2008 GMC Acadia

16 city / 22–24 hwy

Overall

ACADIA VS ENCLAVE

by CALLAWAY1986 from MISSISSPPI | February 15, 2014

OK GANG! THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF ALL YOU GUYS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT A USED VEHICLE! BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!! IF CANT AFFORD FOR SOMTHING TOO GO WRONG BUYA WARRANTY. IF YOU COULD NOT AFFORD THE WARRNTY U CANT COMPLAIN! I DONT CARE HOW MANY PROBLEMS A VEHICLE HAS. WE BOUGHT A ACADIA SLT2 LOADED WITH 89K LOADED, OVER A ENCLAVE BECUASE OUR LIFESTYLE IS MIDDLE AGE MIDDLE INCOME. ENCLAVE GAVE A RICH ELEGANT APPEARENCE THAT APPEARED FOR OLDER GENDER. A $100 DEDUCTABLE SHUTS UP YOU CADDILAC PEOPLE WITH FORD MONEY. YOU PAY TO PLAY. IF SOMTHING GOES WRONG USE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. ANYTHING MAN MADE WILL HAVE ISSUES. MY WIFE LOVES HER ACADIA N SHE HAS A PEACE OF MIND. SO BUY A PEACE OF MIND WITH THIS VEHICLE. KEEPING IT REAL!!!!! NO FAKE WANNA BEEZ.... GO AUBURN!!!!

Good Car.

by Buddy from near Houston, Texas | January 16, 2014

Good value for the money. 7 Seats, easy fold down and up rear seats. Captain chairs in back very comfortable, love the power tail gate. Gas mileage could be better.

Do Not Purchase a GMC Acadia

by Van from Atlanta, GA | January 14, 2014

I admired & loved this car for a long time before I purchased my 2008 Acadia. I did purchase a used model & have owned it for 3 years. It was a certified used vehicle from GM. The car has everything I wanted in a vehicle. It is very comfortable on trips and a great family vehicle. The major downfall is, there are so many things going wrong with this vehicle I can not count. In the summer the auto door locks do not work. I am not sure if it is the heat but in the winter they work fine. The DVD player works about 30% of the time. The navigation works about 50% of the time. I have had the transmission worked on 4 times. I recently had a major engine repair that GM is aware of but since it is not a safety issue they will not do a recall. Many other small things have gone wrong with this vehicle. A WORD TO THE WISE, STAY AWAY FROM THE GMC ACADIA!

My magic carpet ride

by mom on the run from American Fork, Utah | March 26, 2013

I looked and saved up for my Acadia for over a year. I reviewed and compared it to everything! I love my bucket seats, which are easy for kids to get to the third row with out having to flip the seat forward. so nice! I love the leather and heated seats! It would have been cool if my second sun roof opened as well but my ids still love that they have a moon roof too. I don't love the sunroof covers. i wish they were more solid and not a flimsy fabric. memory seats are great and i love the electronic back hatch. back up assistant is great as well especially with children! Some times my DVD player doesn't read my disc and I have to try several times for it to read it. :/ I LOVE whatever its called that shoots my speed up on the windshield! that is a lifesaver! over all i love my car and would recommend it to any mom!

SUV v Acadia

by Cars from New Jersey | December 26, 2011

I have had SUV's for years and made the switch to the cross-over. The Acadia has an appealing exterior with an even more impressive interior. We got the SLT-2 AWD with Titanium leather. This vehicle has more than enough room inside and is just a joy to drive. The tow rating is sturdy enough to handle all of my trailering needs. It is truly a luxurious vehicle, the engineers though of almost everything for driver and passenger comfort.

Loving it!

by Blessed and highly favored from | December 22, 2011

Enjoying my car, even the kids like it. The car is good on gas mileage. loving the remote start, heated seats, captain's seats and driver's information center.

Not bad but not great

by RichH from | October 17, 2011

We bought our 2008 SLT used with 41,000 miles about 2 month ago. It looked great and it handled pretty well on the road. The performance is good too. I am impressed by the handling and how easy it is to park for such a big car. It has just about everything you would want on it electronically and otherwise except for Navigation which we can buy later if we want to. It’s comfortable with lots of room in the back and with a 5’11” kid we need the back seat room. My big gripe is that after 1 week we had to take it into the dealership to have a new water pump put on it. Who replaces a water pump after only 41,000 miles? The starter is a bit quirky so we are wondering if it will go out next. I am glad I bought an extended warranty for this car. The gas mileage is poor compared to what I expected. I wasn’t expecting it get great mileage but EPA rates it 24 / 16 and that is acceptable. But we only get about 20 -21 on the highway with a tailwind and my wife who is a slow and careful driver only gets about 15.5 mpg in around where we live. It would be a better value for the money if got at least what the EPA said it would get and not have the uncertainty we have on its reliability. I hesitate to recommend this year mode to a friend right now because of that. I might later but right now I wouldn’t say flat no but be aware of the potential faults of this car and be aware if you consider gas mileage a factor.

Too bad ours had so many mechanical problems

by Robbie from Denver | August 26, 2011

We fell lin love with our Acadia when we first bought it. The interior space was amazing. It was easy to drive & to park. Then the nightmare began. Since it was an AWD, when I got a wire in my tire that wouldn't be repaired, we had to buy 4 tires. You can't just change the one that's damaged. Then the power steering pump went out. After that, the steering column had to be replaced. The final straw is when the vehicle stranded us @65 miles from home as it was stuck in 6th gear. We were able to limp it home, but that was it. The transmission had to be replaced. We were wondering what would be next & when it would happen. We traded our Acadia in and bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee. May not have the room that the Acadia had, but it has more features, get up & go & hopefully won't fall apart like the Acadia.

Everything but the kitchen sink...

by Casper from Boston, MA | May 17, 2011

I recently bought a used Acadia with low miles (year 2008), I was immediately impressed with the features equipped and the interior space. I have 2 kids and I'm an avid outdoorsman so wanted something that fit both lifestyles. So far I'm very happy with this vehicle - we've had a few road trips and there's ample space for a family of 4 with luggage. Very comfortable and the added features make it fun to drive. My only concern is the pick up - it has some moxie but you really need to step on it for the engine to react - once it responds it doesn't dissappoint.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by 2008 Acadia from Round Lake, IL | March 15, 2011

I love my 2008 Acadia. It's very comfortable, nice interior and exterior looks great! Acadia is perfect for a big family, my three kids love it. As a young mom, I don't like vans, but with a three kids I really need a big car, my Acadia is just perfect. I love it!!!

Featured Services for this GMC Acadia