1994 Geo Prizm

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Reliable and Fun to drive

by 1st time Car Restorer from Rosemount, MN | May 2, 2014

Bought my 94 Geo Prizm LSi 5 spd manual. Only thing the previous owner replaced was the clutch, battery and alternator. Everything else is Original parts and still pushing strong. Vehicle has 211,4xx and I am loving it. I do get looks due to being 6 ft 1 in and getting inside a tiny car but my prizm is more fun, realiable and comfrontable compared to my 2014 Chevy Cruze 1LT. Best thing about the car that I like, I can sit in the Driver seat and reach all four sides of the car without over stretching or having to get out of the vehicle. Can't tell you how much I am loving this car. Future plans that I have is restoring the vehicle back to its brand new condition

Hated it, then fell in love.

by Bob from Wisconsin | January 23, 2013

I have always driven RWD GM V-8s but when my commute went from four miles to fourty miles I knew I needed to adapt. My sister had a 94 Prizm as her colledge car that she was ready to junk. Instead I took it and after some wrenching and a couple hundred dollars I have had reliable and cheap transportation for three years and going on 210,000 miles. This car has the original exhaust (which is stainless steel)and the only things replaced were the starter, alternater,and battery. While its' not as comfortable or as fast as my Monte Carlo or Caddy it gets 35MPG and never needs attention.

Geo Prizm

by Patty from North Minnesota | August 2, 2012

I had a 1994 Prizm for almost 6 years. When I purchased my car it only had 89,700 miles. Now it has 305,680 miles. So far it has not given up. My Prizm has gone through a lot of abuse. Never coughs nor seizes on cold starts. The heater is PERFECT. Sure it was basic, but hey, the Geo Prizm lasts forever. I would definitely buy another if I was on a small budget.

Great little econobox

by 66Deuce from Elizabeth, CO | September 10, 2010

I'm a career mechanic, and a die-hard Mopar guy. However, when my commute increased to nearly 80 miles per day, It quickly became evident that my RWD V-8 powered vehicles were gonna kill me in fuel. It was painful to conceed what I knew, and that would be the fact that Chrysler's subcompact offering-the Neon-is just not up to par with the rest of their vehicle line, and well short of it's competition as an economy car. Now, the Prizm is just a re-badged Toyota Corolla, with a name that brings a substantially lower price tag. I picked up a 1994 base model 1.6l/5 spd with A/C reading 230,000 miles for $500 and dropped another $200 in mechanical and body parts to make it look and drive decent. It is exactly what was needed, if not wanted. The Prizm, like most cars in this class, is boring in just about every way. Unspectacular styling, mediocre performance, fair ride quality. Where this car scores high marks - very high - is value. The EPA rating of 27 MPG is bogus; I'm a pretty spirited driver, and still average 36 MPG. Both the 1.6 and 1.8 liter toyota engines will go the distance, and the rest of the car holds up pretty well around the rock-solid powertrain. Fun and stylish are not words I'd use to describe the Prizm. However, within it's design parameters, it makes the grade on all points. Few cars on the market can offer the reliability, durability and economy of the Prizm for anywhere near the pricetag.

Excellent Transportation

by Luxury Car Lover from Chicago, IL | December 11, 2009

Bought this Corrolla Twin with 100K on it. It starts and runs excellent with decent handling up to 70+ MPH. I have avaraged 28 to 31 MPG (city, suburban) heavy footed driving. The car does not have ABS, but to my suprise the brakes are very good. This car will definately stay around as work commuter (regular gas). The cars engine is responsive and you can fell the quality build. No shakes, rattles or vibrations. In the 60K that I put on it, I have changed the Starter. Makes an excellent 2nd car.

My Geo

by Geolover from Indiana | September 16, 2009

I have had a 1994 Geo Prizm that had 76K miles on it when I bought it in Oct 1997. It now has 315K miles on it, still gets 36mpg and runs like a top! I love this incredibly reliable car. The only rust is from where I neglected to remove bug guts from lots of driving. I have put mostly highway miles on it, and changed the oil every 4500 miles. Other than a water pump and starter, this car has been perfect! It is a great starter car for a kid who can't afford to buy newer, and is very economical to own and operate.

Awesome Used Commuter Vehicle

by Geo Prizm Lover from Wilsonville, OR | June 21, 2007

I purchased a used 1994 Geo Prizm four door car earlier in the year with 167,000 miles on it, looking for a good commuter car. It's a 5 speed manual. My last tank of gas I got 35.5 MPG with mixed in town and freeway driving. That's awesome gas mileage! It's saving me big time money for gas! This car was built by Toyota on the Toyota Corolla assembly line, and is the Geo/Chevy twin of the Corolla. Even the engine says Toyota on it. The car has exceeded my expectations! My only issue is the room in the back seat for taller people, but I can't complain, it's a small car. I have plenty of room in the driver's seat. The car blows cold AC, shifts great, and drives great! Everything works, except I do have one dash light out. For a 13 year old car, you can't beat the reliability and value for the money. It handles great, and is a very fun car to drive! I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a commuter or student's first car. All I can say is it runs like a Singer sewing machine! If you are looking for a Toyota Corolla, don't pass up the Corolla twin, the Geo Prizm. And it's priced less than a used Honda Civic of same model year, and will perform just as well or better than a Civic.

Featured Services for this Geo Prizm