2013 Ford Taurus

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very good value for the money

by JIm from VA | April 2, 2014

3 months in so I think the euphoria has worn off. Im coming off of a 2001 Acura RL- 2013 Limited with 20K miles. so far has been pretty good. The pluses- you do get a lot for the money, the technology (with the right package) is excellent and its comfortable, safe and gets good mileage. My kids like changing the color of the interior LED lights. Plent of other nice things included that are cool. Lots of space and good layout. Some things I dont like, but still would not be deal killers for me - rides a bit rough for larger car- feel the bumps more than we should. Not as quiet as Id hoped. Visability was a concern at first, but you get used it really fast. The RV camera, blind spot and larger, but partially obscured windows are very helpful. The AC cooled seats are great...fans are loud on highest setting, but no biggie. Remote starter is awesome, HD radio- cant tell the difference, so no thrill there. Sync is good, no bugs on mine and once you learn it, its easy and intuitive for the most part. Nav works really good for me. Its not a sports car and doesnt behave like one, but to me thats wasnt what I wanted. All in all, for ~22K newer used car, a really good value for what you get. Less than I paid for my used acura 11 years ago.

Family Car that is fun to drive

by family man from Milford, CT | March 3, 2014

I bought the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO in June 2012 as soon as the "refreshed" SHO came out, so I have driven it nearly 20 months and put over 27,000 miles on it. Love the car. We are a family of 4 who takes a couple trips of year of over 700 miles and this thing easily hauls all our luggage in it's huge trunk. It's been dependable, as I have only had to take it in for service one-time due to a turbo lag issue that I wanted checked. Turned out to be a couple hour repair and no issues since. AWD is helpful here in the NE, and the car flat-out hauls when you stomp the accelerator. One of the selling features of the car for me was the Sync system which I had in my previous car ('08 Fusion), so I wanted something I didn't need to relearn. Saw consumer reports bag on MyFord Touch system but don't find it anymore ridiculous to use than my '09 Caddy and I like hearing a professional voice vs my own (or worse yet, my wifes!)--like in GM cars when you enter phone numbers. I actually liked the car so much, I bought my wife a 2013 Explorer Sport which is the SUV version of the SHO... I think the folks at Consumber Reports forget that they sit in a couple hundred cars a year, so it's understandable they'd want a system easy to use the second you jump in it, but to rate a car on that isn't real world. Most people are going to lease or own a car at least 3 years, so maybe it takes them a week to figure out all of the controls then it's no issue. Couple things Ford could do better: The tilt-steering doesn't tilt down enough, I find I can't rest my right elbow on the armrest and hold the steering wheel while driving long distances. The rear interior lighting cluster isn't anchored very well or something, because after you use the sunroof, it seems the darn thing rattles around for a 10-15 miles before it finally settles back.

great car........... 2013 sel............

by bob from so. california | February 27, 2014

just can't say enough about this car........... one of the best cars i have owned in my 70 years.... just a great "american" car.............. had this car for 17 months.....

Best Car I've Owned

by HappyCamper from Northeast Wisconsin | February 27, 2014

I bought my 2013 Taurus Limited in 2012 and have had zero problems with it. The front wheel drive is fine for Wisconsin winters--the heated seats and steering wheel are a plus. It is very quiet, drives well, and gets good gas mileage. The seats are extremely well made and comfortable, even for a person with a bad back. After learning the Sync system, I love it and have never had any problems. Bluetooth for iPhone works perfectly, hooking up iPad is easy, GPS is as good as Garmin's. I am writing this because I cannot fathom why Consumer Reports dislikes this car.

Best all around vehicle I have owened.

by Buddy from Windsor, Virginia | February 20, 2014

We specified everything we wanted and got even more. We love the comfort and gas mileage as well as all the amenities. We could not be more satisfied as of now. I think I have become a Ford owner for life.

2013 Ford Taurus Limited

by Ready to Ride from Dallas TX | February 13, 2014

I like the overall functionality of the car. from remote start, to my sync system. This car was exactly what I was looking for in a business car. Rides well and is comfortable

ford

by 1 month owner from Upper Sandusky Ohio | January 23, 2014

great car- love the push start- no more trying to find my keys, the back up mirror is great, sync took a bit of getting used to but now I love it, great ride and very sporty looking

Excellent Car

by Hector from Puerto Rico | January 22, 2014

Purchase the 2013 Ford Taurus SEL in October last year and I am very impressed with this magnificent car. The best of the Ford. 5 stars is my review.

Ford Taures

by Don Smith from Aemonk N.Y. | January 19, 2014

I have always liked the lines of the look of the Ford Taures.Unfortunatley I was unable to replace my 2003 which was totaled on I 287 3 yrs ago when I was hit by a drunk driver who had left the scene the accident. Because of the car was well made I do believe that my friend and I were able to walk away with minor injuries from the accident.Unfortuneatly the car was unable to be replaced and I had never been able to replace the car due to financial loss. Thanks for letting me be able to view my opinion about the Ford Taures Daniel Leffler

Love the car

by Car guy from Tonawanda,NY | January 17, 2014

Car handles great,quiet sync system works great,controls everything by voice!!Love the push button start,no more fumbling for keys!!!