2007 GMC Acadia

Available in 6 styles:  2007 GMC Acadia FWD shown

Overall

Great for busy moms

by Mom of 2 from Grayslake, IL | December 14, 2012

I bought the Acadia mostly for the 3rd row. Mine is loaded and i LOVE IT!! Second row captains chairs are super convenient, third row folds up and down easily.. Perfect size for families of all sizes.

Disappointing Reliability

by Love Trucks from | November 2, 2012

We bought this vehicle because of the extra space and the gas mileage compared to other similar sized vehicles. Overall, it is a good vehicle for transporting a family and kids and has good gas mileage on the highway. The disappointment comes in the relaibility. We bought it with about 50,000 miles. Shortly after we bought it, the alternator went out and had to be replaced. After that was replaced, the belt began to slip when driving in heavy rain. This is apparently a known problem because there is a kit that can be added to address it, but it costs $310 to resolve their design deficiency. We have now had it about a year and a half and recently the transmission stopped shifting. When checking into it, there is a common problem with a plate in the transmission that requires an entire rebuild. Even though it is a known problem, they have not come out with an improved plate so it is likely to happen again in another 75,000 miles from what I was told. At the same time they had to replace the water pump for a leak and the automatic seat stopped moving in one direction. I am no longer comfortable taking this on long trips because I do not what will be the problem next.

Don't make the same mistake

by GMC Acadia from Niagara Falls, NY | September 27, 2012

We were tired of the nickel and dime repairs of our older vehicle so we purchased this vehicle with the thought that we would not have any minor problems for 5-8 years with the little driving we do. 53,000 miles later, we are having our transmission rebuilt. The threads all over the internet on the this problem alone should scare people off from purchasing an Acadia. Couple that with GM's negligence of not standing behind their product and it has become a losing situation for us.

should have chosen a tahoe

by carlover12345 from San Antonio, Texas | September 21, 2012

So i got this 2007 GMC Acadia about 2 weeks ago and i already have had to get it fixed twice!!! I wanted an Acadia rather than a tahoe because it gets alot better gas milage. I thought that I would save money, but with all the repairs I will have in the future, I will spend A LOT more money than i had expected. Even though the Tahoe has not as good gas milage, the reliability would have been MUCH better and the car would have been bigger so I could carry more luggage and work stuff in my car even with my wife and three kids.

Frustrated

by PT from Peru, IL | June 28, 2012

I love everything about the 2007 Acadia other than the fact that we have never had so many problems with a vehicle transmission ever. It has been pulled twice and worked on three times. Third time's the charm? We also have an electrical problem where the window and the heated seat wouldn't work. It took the dealership a while to uh.. listen and get the actual problem fixed.

2007 Acadia

by Royal customer from Springfield, MO | April 14, 2012

Love the transaction with the lot. My Acadia has everything the wife was wanting and everything I desired in our next vehicle.

Acadia is an SUV that rides like a luxery car

by loves to shop from BayShore, NY | May 13, 2011

I recently purchased a GMC Acadia. I was not set on this car but was leaning towards another suv, and tried quite a few differnt types of suv's and cars. The Acadia sold itself once i sat inside and the minute i drove it i was sold again!!!! I love the ride of the Acadia it handles as if you were driving a car. The interterior is spacious and very comfortable. For anyone looking for an SUV i would reccomend the Acadia. The gas mileage is not so bad either, if you are used to filling up and SUV it is the same. The gas does seem to go a little further.

Most Versatile Car I've Owned

by Nominivanforme from Augusta, GA | May 6, 2011

Let me just start by saying I love this car! We must have looked at every family sized car by every make before deciding on this and I have no regrets! A full size suv with a midsize gas rating! I love the way the second row captains chairs collapse to allow room for me to actually get to the third row to strap in a carseat. The pass through between the seats is great for my older kids...and saves on having to collapse the second row for entry and exit. Its the only thrid row three adults are actually comfortable in that Ive found. Its a very comfortable ride (roadwise), except on long trips I wish the driver seat was more comfortable (our 2007 have manual lumbar support). Our 2007 was very reasonable $$ for others comparable in its class ( up to $6000 less). If the dealer didnt tell me this was a v6 I would have thought it had a v8. Lots of get up and go! Highly recommend for a family.

gmc

by hotrod from orlando, florida | March 9, 2011

Great and beautiful vehicle. Very comfortable leather seats. Rides like a cadillac and has a great navagation built in radio.

very unhappy

by sad acadia owner from Nebraska | February 7, 2011

We went from a Tahoe to the Acadia and very much regret it. Usable space is same but feels so much smaller. The warning lights go off constently when nothing is wrong. Called on star and they saw nothing wrong. Had a problem a couple of weeks ago where the car was shaking uncontrollably once we go over 50 mph. On star didn't see a problem and it stopped the next day before whe got it to a shop and they saw nothing wrong. They said something could have been stuck underneath that threw the wheels out of balance, but the shaking was so bad that we could hardly steer, so I think there was more to it. About a week after the shaking incident, the accelorator stuck. I was just in a parking lot, so it wasn't a big deal, but it was scarry. I can't wait to trade this car! We will go back to the Tahoe in a second!