2010 Ford Transit Connect

2010 Ford Transit Connect

Available in 8 styles:  2010 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van shown

22 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Way too small for construction

by Marty from Lansing, MI | November 30, 2013

I was looking for a quality used truck for work. The cargo area is less than 6' long. no way to get a standard 8' piece of lumber. Even for an everyday consumer would be disappointed if they went to a home improvement store to pick up a small load of lumber.

Great van

by B in CT from Waterford, CT | April 1, 2013

Bought used with 80k miles. All systems go. Twice the mileage of my 2008 E150. I'm averaging about 25mpg mixed driving. Drives like a car. I wish it was a bit more comfortable, I'm 6'3, and have all kinds of head room, but the seat is a bit short on the legs. Came with the cage behind the seats, so I can't recline as much as I'd like to, but this is a minor inconvenience. Much easier and more enjoyable to drive than the E150. Love it so far. Only had a month or so, but love it!

Love it!!

by Bossman from Harrisburg, Pa | February 16, 2013

Bought a used 2010 with 50 thousand miles...absolutely LOVE it!! over double the gas mileage of my truck..great performance and lots of "zip"! Fun little business vehicle and customers like the look!

Great car

by Chuck wagon from Pittsburgh pa | August 25, 2012

This car has outperformed previous ratings posted so I was pleasantly surprised. I have gotten consistently higher gas mileage than posted. It is a little noisy inside and it seems like it needs one more higher gear on the highway so the engine is not running at such high rooms, but outside of those it is great!

Overpriced

by German Dude from Portland, OR | October 20, 2011

This is the only box-car of this kind that is available in the US. These cars are very practical and work great for a small business or quick deliveries. However, this model is way less in Europe because the competition is much larger and Ford is selling the transit connect for too much here in the US... The Honda Element provides the same boxy loading space but provides way more features and a better ride for the same price. I also miss the diesel engine Ford offers in Europe and the rest of the world.

Euro Trash

by Jimbo from Minneapolis, MN | July 8, 2011

This is an awful vehicle. I thought it would be perfect for my job as a courier. Well it can fit a lot of stuff and the gas mileage is good for its size, it has failed to be reliable. It's not even two years old and different things keep breaking and most of them my warranty won't cover. Wipers won't work. Water somehow got in my coils and ruined them, probably because there is a tough atop the engine which the coils sit in. Dumb design. The back door joints are rusting up and are hard to open. I sprayed lube in them but that didn't make it much better. The engine frequently dies on me in the middle of traffic. But alas, I've put 88k of miles on it and I owe too much to get rid of it. I'm screwed- THANKS FORD

just what the doctor ordered

by bakerman from Miami, Fl | May 24, 2011

Needed a vehicle to do bakery deliveries around town and occasionally double as a passenger car. This car has great cargo capacity. The rear seats fold flat against the drivers seat. You only lose 6-8 inches of storage. There is over 5' of vertical clearance. Best feature are the 360 degree opening rear doors. Drives somewhere between a minivan and panel van.

The worst work vehicle I have ever owned

by Dog Walker from San Francisco, CA | February 18, 2011

I bought my FTC new. I have had it for 9 months it is a 2010 and has 5,000 miles on it. I also got the in dash computer. I own a dog business and use this to pick up/drop off dogs from owners' homes. Since I have had the FTC it has been in the shop more times than I can remember. The in dash computer has never worked correctly and the microphone is so bad no one can hear what I am saying over bluetooth so I don't even bother with it anymore. The speakers are horrible and tinny and buzz, even with the radio off but the navigation system is pretty good. It has had to have the brakes and rotors replaced three times and my most recent problem is that it will fall out of gear with no warning or won't go into gear at all. The dealer thought it was the shift cable but after replacing, it was still doing this so now they think it might be electrical. Whatever it is, it is extremely dangerous. I have contacted a Lemon Law Attorney. Do yourself a favor and wait a couple of years before you buy a FTC. Ford has a lot of kinks to work out before this vehicle is safe and reliable.

KEEP IT OVERSEAS

by eddie b. from NEW YORK | November 17, 2010

Let me start out by saying I own 3 OTHER full size Chevy Cargo vans, so this is my 1st Ford Transit. I bought it back in Aug.-09 & I currently have 55K miles on it, all local miles. I am currently on my 3rd set of “dealer” only brake pads ($85.00) & 3rd set of tires. I have had to replace a tail lite bulb & a turn signal bulb. The “tire pressure” lite has been on since mile 3000 & since the tires are all @ the recommended psi we ignore it. The + side is “yes” we do get 23 mpg (city). Keep It Overseas, I will buy the Chevy "full" size vans for the $

Not the best option

by dca from Minneapolis | October 27, 2010

I could have bought a used Odyssey with all the bells and whistles and still fit sheetrock inside. It is underpowered, has few features and a high price. Nothing is secure in the interior. There are no locking compartments. Interior space is roomy but I'm 6'4" and my seat is all the way back and it's rather uncomfortable for me. My knees clear the dash but with little room. I bought it for my handyman business but it seems I've already outgrown it. With sheetrock, tools and supplies, it's very underpowered. It would be great for hauling flowers or for a delivery vehicle with light boxes. The mpg isn't as good as the sticker proposes. I have never gotten 25-30 mpg as the dealer swore but am consistently around 21 mpg which isn't all bad. I have the rear seats which are fold and tumble which takes up some cargo room. They are not seats that can be removed with a simple lever but require a star driver. The latches to hold the seatbacks in place stick out into the cargo area and risk damage to my cargo. The rear seating area isn't getting adequate heating and cooling for my passengers. The motor is underpowered and is thus noisy. These are the drawbacks. On the other hand, it has great storage and the ability to configure the cargo area for maximum use with shelves and available cages. The shape is one that commands a rolling billboard attitude. Still, I'm not happy and am selling it and taking my loss.