2002 Ford Windstar

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Lots of issues

by Jack from Rhode Island | April 3, 2014

I had this van for 10 years, with lots of issues. Broken axle (later recalled), blown transmission, blown rack and pinion steering system. Beware!

Smooth running mini-vans

by VinP from 02703 | January 18, 2014

Bought my used 2002 at 136K. Now 2 1/2 years later I'm at 160K and have done nothing but minor, routine maintenance. I replaced the Bank 1 valve cover and gasket kit (valve cover, intake plenum, throttle body, etc.) that there was a service bulletin on because they were sucking in some air after many years of high heat. Did transmission fluid and filter, alternator, brakes, drums, rotors, wheel hubs, catalytic converters, and still runs smooth and dependable.

This car is terrific

by Jake from Manheim, Pa. a7545 | November 1, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about the Windstar. I wish they had continued to manufacture them.

Love my Windstar

by vanlover from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL | August 19, 2013

I purchased my 3rd Windstar in 2002 and have 135,000 original miles on the odometer. I love the fact that I sit up higher than a regular sedan and feel safer out on the super highways. It offers a much better area of sight than most other cars. Don't have kids to transport anymore, but this granny loves her mini van.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned!

by Cars Love from North Ridgeville,Ohio | May 14, 2012

This car was purchased by me in 2010. The car is a 1994 Ford Windstar and has 250,000 miles. It has been running amazingly and the only thing I replaced is the tires. Overall Windstars are great!

safest van made

by van lover from Iowa | February 18, 2012

I've had my windstar for 3 years. Its been so reliable and comfortable, I am currently looking for another one because mine got rear ended by an explorer going over 45 mph. My wife, my 3 year old daughter and I were all ok except for some sore muscles, I believe this van saved us and I won't own anything but a windstar.

Windstar - Very Good

by Light Saber from Provo UT | November 8, 2011

I have a Fordwindstar a very huge, comfortable e nice car. Pro - Huge, very huge - comfortable - no major problem Cons - sometime the battery died out - one time the car stopped in the middle of nothing because the sparkling plug come of, luckily I have an insurance for the pick up truck - Is not a Japanese car in gas consume it cost

OK, but.......

by Uncle Len from Chicago, IL | April 28, 2011

Van is OK, but keep up with maintenance. A bit too heavy for good gas mileage, but overall OK After a few quircks, seems at 90K miles, all is settled in and working well. Wish for better mileage, but 15-17 in city is OK, I guess

excellent car

by tasmeister from | April 21, 2010

this has been a great for my family. i am hard on a car and this bad boy has done great. i bought it after 9/11 it was the first american car i ever owned.

Maintenenace Headache

by Windstar Owner from Springfield, VA | March 28, 2010

Steer clear of a used Windstar. If you do the researc you will find that the transmission for this car does not fare well. I had to rebuild mine at 67,000 miles. I am now at 123,000 and I am starting to feel some vibration in the transmission again. I have read online that many Windstar owners have also had trouble with transmission. I am an easy does it driver and have never had trouble like this with any of the other Fords I have owned. You would do better to purchase a used Chrysler or Dodge minivan. If you buy a Windstart, be prepared to spend a lot of money on maintenance

Featured Services for this Ford Windstar