1992 Geo Metro

Information Coming Soon

Overall

A BLAST TO DRIVE

by GEO JOE from ROCHESTER NY | August 14, 2014

BOUGHT 92 CONVERTIBLE JUNE OF 2013. 72000 MILES ON IT. NO JOKE. MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE THE TIMING BELT AT 60K. MINE BROKE AT 75000 GOT LUCKY NO DAMAGE TO ENGINE. THEY ARE INTERFERENCE ENGINES IT LOOKS GOOD NO RUST. STARTING TO BE A CLASSIC

Geo Metro LSi Great Gas Saver

by Gas Saver from GA | June 10, 2012

Great Gas Saver Equal To a hybird average gas millage is 55 MPG. how ever this car is hard to find parts for. the plastic used in the car did not have a UV blocker added to it by the manufactuarer resulting in brittle weak plastic may also be due to lack of heat resistance in the plastic so the molding is very brittle and i can not get replacment parts for thing like the AC vents, stero brackets, door handles, etc

One of the best cars ive ever owned

by GeoMetroEnthusiast from Denver, Co | June 2, 2012

I have owned my 1992 geo metro XFI since new and it has given me 64mpg on the highway and 59 in the city. I have 2 Base models, 1 Lsi convertible and 3 XFi models. These cars has not given me any problems in the past 20 years I have owned them, the instrument clusters for them read over 250,000 kilometers. I have nothing but compliments to say about these cars. These vehicles are a great value and I would definitely recommend these cars.

Fillup at the Pump

by RDLink from Boerne, Texas | October 10, 2011

While others pour in $55 to $200 in at the pump, it's nice to see $26 when I'm done filling up. The look of envy is evident when I drive off and others are still pumping. Gotta love that!

My Metro review

by Nick from Akron Oh | March 5, 2011

This car isn't comfy, fast but very eco friendly. I had one and it got forty two miles to the gallon.

Ugly...But nice!

by Great car! from Spoakane,Wa | March 24, 2009

I have owned this car since late 1991!And that was almost 18 years ago! It makes me feel like I was 72 when I bought it and sometimes young and hip! Very reliable!!There ha not been many probelems with this car!Although squishy and small it is fun to own and I hope it will last!!!

Loved My Geo

by carpeg from | November 14, 2008

The GEO Metro I had felt bigger inside than it looked from the outside. It ran well (a litle slow with pick up going over real mountains. Pretty teeny if two people need to sleep in it, parked in a stormy campground. My Metro always smiled at people. It may have been the friendliest car I ever owned.

just a BLAST to have

by lucky metro convertible owner!!! from Colorado | September 27, 2008

This is your dream highschool car. Actually i have another car (2000 chevy s10 for school) but this car is sooo great. Got it for a good deal and they replaced everything that needed to be. I ALWAYS GET GAS MILEAGE IN THE HIGH 30s-40s!!!! Even with me being 17 years olg 6ft tall and a huge 399pounds it gets that mileage. It is a tight fit because of my fat but i can get in and out. Great handling from this car always. Would recommend this to anyone looking for any car....they should still make these!!

The Best Car EVER!!

by Geo Reviewer from Machesney Park, Illinois | April 13, 2008

I own a 1992 Geo Metro that we have had bought new in '92. It has been the most reliabale car that I have owned, gets great gas mileage, and is very economical! I have always told friends that they need to get a Metro. Once i got the wheels balanced, rotated, and aligned it ran as smooth as the day that i bought it. I was actually able to get up to about 75 on the interstate without even knowing it! Bassicly I think that any Geo comes with something priceless, the gift of Geo ownership.

3-cylinder skateboard

by Used to drive a Renault 5 from Milwaukee, WI | March 23, 2007

It's a hoot to drive, if you're comfortable with the idea of driving a go-kart with a roof and windshield. Gas mileage is great, but it probably helps to be "smaller-framed", as I am. The only thing I want to mention is a warning about the car's EGR valve. I read the Wiki entry on the Metro after I bought mine, which said that the EGR valve can plug up over time, causing engines to overheat. Sure enough, when I had my mechanic check mine, it *was* pretty clogged up. The time it takes to disassemble and clean one isn't a major expense, though. As long as you know about that one Achilles heel, I'd say go ahead and buy one, and happy motoring!

Featured Services for this Geo Metro