2004 Ford Taurus

Available in 8 styles:  2004 Ford Taurus 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Best Car I Could've Asked For

by mjwatts from Minneapolis, MN / Los Angeles, CA | June 2, 2014

I inherited my grandparents' 2004 Taurus in 2011, my senior year of high school. My grandparents never had any issues with it, the only service ever done on it was oil changes done by my grandpa himself. It was in fantastic shape when I got it, and I loved it. As my dad would say, there's nothing frilly or attractive about this car, it's definitely not a fun drive, but it's a safe and reliable car. This car lasted through two particularly cruel Minnesota winters, and through a couple cross country drives to my college in Los Angeles, all with ease. It was unfortunately totaled in a horrible accident involving a deer, but had it not been totaled I'm sure it would've lasted me 150,000 miles and beyond. I've heard about Taurses having transmission problems, braking problems, and electrical problems, but my family never had any issues in the ten years we had it. This car is severely underrated in my opinion, and I would recommend it to anyone.

car for sons(reliable)

by reliable car fan from Baton Rouge, La | November 26, 2013

I had been looking for a reliable car for my sons for a while and I am so glad that I waited and took the advice of a coworker to go to cars.com. I was so blessed to hop on this deal right away, a 2004 Ford Taurus. I know if I had waited a day longer that this car would have been gone. I feel very blessed to have found this good car. It performs well and the ride is comfortable. It's a mid-size car and suitable for two growing teenagers to get around school, etc. I thank God for the deal and I pray for many yrs of use for my sons.

Ehh for a first car

by teencarenthusiast from | November 28, 2012

Horrible Fuel economy Slow acceleration Wide turning circle The speaker system is very crackly and poor quality Terrible traction in wet weather Rust!

Fords are #1

by MooseMan from Allentown PA | February 12, 2012

On my 3rd taurus like the ride. I drive 50 miles oneway to work. Got 165k on one and 130k on the other.Just take care of the transmission and they are very good running car.Also have a Sable { Taurus Mercury sister car}.also a great running car..

Still my first choice

by JoeEddie from Ithaca, NY | January 7, 2012

I wanted to spend $10,000 on a used car - that gave me the choice of a very old, very small import model with at least 60,000 miles on it (who knows what KIND of miles), or a three-year-old Taurus SES with 23,000 miles on it, leather, power everything and very high safety rating. I went against the import craze and bought another Taurus. It has over 70,000 miles on it now, and I've replaced only tires. COST OF OWNERSHIP is what I value, not hype and style. This is a big comfy car that handles well in snow and rain. This SES Taurus also has an "avg. miles per gallon" setting in the dash display, and I've been able to get 40mpg on long trips. I argue the quality of this car against all my friends' expensive imports, as I grew up on a farm and know what my money is worth. If you value your money and safety, this is the type of car you should shop for - in fact it may be THE car to shop for.

Great car....but!!!

by fordaregreat! from St.Cload MN | March 19, 2011

Well i got my taurus because i needed a better car for the time because i would be driving alot and although my other ford was still reliable i still wanted a better car. My taurus has been great, i always keep up on the fluid changes. My biggest problem with this style taurus it that they rust. Yeah i said RUST, its only a few years lod and it is rusting very bad. I had always washed the salt off every week that i could and it still ended up rusting. Will never own this style ever again

Would buy again & again

by Loyal Taurus Owner from Cincinnati, OH | August 1, 2010

I brought this car used in 2006. This car has never failed me, and holds up great. It came through a nasty wreck in the winter of 2008 and it shocked me how well we (me & the car) came out of it. If I had my way, I would never own any other car than a Taurus. Lots of room, very reliable..very very pleased!

Great Car

by Mom from | October 25, 2009

Love this car. Needed a reliable car for family of 4. Don't regret purchase. Love the Taurus line of automobiles.

Best Value for the Money

by Average Driver from Kansas City, MO. | August 21, 2009

The 2004 is the third Taurus I've owned; No major problems with any of them. All of them get from 23 to 29 mpg. I've had both sizes of engines and both of them have plenty of power for normal driving. They are easy to drive and very comfortable. I will definitely buy another one when the time comes.

Solid vehicle

by Goatherd from Colorado | June 11, 2009

This is the second Taurus we've owned, and it has never hiccoughed. Runs smoothly, no trouble. Not fashionable or flashy, but doesn't look excessively dated either. If you're looking for something to move people in comfort, haul groceries, or commute to work, this is a solid choice.

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus