See Also: 1998.5 Ford Windstar

1998.5 Ford Windstar

Available in 5 styles:  2001 Ford Windstar 4dr Wagon shown
$278–$5,386

Overall

Best Car I have ever owned!

by Happy Mom from NC | December 4, 2013

This car & I have travelled 225,000 miles together with only minor repairs. Regular upkeep. Extremely comfortable ride & great dependability. I purchased this van new & am just now in Dec 2013 getting new vehicle. I feel like I am parting company with an old friend. I can truthfully say that I got my money's worth from this automobile.

Fun car to drive ;-)

by leo from Rodeo, California | May 6, 2013

I have taken this car around the eleven western states and absolutely love driving it. NEVER broke down on me. I just drove it all over mountains, valleys and city streets. This is a driving experience that nobody will ever forget as being pleasurable and fun. I even went clear up into the state of Alaska and had no problems.

If regularly maintained it will last for years.

by Ford man from West Michigan area | September 28, 2012

My Windstar is over 14 years old now. I have never had the transmission or engine overhauled or replaced. I was diligent in having regular oil changes, tuneups and having a personal mechanic who was very knowledgeable maintained my van when it started to have some signs of wear and needed replacement parts. It has recently turned over 250,000 miles and the engine still remains steady and reliable. It is showing some areas of rust and paint peeling, but I also live in Michigan with salt on the highways. I would recommend this vehicle to any of my friends without hesitation.

NEVER AGAIN DO I BUY A FORD

by japcars-r-thebest from Orlando Fl | April 24, 2012

Bought the car in March this year with 139,000miles, 1 week and 6 days later it blew a head gasket. Cost about 700-1500 to fix. Never waisting my time buying a ford car again. Lookin' to buy a Toyota, Honda, or Nissan minivan....

Served me Well

by Maria from London, ON | August 2, 2011

I feel this van did pretty good. Some issues but given the fact that it went to the States several times and on many long trips I feel it did well for what we paid. Lasted all the way to 450,000kms. Had it's transmission replaced halfway through and exhaust pipe replaced and patched to stop the smell leaking inside, and problems with the windshield leaking. Gas mileage at the end was horrible but overall I was happy with what I got.

noo good ford sucks

by bad van bad van BAD VAN from chicago il | June 24, 2011

the van was good at first but in 2 months everything went bad -_- so in stead i went to buy anthor car after spending 16k on ths van and i bought a chevy tahoe for 17k

THIS VAN IS HORRIBLE

by TRG from LAKELAND FL. | March 26, 2010

I HAVE OWNED MY VAN FOR 6YRS. IN THOSE 6YRS. I HAD TO PUT MORE MONEY IN THAN WHAT I PAID FOR IT. THE RIDE WAS SMOOTH WHEN I FIRST PURCHASED IT, BUT AFTER AWHILE EVERYTHING WENT WRONG. I HAD THE TRANSMISSION REBUILT LAST YR. THE RIDES WAS REALLY BUMPY, THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT FLASH OFF AND ON, THE DOOR PANELS ARE HORRIBLE, NOW THE ENGINE PUSH ROD, I HAVE DECIDED TO GET RID OF IT, I REFUSE TO PUT ANYMORE MONEY INTO THIS VAN.

GReat Car

by Betty from chicago | September 2, 2009

This was a Good car! We got over 250,000 miles out of it. Replace the transmission at 145,000, and the odometer stop working at 175,499 miles. One problem we have with the windstar was leaks by the windshield, and side windows. Did not maintain the car the way we should have. the engine finally died this spring but served us well.

GREAT MINIVAN

by Only Buy Ford Cars from Madison, WI | February 17, 2009

Although many say that have only one sliding door is annoying, I actually found it nicer. The middle row seat behind the driver had an an accesible cup hold, a cubbing, and heating and ac controls. It was a nice cozy seat close to the window. I also liked the big driver side door, so i prefer the one sliding door to two. Interior is very roomy and has a nice design for 98. Everything about this car is AWESOME. The one complaint is that i live in wisconsin where salt on the road is a real rust problem. the windstar has a "shelf" like thing in front of the back wheel where salt sits, so that part is all rusted out. Besides that a great car. We just yesterday traded it in for a 2006 ford freestyle (we dont like the minivans nowadays) and it was very sad because it was a prefectly good car with no problems. So for a 98 ford made a GREAT family van.

never again

by hotmotherflower from chicago | February 16, 2009

I bought this van at 75000 miles. it got me from point a to b but constantly had problems with the exhaust. i hadf a tune up done and the hoses are too short and needed to be clamped down. Too many problems with the alignment and im tired of putting money into this van. I had better luck with my ford station wagons.

Featured Services for this Ford Windstar