2005 Ford Thunderbird

18 city / 24 hwy

Overall

the perfect retro car!

by abstrachic from Louisiana | August 16, 2014

I have had 2 of the retro t-birds; I absolutely loved my 2004 t-bird and would have likely kept it forever! but, I was hit broadside in the drivers door by another driver that did not see 2 stop signs! neither of us ever hit our brakes and she was in a big 4 door sedan and both cars were totaled; the t-bird was REMARKABLE; altho I was trapped int he car since the door wouldnt open, i was lucky enough to walk away; minor injuries; thanks to cars.com, I was able to locate a 2005 t-bird with only 10k miles! I am back on the road in my t-bird and I love each and everything about this one as well! awesome little drivers!

Enjoying a True Classic

by Young at Heart from Peoria, Illinois | July 29, 2014

At the age of 70 years young my wife and I have had the opportunity in our life time to have experienced the muscle cars and sports cars of the 50s, 60s, and those up to the current year 2014. The Thunderbird from 1955 to 1957 was a classic. I have always considered owning a classic T bird. We recently purchased a gently used 2005 red 50th anniversary convertible T bird with a white hardtop and have been totally ecstatic with this great automobile. My wife and I will take trips with this Bird and enjoy every motoring moment. It has met every expectation I had and will remain in the family to be passed down as one of America's true classics. No complaints just accolades for a great and classic American automobile.

Fun to Drive

by RayW from Peachtree City, GA | May 8, 2014

Bought sight unseen, needed minor repairs, new tires (had original on it, but only 19,255 miles on the car). Got the Blue with Sand Option - nice combo and not hot during the hot Atlanta months. Lots of looks and comments. Only bad item - small trunk.

Giddy Up

by SummerinOC from Orlando Florida | January 29, 2013

With its curves and smaller interior I see this as a girls car. I've had Corvettes, Porsches and other eye catching muscle cars which were all either hard to handle or an uncomfortable ride. My Bird is light, easy to steer and can spin dust on the highway. No major repairs, no disappointments. It has seen 48K miles with plenty more to go. Always a conversation starter. No real storage in the interior but I find the trunk is surprisingly large. The a/c is cold, the sound system is more than adequate and it's quiet inside. What's more it's paid for!

Fun car

by Just Jack from St. Louis | September 19, 2011

If you are tired of seeing Corvettes everywhere, take a look at the T'Bird. Clearly for the over 50 set, however the car is a lot of fun to drive and you don't see one just like it around every corner.

Turns heads every time

by T-rex from Wyoming | May 15, 2011

Have a 2005 Steel Blue in showroom condition. Every time we take it out for a drive it gets lots of complements. Some may not like the styling, others love it. It's flat out FUN to drive. Only drawback I've found is the tiny trunk.

Coolest car I know

by old crow from waukesha, wi | May 13, 2011

This car is super stylish. With the removable classic hardtop with the opera windows and the convertible top, it is ready for any occasion. It needs additional storage space for small stuff in the interior, but otherwise perfect.

Love my T-Bird

by Dominodude from Jamestown, ND | April 4, 2011

This is my first "fun" car. I love every bit of it. It turns heads with its good looks and the car is a pleasure to drive. Only thing I'd change is to give her some interior storage ammenities.

My bucket car

by Lou from Indiana | October 26, 2010

Love it!!!! What more can I say. Most fun car i have ever owned. Love the color (red) and the style. Would not sell for double the price i gave for it.

Beautiful fake-mobile

by Buckyfan from Aiken, SC | April 22, 2010

I really enjoy looking at and driving my T-Bird. But it's really a "fake" sports car. Not nearly the handling nor the road feel of my previous Honda S-2000 and my BMW Z3. However, it is much larger than those two cars, and heavier; these two items contribute to make for a comfortable ride. So it is a great-looking compromise. MPG is medium-I get about 17.5 around town, but 23 on the highway. The sound system is about average, there is a 6-CD changer. I wish the car had daytime running lights. Since it rides low to the ground, I like to put on the parking lights just "to be seen" and not run over.

Featured Services for this Ford Thunderbird