2005 Ford Taurus

20 city / 27 hwy

Overall

A Safe Car You Can Rely On

by College Guy from Michigan | July 14, 2014

The mileage is alright, but it's an extremely reliable car. I never had any problems during my 3 years with it. It handled many long trips across the states with ease and has plenty of space for moving home from college. Seats 6, huge trunk, a great car!

I have owned 5 Ford Taurus in the past am glad

by jeeweemc from Greeley, Co. | February 21, 2012

My first Taurus was a 1989 Taurus and it lasted till I traded it for the 2005 Taurus SE that we drive now. The 1989 was one of the most dependable cars I've ever had and I have owned several as I am now 71 yrs. old. The 2005 I find as a liitle small on the interior part. I am always bumping my head or my knees but I still have been driving it. It is roomy for my legs but not for my taller torso. For performance the best Taurus I ever had was a 1990 Taurus SHO. It could do things that most 4 dr. sedans would never think of. It corners like a Corvette and has the speed of Well, I better not say, other than more than you'll ever need. The Taurus SEL and the SHO have ALL the computerized toys and gimmicks that we all like and most of those items come standard on those cars. Buy Ford, you'll be glad you did.

Bigger than I Look

by Comfort First from Baltimore, MD | February 2, 2012

This is my second Taurus and I like it better than the first. The look is sleek and does not look like the big car that it is. The interior room is awsome. Lots of space for people and junk. The truck is huge for serious shoppers. The ride is smooth. This is a winner for an everyday car.

Unexpectedly Happy with this car

by Berti Lou from Council Bluffs, IA | January 30, 2012

Got this car late 2010. Was not looking for a Taurus. Thought they were styled for old people. Found this on the internet and loved the looks. It has a spoiler that gives it a sportier look.I bought it with 83,000 miles and it now has 107,00. The gas mileage is always around 21 or 22 with city and highway driving mix. Took it on vacation last summer and got 26 to 27 on the highway. I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle. Glad I got past the Taurus stigma.

Good Bang for your Buck

by Highway Expert Supreme from Carrollton, Texas | January 17, 2012

This vehicle has been very reliable and not expensive to maintain. I've used it for road trips (to California, Colorado, Illinois, etc) and local driving (Texas) and it's held up well. Still plenty of pep after 158,000 miles!

Taurus

by tyrsmkr from chicago | December 18, 2011

We have put 140k on the car and the only thing thats has went wrong was the water pump failed at 80k.We ave about 25mpg's.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Ford Taurus from Modesto, CA | May 11, 2011

I bought this car used. This car is great - didn't break down, reliable, gas saver, and it was able to seat up to 6 people with a HUGE trunk. There isn't any other car I know of with that large of a trunk.

Okay Car

by Sword210 from | April 9, 2011

Got this car used when my 91 Honda Accord started to die. I have the SEL model which has all the bells and whistles on it. The interior is very roomy and lots of room in the backseat and trunk. The car rides nice, but has no turn radius. Its very hard to manuver the car in tight parking lots. Visibility is limited for me as well, but I am short, so someone else taller may be able to see out of it well. The car runs good, have not had any major problems with it. I personally hate the styling, but some may think it looks better; styling is subjective to the viewer. Gas mileage is not very good, I average about 28mpg with mostly highway driving and some city. I purchased the car cheap, like I said above my other car died and I needed something fast and cheap, but it would not have been my first choice. Its too large of a car for me, I call it a boat sometimes b/c it is so large. Car has little resale value. Getting ready to trade it in for something newer with better mpg. I have had the car for a couple of years, it does have high mileage on it and was used when I bought it, and its only worth about 2,000 dollars. Its not a bad car, but not what I need/want in a car. I prefer smaller vehicles for commuting back and forth to college.

Car I've Owned

by Car Enthusiast from WIS | February 18, 2011

THE MILAGE IS HORABLE ON THE FORD TAURUS I HAD ONE LIKE THIS AND STILL HAVE IT BECAUSE I CAN NOT BUY SOMETHING INTEL I SELL MIND

best engine

by desertsnow from Nashville | November 7, 2010

The 3.0 V6 from Ford is the best engine ever made in USA never fail or broke easily the bad thing is that with the engine they putted one of the wrest transmissions ever made. great car overall handles good they have really good AC as about design don't like it.

Featured Services for this Ford Taurus