1997 Ford Thunderbird

18 city / 25.9 hwy

Overall

AWESOME 4.6 DOHC

by thunder power from Myrtle Beach,S.C. | October 2, 2013

I been a Chevy man all my life until i found my 97LX Limited Edition Ford Thunderbird! I am very pleased with the power and exhilaration of the car but i'm the type of man that likes to play, i always want more so i'm gonna put a G Force Performance Chip in it! All in all i couldn't be more pleased with my T-Bird! I'll never let my car go, i do plan on handing it down to my son! We're going to have alot of father-son-time with the car and i can't wait to get started! I will take the chip out before handing it down to my son! Anybody with this car ,the chip can give it up to 50 more hp and up to 8 mi. more on the gallon.

My favorite

by freezerkid from Laguna Beach, Ca | December 16, 2012

I miss this car. I had a 97 lazer red, v-8, gray leather, sunroof and I have been searching on the internet for another one. The one I like are on the other side of the country. Looking for another lazer red with a v-8.

Old Ford

by raticalls6 from Simi Valley CA | September 2, 2012

V8, RWD, IRS, 4WDB. Do that for under $3K with 78k miles ! This is one of the greatest examples of "look deeper into the car. Mostly bought by older women when new. Plenty of low mile examples available. And it get's 25+MPG on the HWY at between 70 and 90 with the a/c on.

Very good car.

by T-bird lover from Sandusky, Ohio | April 7, 2011

The Ford Thunderbird Lx is a great car for the money. It is very reliable and is a good car for daily driving.

Whopper of a car!!!

by White Raven from Buffalo | September 16, 2010

Check out the "reviews on this car! The Kelly Blue Book does not include the Jasper Engine & Custom Leather Interior or Custom High Performance Dual Exhaust System not to mention the Cherry Bomb Mufflers & the After Market Radio or Mag Wheels. The standard 97 T-Bird whether a v6 or a v8 did not come loaded like this one! The Jasper Engine alone is worth more than the Kelly Blue Book Values. I Love my T-Bird, wish I had this one also!!!

I loved this car

by tonyintrpd from Tri Cities, TN | January 27, 2010

I bought it off the show room floor... I miss it. I have no doubt it would still be running today; if not for the guy that totaled mine when he ran a red light. He hit me in the drivers door doing 40ish and I didnt get a scratch. One of the safest cars I have ever driven. I would recomend this car to anyone. Had the car for 9 years.

Last & Best of an Era

by Road Warrior from Santa Rosa, CA | January 27, 2010

My 97 T-Bird was built during the last week of production for this model--the last and best of its era. Mine has the fuel injected SOHC V8 and Sport Package option. This car has been driven all over the western US and has never given the slightest problem. Other than routine servicing and wear items like brakes and tires, it has never been in the garage for repairs. The power and performance easily match vehicles that cost half again as much, and a lot more to maintain.

Changed Man

by Top Dawg from Waco,Tx. | January 24, 2010

I've driven Chevys' all my life and although I've owned a couple of Fords I just never really liked them that much. Recently I purchased a 97 T-bird LX 4.6 and theres not enough good I can say about the car. From its quick responce and good looks to 26 mpg. I love it !!!!!!!!

Most fun on four wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

by The ThunderBEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from Dallas,TX | April 23, 2009

A 1997 Thunderbird Sport( RARE) All Sports are V8s, but not all V8's are sport.Talk a about Fantastic car for the money, it has 145,000 miles and looks and runs like new. Conservative drive in D and the manual shift unleashes the sport. Having one of the last of the 97's feels like an honor and I look forward in babying the last of the MN12s. For future drivers it is a marvel of driving fun, be on the look out and hold on to it for dear life.

Great First Car

by quakergeneral13 from Richmond, VA | September 28, 2008

This is my first car. I've been driving it for 2 1/2 years now and have very few complaints. It didn't have a cd player, but that was remedied easily enough. The interior is very nicely appointed. The seats up front are very comfortable and allow for long trips. The bench in the back can be uncomfortable if you're taller than five feet. The only work I've had to have done is routine maintenance; oil, belts, etc. I have the V-6 and it still has enough power to satisfy. The handling is the best i've ever experienced. Overall a superb first car

Featured Services for this Ford Thunderbird