2006 Ford Taurus

2006 Ford Taurus

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Ford Taurus 4dr Sedan shown

20 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Great car just watch the transmission

by Suburb commuter from Byram MS | June 4, 2013

I previously owned this model ford taurus. Mine however was the fully loaded SEL with leather, spoiler, sunroof and cd changer. What I loved most was the comfort and roominess of the car. I am 6ft tall and weigh a good 250 lbs. And even when my friends and I decided to make a road trip we would always choose my vehicle because mine would comfortably fit five people of average and above average size. At that time I commuted a 45 minute drive to work. And let me tell you for being a big car it was very easy on gas and always seemed to have plenty of power to pass. It was very reliable but I did have some transmission issues. Be warned about these because everyone I knew with this model taurus ended up replacing the transmission and other parts. My mechanic said the transmission in this model ford was garbage. However, other than that I would recommend it. I sold my car and bought the new dodge charger but I still miss my taurus and now wished I would've kept it for a second vehicle. After moving I planned to look for one just like the one I got to purchase just for a second vehicle.

Good car

by Big Booter from North Dakota | May 19, 2013

Purchased used in 2007 with 15k miles. Now has 120k. The only thing I had to replace is the alternator. Great reliable car. 22mpg city 27-30 highway mpg. Not the most quiet or smoothest riding car, but running quality tires helps. Keep the oil changed, fuel filter, and transmission serviced and these cars will run a long time.

The a fun car to drive, but has an excellent value

by Mistermiles from Illinois | January 10, 2013

I just hit 275,000 miles. I bought it with 70,000 miles. Averaged 31 mpg over life of vehicle. Replaced altenator and radiator. Radiator was damaged in accident though. Still running, though its on its last leg. Overall best value for the dollar I have ever had out owning Hondas, Chevys, Pontiacs, Dodges or my Oldsmobile. It has never left me stranded. Bought for 6,900 dollars.

"Brst Car on the Road"

by My "green bull" from Raleigh, N.C. | December 8, 2012

I bought this car because I had ownwd two of the same kind before The overall performance is really great!! The take off is always smooth with no jerking or hesitation - pick up speed is remarkable - this car is very good on oil and gas. (I live in town and my avg. MPG is 20.0) Out on the open road---I am good to go!!! The engine is always "smooth" idling and running. She starts up first time every time. It is the best thing going!!!

2006 Taurus, Great value

by Used car enthusiast from New Hampshire | April 10, 2012

I bought my 2006 in 2007 and it was like new with 15k on it, Five years later and the care drives like it did when I got it, Had it dealer serviced and never had any problems, It is great in snow and icy roads with the all season tires, the only thing with this car is when I lightly touch the excellerator the car takes off, no holding it back.

Ford Taurus

by Cindy from Chandler, AZ | February 19, 2012

This was my daughter's first car and she had it up until this past spring. (10 years). She loved it and it was a good car to her!

Nice Car

by Car Guy from Tampa, FL | November 7, 2011

Unbeatable car for the money.Low maintenance, good mileage, good room, decent performance. Ford let down on the interior. Whoever designed the cup holders ought to be shot. Brakes have a dead feel. They stop fine, but feel is totally wooden. This last year of the Taurus shows how Ford took their eye off the ball. We also have a 1997 Taurus that feels like totally different car from a handling, stopping, and accelerating.

Not worth the money or space on road!

by Becca from nebraska | October 28, 2011

Broke down 5 times in a 6 month period. All five times was a due to the fuel system. 3 ford dealerships couldn't fix it properly. Finally traded it in on something new. Will never buy a Taurus again.

Most Reliable car I've ever owned

by Carfenatic from St. Paul Minnesota | July 8, 2011

We have had our Ford Taurus for about 3 years now and have put over 100,000 miles on it. We bought it with 15,000 miles for $7,000. We have had no problems with the vehical. We even went 10,000 miles over on our oil change and it still runs great! We thought that we really screwed it up when that happend but still runs like the day we bought it. The only problem was that something that is in the Air Conditioner got loose and had to be tightened. Other wise just schedualed matnance. One problem with the car is that it only gets about 21 mpg. Not terible mpgs but most cars do have better mpgs for being that new as well. If you are condidering this car, you wont be disapointed with it!

Best car I ever owned

by Lover of Road Trips from near Athens, Georgia | March 22, 2011

Bought it used on a rainy day. Both my son and I loved it right away. Drives good, don't have to worry about it's reliability. Gets 21-22 mpg.