1994 Ford Tempo

Information Coming Soon

Overall

My First Car

by fordtempo94 from Akron Ohio | March 25, 2014

I bought my Ford Tempo with my grandma as a present for skipping Christmas due to having appendicitis. My grandma told me that she would buy me a car after I got out of the hospital. We had to put at least $300 worth of work. But my little white Ford has only 108,000 miles on it when we got the little gem. All in all, I love my little Tempo. The ONLY thing I don't like are those automatic shoulder belts, as they retract when you turn the key. It is so annoying! Other than that for a 20 year old car, she runs great and starts up every time.

Mediocre econemy car.

by John Frikit from Canada | February 25, 2013

The Ford Tempo is a mediocre econemy car. It tends to understeer around corners often. It has zero power and is very slow. The interior is bland with grays and grays. Its also a Non-Tall-PErson-Friendly car. Other than these it tends to rust really bad! As worse as my escort. Which Is super rusty! Overall Id give it a 4-10 .

Excellent Car

by Tempo Lover from W Palm Beach, FL | September 17, 2011

I bought my 4 cyl. 1993 Tempo, 3 years ago ... it had 46,000 miles on it, had 2 mechanics look @ it, & they said looks like original mileage to them ... had to put a new starter & thermostat in it this year (2011), a new tailpipe the other year, and other than tune ups & oil changes that's it .. the a/c runs ice cold, & the heater is toasty warm ... the only thing I don't care for is the design of the seat belt system, other than that, I've never put $600.00 to better use, and I drive it daily

An Excelent Car.

by John from Seattle and Mississippi | December 6, 2007

I have a V6 LX which provides a lot of power and good features for the money. I paid $3500 for the car in mint condition about seven years ago. I've been accross country about a dozen times in it. It has the original engine, trans, etc. Its never needed a major repair. I specificly do not like the 3-speed automatic (and, at almost 170,000 miles, feels like its about to die). It keeps the RPMs too high, killing fuel mileage (actually, considoring the amount of power it has and lack of O/D, the car does ok on fuel really). But, it was the standard of the day when this car was designed. I would much prefer to have the 5-speed manual but oh well. The A/C works great in the car. LX seats (power driver) are comfortable and durable. Guages are easy to read. Everything is easy to find and access. The reason the car got a low score on features is mostly because it lacks an overdrive automatic and you couldnt get one with leather. My car has every other option, I would like to have had leather as well. The exterior styling, although plain, is tastefull and functional without being too boxy (like Dodge Spirit or similar cars of the era). I've put almost 100,000 miles on the car since I bought it, and its served me extreamly well. I upgraded the standard wheels to 15" alloys from a 2001 Mercury Cougar. The look great and improved the handeling of the car, making it a lot more stable at any speed.

This car is different for a Ford

by The carfreak from Virginia Beach, Virginia | January 2, 2007

The car has much more reliability then a ford car has. It also is hard to work on. The car is a cheap car and was bought for $550. Still for 130000 mile car it sounds good. The car comes in V4 and V6 engines and comes as a 2 or 4 door. They might be hard to come by but it is a poor mans car.The style is a bust but hay its a poor mans car. The handling is average. Porformance for the 4cyl is 93 horsepower and the 6 is 130hp.I perfer the V4 because of the mileage:30mpg. The V6 is much less.Confort is the good. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Featured Services for this Ford Tempo