2012 Ford Transit Connect

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Bad idea

by Jmay from Burlington , North Carolina | July 22, 2014

80,000 two transmissions and three sets of brakes. Gas mileage is worst I have ever seen in a 4 cylinder. And company's still but these. Why?

Good for my job

by courier guy from Cincinnati | June 13, 2014

I have had this 2013 Transit for seven months.It just turned over 32,000 miles and no problems so far.It gets 27 to 28 mpg everyday.I run it about 185 miles per day seven days a week

8 months old, 30,000 miles, 3 transmissions

by Robert from Chicago Il | April 9, 2014

Ford Transit 2013 Commercial Van 1st- transmission @ 8,000mi 3 weeks in shop 2nd- Return for not searing properly, 3 days in shop 3rd -Transmission @14000mi 2 weeks in the shop 4th -Transmission @ 22,000mi 2 weeks in the shop 5th-Defective throttle Body @ 23,000 4 days in the shop Ford has responded but offers no solution and truck will be out of warranty @ 36,000 Do not buy This vehicle.

A great alternative to a full sized van

by AV Guy from Atlanta, GA | March 31, 2014

We have a 2010 with 47K miles with ZERO issue so far! It gets 20+mpg around town and 25+ on the highway....WAY better than our full sized vans that get 13 around town and 16 on the highway on a good day. Can these replace a full sized van for all circumstances? Absolutely not, however, they do many things better. Features such as sliding doors on both sides, a full 48" wide clear floor area through the back door and a cargo area height that is extremely functional. These all add up to a much better vehicle for service calls and small to medium installs. Larger installs or towing need a full sized van. We have a Nissan NV2500HD Tall van along with our Transit Connect and they are a perfect match. When we replace it, we will consider a new one along with the Nissan NV200.

Most unreliable vehicle I've owned

by Applianceservice from Canada | January 31, 2014

With fuel prices being high we purchased this vehicle for our business to save money on fuel. Coming from a Chev Uplander we thought it would have to be more reliable. We were wrong on that count. In under 2 years it has spent an incredible amount of time at the dealer for service. New rad, power steering pump, A/C condenser, front stabilizer, door hinges, sun visor, coil, engine management computer and then a faulty connector at the computer. Mileage is less than other service vehicles including a Dodge Caravan. It is also less comfortable and more money to purchase. I am very happy I purchased a Toyota for my personal vehicle. Will be looking to dump this van before the warranty is up as we won't be able to afford to run it afterwards. Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

7 times in the shop in one year

by Buyers remorse!!!!! from South Carolina | November 4, 2013

My van is 1 year old with 23,000 miles on it. I've had my transit van in the shop 7 times. Ford has done everything possible NOT to change out the transmission and admit it's bad. We finally had to threaten litigation to get them to change it out. Don't know how this is going to end -- it's in the shop again. The transmissions in these vans are AWFUL!!!!!! Ford won't admit that they're bad. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE BUYING ONE OF THESE TRANSIT VANS!

FORD TRANSIT VAN

by SPARTAN from NEW CUMBERLAND PA | September 24, 2013

I HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1984, AND HAVE RUN FULL SIZE VANS. WE HAVE PURCHASED 3 NEW FTC VANS. ONE HAS 43,000 MILES ON IT, NO PROBLEMS OR DEFECTS YET, A LITTLE UNDERPOWERED, BUT WE HAVE THEM LOADED UP WITH EQUIPMENT, AND STILL GET 24-26 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY. GOOD JOB FORD,AN INEXPENSIVE,UTILITARIAN WORK VEHICLE!

Clownmobile

by The Beaver from | July 26, 2013

I went from a full size gmc van to the "clownmobile" 7 months ago. The idea was to save gas. Gmc 16 mpg clowmobile 23 mpg. As a survey engineer this box on wheels is packed so tight, when I open the side doors stuff falls out. The driver seat is more like a torture seat made for con-men. Going up any hill it down shifts for more power. I think my boss is trying to get me to quit my job for the reason he got this for me. Driving used to be enjoyable..but with the clow

It's been a great little truck

by appliancedud from PA | May 2, 2013

We bought the Transit Connect new in January 2011. It's used as our primary appliance service vehicle and has performed flawlessly. Could it have more power? Absolutely. As for dependability, it's been fantastic. We now have over 67000 miles on it in just two years. In that time, we have replaced brakes once and have recently changed tires. We change the oil every 3000 miles and the only time this truck has seen the garage is when it's in for the annual inspection. The big thing is, folks, it's a compact truck on a Focus-based chassis. It's not an Econoline. It rides like a small car. Don't expect big van v8 performance and storage. That's not what this is. We love it and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

shoebox on wheels

by service technician from Davenport IA | April 27, 2013

this is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever driven!!! The seat is a rock, no give or suspension to it, not enough slide to the rear, and I'm 6 foot tall. No where near enough leg room. Tires are the worst! Have had more flats in two years than I have had in the 25 years of driving, all the various vehicles i have owned included! Cannot carry a simple 6 foot step ladder.HORRIBLE in cross winds!!! Although the driver side slider with rack inside is quite nice, but you can get that on a full size too! As a service Technician I cannot carry everything I need anymore,which customers don't want to hear! So basicly if you are a corporate stooge its a great cheap vehicle and you get what you pay for, not much. but if you have to work out of it , it's horrible