2009 GMC Acadia

2009 GMC Acadia
Available in 6 styles:  2009 GMC Acadia FWD shown

Overall

2009 Acadia - fabulous SUV!

by Tesla owner from Colorado | October 27, 2013

I got t-boned in an accident in my 2009 Acadia and the policeman that worked the accident said that the 2009 Acadia saved my life --- it did not roll over like most SUVs would have!!!

Will never buy GM car again!

by Busy Mom of 5 from Upstate NY | July 24, 2013

I've had my Acadia for 4 yrs., and while I like the roominess and styling of the car, mechanically it is a disappointment. The first month I had the car, my coils went out, which needed replacing. Eventually, they all needed to be replaced. The check engine light is always on. No sooner will it get fixed, and sometimes later in the day it's back on. It's not a glitch, either. It is in the shop as I write for a timing chain, which thankfully was covered under the warranty. Otherwise it's an expensive job. It will take a couple of days to get fixed, so need a loaner car. I cannot wait to get rid of it and get a more reliable vehicle.

cool

by tad from ft payne,al | April 22, 2013

this cool cat russell sconyers was on his game he had an answer for everything and could back it up with data i will buy the rest of my cars from him

A Tank

by Taxi Mom from Erie, PA | July 26, 2012

Within 2 years, around 38,000 miles I had to get new tires. Do not like and would not recommend the Goodyear tires to anyone. Also had to replace a bad shock that same time. My Acadia is currently in the shop, for 2 weeks now, to replace the rack and pin and repair the transmission! Just hit 51,000 miles and it was chugging and the RPM's were jumping to 5000 even though I was only going 60mph. Bought it brand new in 2009 so it isn't even paid off yet, have 2 1/2 yrs to go. Yeah I did rack on the miles! I have a family and they are in sports and we do a lot of traveling with it because of the comfort and better gas mileage then my husbands GMC Sierra. But I should feel confident in the performance of my vehicle and unfortunately I can't say that about my Acadia anymore. The dealership is taking care of the issues under warranty and have given me another vehicle to use. My dealership has always been good to me and taken care of any problems I have had which is greatly appreciated. I learned a lesson that new cars on the market aren't the way to go. Wait til they are on the market for a few years so that all the problems or poor design issues can be dicovered and fixed! I guess some of the 2008-2010 models once they reached 50,000 miles, had to have transmissions repaired or replaced. I just happened to be one of the "lucky" ones:(

love the car, great family vehicle

by Gilleye from Marquette MI | June 5, 2012

solid!!!!! nice ride. feels like you are driving a smooth Tank, if that makes any sence. really like the car blind spots and not so good on gas

Love this car!

by mom car lover from Moore, OK | April 16, 2012

I am so happy with my choice. I love the automatic trunk, the space, the seats. The ony thing is that I wish it had more room in the middle console to store stuff but that's not a big thing at all. I also love the amount of cup holders.

2009 purchase 20468 mmiles

by col. from | February 2, 2012

I haven't had a GM vehicle in some time, but this vehicle reminds me of the rattles that I have experianced in my prior GM cars.

An ok car.

by GMC from Canton, IL | January 27, 2012

We bought this car used in 2010. I loved the looks. Some bad things about the car is that it has no 3rd seat leg room and 3rd seat is hard. Also had many problems and had to get them fixed.

First American car I purchased

by Possible Import convert. from Philaldelphia, PA | November 8, 2011

I thought, that I should go and purchase my first American ever, I am 52 years old and have always owned imports. I own a small business and I thought time to see if the US car makers can match the imports and help our country back to prosperity. the GMC Acadia caught my eye, the size and styling I really liked. The car overall is teriffic. The handling and comfort for an American car is better than what I expected. The only issue is check engine light and smoothness of the engine. It has come one twice. And once the vehicle would not go faster than 35 MPH. The warning light in the gauge said reduced engine speed check engine. Well the dealer cleared the codes and found no cause for the complete engine failure. The engine had 9 failures but all checked out ok. The No Problem Found has me worried, that if my wife and daughter are driving the car and this happens again it could be a serious issue. The car has been running fine, but in the back of my mind what casued the failures and will happen again. The delaer said it might in about 6 months, these things happen. Well never happened on any import I ever owned, I was never stranded. so the jury is out on my first American Car. I thi. ng this car is great, GM just needs to tight up the reliablity

Rugged Luxury

by Acadia Lover from Orlando | August 24, 2011

This vehicle is perfect in every way. I've deemed the Acadia the rugged luxury vehicle, perfect for entertaining executives, families, friends and also perfect for the mountains. The only thing is sometimes the pick up lags for just a second before it kicks in. I love, love, love this vehicle. If I had the money, I would buy one for every person in my family! Enjoy your Acadia!