2011 GMC Acadia

Available in 10 styles:  2011 GMC Acadia FWD shown

Overall

Nightmare

by Ben from Montreal, Canada | August 18, 2014

From all the cars i had, this is by far the worst i ever owned. Battery replaced, starter replaced, rack and pinion replaced, power steering replaced, evaporator replaced, rear shock absorber replaced and to top it all, engine replaced (under GMC warranty) Need i say more Wish you the best of luck for all of you owner's of a GMC Acadia

Disapointed

by Mich from Utah | July 30, 2014

I purchased the GMC 2011 2WD Acadia a year old. For paying $30,000 for a US made vehicle I was disappointed. It looks fancy and it has passing power. But it spins it's wheels because it's too much for the vehicle. In three years we had it in the shop several times and never did figure out all the problems. It got a leak in the coolant tube and holding tank, studdering brakes in reverse, and studdering fuel. We took it in and had a flush which helped but then when we got home from that I got the fifth recall in the mail. That was it had enough. We did enjoy the size and the ease when it wasn't struggling. Not fuel efficient. It was ranked #2 behind the Oldsmobile when we decided to purchase it. There are a lot on the road. Good luck.

fits the bill

by goforit from Yuma, AZ | February 27, 2014

We recently purchased a GMC Acadia SLT. It has low mileage and is in showroom condition. We found the vehicle in Los Angeles and drove it home to Arizona. We have no regrets about purchasing this vehicle, meeting or exceeding our expectations. It handled well and has plenty of power. Fuel economy was a little low, but then again, we had a 5000 ft mountain range to cross. It is comfortable, stylish and has a solid feel. Lots of gadgets. I will admit you have to find your comfort level with the lumbar support. Backup camera screen is large and works well. Compared to the car we had before-and it was a top-drawer model- there is no comparison. To each his own....

Answer to the minivan

by CFA from PA | December 17, 2013

Have three kids so needed the captain chairs. Plenty of room for a big family without having to go the minivan route. Only complaint is that I was hoping for it to be great in the snow and it was just average. Perhaps the salesman got it in my head. Overall great car for the money and I plan to have it for many years.

Glorified Minivan

by CP from Hudson WI | August 24, 2013

Refuse to drive a minivan like me but also don't want a full sized SUV? This is the vehicle for you. It rides like a dream,, the engine is very powerful and does very well in in all weather conditions with AWD and is extremely quiet. We drove the Traverse, Acadia and Enclave, all are based on the same chasis/platform. The Traverse had the most pronounced road noise, followed by the Acadia and most quiet was the Enclave. My wife lobbied for the Enclave because of how unbelievably quiet it was and I admit it was awesome but I also still have the "Buicks are for old people complex" and am not quite ready for one at age 32. We have a 2011 SLT with AWD and drove it through a couple hard MN winters and it kicks ars In the snow. If you are considering a full sized SUV and thinking this vehicle is the way to go because it gets better gas mileage, that is not really so. My wife works in downtown and likes driving this much better when she's going into the office vs. our full sized SUV because it's easier to park in the ramp. "Regular" things I used to do myself on our older vehicles like change the head lights or change the air filter, forget about it, they've made this vehicle virtually impossible to maintain on your own without an arsenal of specialty tools. You need to remove the TIRES to get at the headlights. And the air filter, you'll need a 12" long screwdriver to get at the fasteners against the firewall. Those are the 2 things I tried to do by myself so I imagine changing the oil could be like trying to change out lenses on the Hubble Telescope. . I must be wrong, I thought the purpose of Engineering was to simplify and make things more efficient, not more complicated and more costly but that seems to be the way the auto industry is going in the interest of achieving their cosmetic design goals. If/when you buy an Acadia and if you have more than 2 kids, do not compromise on the quad seats, the accessibility to the 3rd row is invaluable. GMC (smartly) took a popular interior layout of a minivan and sculpted an "SUV" around it. If you detest minivans, and want a good crossover, I highly recommend this vehicle. We bought this was 30k miles on it and now have 60k miles with no major issues.

Plaza Buick GMC Omaha Nebraska review

by Luvi from Arizona | August 11, 2013

Okay deal, but all was not disclosed on e-mails, details were left out such as dent on roof rack and crack on driver side rear view mirror. Small things that make a big difference for a buyer.

Awesome ride

by Keviel from san antonio, TX | August 9, 2013

This is an excellent SUV, smooth ride, enough room for the family and very comfortable. I recommend using full synthetic oil this has increased my MPG drastically. The only thing I dont like is in that certain part of day when the sun hits the crome finishes on the inside it just hits your eyes and it gets a little annoying. Other than that my family loves it.

Super crossover SUV

by Liz from Nc | February 27, 2013

I love the size of this car. Much more fun to drive than a big SUV. Love the backup camera and auto lift gate.

All the toys and comfort too.

by Boomer Guy from Wisconsin | November 26, 2012

Just bought a used 2011 Acadia Denali and I love the car. Comfortable, lots of options, and it handles well. A little sluggish but then I traded it for a BMW 325 so it's definitely not a sports car. But it has lots of room and good towing capacity, looks great, and is very comfortable to drive. Could get a little better mileage but I guess averaging around 20 mpg isn't too bad for an SUV.

Uses car for Towing

Bells & Whistles

by Smaller woman from Beaumont, TX | September 2, 2012

I've had my 2011 Acadia for about 2 mths now. Its a beautiful car with great features that rides really well. My complaints are with the comfort of the driver. I am 5'3 and I find the car to be geared to a bigger person. The headrest drives me crazy as it slightly pushes my head forward. I am not big enough to use both armrests at the same time. I either scoot to one side and use one or the other. My husband, who is bigger, has no complaints with it though and thinks its super comfortable. My steering wheel also has some squeekiness to it and the radio/computer/navigation system also whines some. The navigation system is wonderful and works fantastic and quick.