1999 Ford Windstar

$726–$5,710

17 city / 23 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Fun car to drive & very versitile.

by SEL from Conroe, Texas | December 1, 2012

Very dependable; comfortable; A/C will freeze you out. Leather seats, all power; push button rear doors slide, many extras; great for kids & large adults. Navigation/GPS added. Purchased 27 Feb02; color: Chestnut or Ginger Glow (Brown)

ford windstars with 150,000 miles are Trouble!

by monkeybiz from TN | December 12, 2011

they aren't like foreign cars. they have sensor trouble. the transmission starts going out. the sliding doors start sticking. the power steering and rack and pinion can go out. its sad--ive had many of them and enjoyed them for a time. But a 1999 I bought less than a year ago for 2700 with leather seats etc. has needed 2 new batteries 500 dollar+ on check engine lite stuff, a serpentine belt, a power steering pump and pulley, a rack and pinion and trans work. very hard to cope with.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by JoJo from The Northland | June 15, 2011

This is not as bad of a van as most people say it is. I know for a fact that this is one of the most reliable vehicles you can own. My family and I live out in the country, and our driveway is a steep gravel hill. In the winter, this van would rarely get stuck. Both of my sisters drove this car when they were in highschool, and both my parents drove from point A to where ever. A couple of years ago, one of my sisters had an accident with this van. She was perfectly fine, but the airbags did not deploy. Hopefullly this would not happen to any of you drivers, but be aware. Other than that, we beat this car up pretty bad, and it still ran great until that one day.

Ford Windstar LX

by Jim248 from Pontiac,Mi | February 26, 2011

A Good van for any family or first time driver, drives and rides good. Handles pretty good and has lots of space.

worse vehicle anyone can buy.

by x from Largo FL | February 15, 2011

This is the worse vehicle anyone can buy, I onwed a 1999 windstar and everything that can possibly go wrong with a vhicle went wrong with this car, I would strongly recomend NOT to buy this vehicle.

I wish I had listened

by wish i hadn't done that from CT | June 12, 2010

My uncle and brother own this van my uncles is a 2000SE my brothers is 1995xl mine was an 1999SE my brother and my uncle both said "don't buy that thing its gonna be nothing but trouble even though its in good shape now" 2500 miles later and i really wish i had listened. the transmission blew, its cheeper to replace the car than drop out the engine wich is what you have to do to replace or fix the transmission and even if we do that its still not safe to drive.

Pure Junk

by Turning Japanese from Portage Indiana | April 21, 2010

This van has been nothing but trouble since the day we purchased it brand new. Two intake manifold gaskets, cracked brake rotors, constant problems with interior lights, warning lights, radio speakers cutting in and out, transmission rebuilds at 50,000 & 70,000 miles. I've never owned a car this bad. Replacing the Ford original parts with aftermarkets helps somewhat. Try to contact Ford Motor Company, and all you will get is the runaround. Resale value is significantly less than the Toyota and Honda vans I should have purchased. I will not make the Ford mistake again.

Best Van to buy

by Just a housewife from Van Wert, OH | March 25, 2009

We bought our van with 94,000 miles on the transmission, and 12,000 miles on the engine. The engine was replaced by ford at 82,000 miles. The van now has 245,000 miles on it and the transmission is going. But our mechanic said it would only last another three months. That was last year in may. My husband delivers phone books and he'll put a pallet of phone books in this van and it does the job. It handles the load, and keeps on going. I'm very impressed with the windstars and am now on here looking for another one. We've had 2 windstars and my husband puts them to the test with the phone books and they passed over and over. Oh, and we never tune up our vehicles. So very little maintenance was done. I am still driving it. But I will be buying another one very soon. Best van for the money. I recommend a windstar wholeheartedly.

Would never buy again

by Windstar is a lemon from austin TX | January 5, 2009

We bought this new. In the first six years, we had four transmissions installed, but Ford said "Nothing was wrong." The brakes had to be completely replaced three times (and yes we were very good with maintenance). In 2004, the pain started coming off in sheets off of the hood (even though it had been "garage stored". Ford said nothing was wrong. We had it repainted to the tune of $1200. Then, the pain started coming off of the roof in sheets. Again, Ford said there was nothing wrong. The total air conditioner just went out for the second time and the transmission is starting to slip...AGAIN. As of yesterday, the back door was the latest victim of the paint fiasco. Sections of the paint that are at least in 10 inch chunks are bubbling up and falling off.

Served our family well

by Family man from Nashville, TN | July 14, 2008

Purchased it new in mid 2000 and have put over 95k miles on it. Transmission rebuild as expected around 80k miles, but only once left my wife stranded (alternator went out). Overall a very well made and reliable van.

Featured Services for this Ford Windstar