 17, 2012

I sell Fords and usually buy these for commuter cars and keep them until about 100 K miles. This one is a SEL loaded with all options but a roof. The DOHC optional V-6 runs strong and is very reliable. This one only had 39K miles and looked like brand new. I have had great experiences with 2 former similar Taurus' and expect the same from this one. Low maintanance and roomy. Failrly good gas mileage with plenty of power for everyday commuting.

Good up to 100K

by Bossbandbob from MA | January 9, 2012

Except for continually warping brake rotors, this was a pretty reliable, roomy and comfy car until it hit around 100,000 miles. After that the AC condensor went, 3 of 4 coil springs broke, I started getting bucking on the freeway, heater motor blew out, license plate lights would not work and brake rotors warped for about the fourth time!

Good Car for Daughter in College

by Fairfax Dad from Fairfax, VA | November 5, 2011

I wanted to find a safe, reliable car for my daughter to take to college for her Junior year. I wanted the car to last relaibly past her graduation (2 yrs away). I got a Taurus because they have good safety and reilability ratings in owner review. We got an 03 with 71 K milew. One month after buying it we drove it 3000 miles to her college in California. We enjoyed the smooth, comfortable ride, roomy interior, great air conditioning, and nice sound system. Advantages of this car: - Roomy interior - Nice ride - Reputation for reliability - Easy, less-expensive repairs (my daughter cracked a tail-light backing into a dumpster, and was able to get a replacement inexpensively over the Internet and then replace it herself.) - Inexpensive purchase cost compared to other cars Disadvantages - Weak performance from Ford V-6 - Transmission is not smooth - Column-mounted gearshift is clunky.

MY TWO DAUGHTERS VEHICLES

by Darrin from New Jersey | July 13, 2011

I bought the first 2004 Taurus for my older daughter. it was in great shape & ran well. I have kept it serviced & it has run perectly. gets great fuel mileage. I liked it so much I bought my yuonger daughter an identical 03 Taurus for her.

first car and proud of it

by college kid from Corbin, KY | June 8, 2011

Bought the car with 127,000 miles on it and have never had a problem. I have the SES deluxe edition and I am very proud to own this car. The only problem with it is the cloth in the interior is a little flimsy. Otherwise, highly valued car.

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus