1995 Geo Prizm

28 city / 34 hwy

Overall

Bought a GEO

by Geoff from Flagstaff, Arizona | July 29, 2011

I bought a 1995 GEO Prizm with 51,980 miles on it. This car was very easy to fix and to run. Sure, it wasn't the fastest car i've owned, but who cares. Now the Prizm has 193,000 miles. I had to replace the blower motor and the spark plugs, other than that, this GEO Prizm sedan has been a joy to have. Even though the EPA rates it at 34 MPG highway, I averaged 39 on a drive to Reno, how weird is that?

Ol' Faithful

by drumonkey from Chicago,IL | March 4, 2010

I recently purchased a 95 Geo Prizm LSi with 178000 miles on it. I paid $1650 and it has a few problems, rear power windows faulty, driver power mirror broken, cracked windshield. The transmission (automatic) is quirky with not much low end power. The positive points of this car is that it starts every time (even in freezing temps) gets great mileage, has a surprisingly roomy trunk for such a small car, handles great with sharp turns and because it's small it's easy to park. The LSi model also has some good options for the price. The cons are as follows: as a 6'5" guy, I find the driver seat cramped and uncomfortable. The cruise control lever jabs my leg every time I turn right. The factory audio system is poor and the controls hard to operate while driving. It's not a sporty car either with slow acceleration (could be due to mileage on my car). The interior is all plastic and everything feels lightweight and cheap, including the doors which have to be shut hard to seat themselves properly. Also, having been driving a car with automatic headlights, it's a pain to remember to turn all the lights on and off. In conclusion, if you're on a strict budget and want a reliable vehicle with good fuel economy, or looking to get your first car, give this model a look. If you're looking for high performance or a roomy, comfortable interior though, look elsewhere.

Amazing Vehicle!!

by Geo Prizm fanatic! from | August 27, 2009

I Bought my 1995 Geo Prizm with 89,000 miles on it. The only thing I have had to replace on this car mechanically is the battery. Outside of that the vehicle currently has 178,000 miles on it. I drive approx. 150 miles a day. ITS A BEAST!!! The ride on the highway is a little loud but outside of that, I love this car. Mine has recently been in an accident and the front of the vehicle was claimed to be "totalled" but the vehicle still runs and drives... I find that to be awesome!

The Mighty Geo

by Love My Geo from Chicago, IL | March 5, 2009

I have a 1995 Geo Prizm Lsi. I bought it new. It just hit 200,000 miles and except for expected maintenace (brakes, tires, alternator, belts) has been a great, trusty car. I wish they still made these because I would buy another as my next car as well. Great gas mileage. And not a theft risk :) Going for 300,000 miles!

It is most reliable car I have owned .

by It is American Toyota ! from MA | January 29, 2009

I had it for over five years ,Just fill the tank ,change the oil ,and you are good to go ,it is reliable car .

300,000 miles and going strong

by Prizm faithful from Wauwatosa, WI | December 3, 2008

Bought the car brand new and will turn 300,000 miles by the end of the month. Extremely reliable car. Have done no major repairs in the 14 years that I have owned it. Still runs like the first day I bought it.

Reliable Beast!

by Angie from N. Potomac, Maryland | April 2, 2008

It's not a beautiful car and the ride is not something to toot your horn about but this car gets great gas mileage, rarely needs work and goes on and on and on. I have about 207,000 miles on this baby now and I plan to drive it until it won't go any more. My dad's advice to me when I got my first car many years ago was that regular oil changes will keep any car on the road and that is particularly true for this one. I love not having any car payments except for the $500 tune up I pay once a year.

Featured Services for this Geo Prizm