2014 GMC Acadia

Starting MSRP

Overall

My first and LAST GMC!

by Giving up on GMC from Ohio | August 5, 2014

I have a 2014 Acadia Denali that has had several issues: 1) not long after purchase in February 2014, the rear AC adapter stopped working and needed replaced. 2) my fuel gauge was inconsistent and I went from having 1/4 tank to "low fuel" warning a few times. I had it replaced. It happened again. I am chalking this up to estimated MPG since it constantly recalculates how many miles to empty based upon how you're driving. It's really scary and I have learned not to let it get under 1/4 tank. It's just not worth the anxiety. 3) at the one year mark, a horrendous squeaking began emanating from my driver side windshield/pillar area. It sounded like a hundred pairs of sneakers on a basketball court! They peeled everything back and finally removed the windshield where they found a leftover plastic positional tab from the factory. Apparently, these are used to guide the robot arm into the right position to deposit the windshield. 4) off and on Intellilink problems. It doesn't recognize commands, it garbles it's responses, it seizes up. Radio won't work. Seems to reboot after the ignition is turned off and restarted. Rather inconvenient when you're driving down the highway with no plan to stop until you reach your destination. 5) AC evap core is now being replaced. In early July, I heard a loud bang and noxious odor was emitted into the interior and AC wasn't getting as cold. Idiot mechanic simply recharges the freon. A month later and no AC on a 90 degree day. 6) two recall notices, or has it been three. I'm losing count. This will be the first and last GMC I will EVER own! Are you listening GMC? I am going back to Acura and will forgo the roomier interior of the Acadia for the reliability and quality of the MDX. My warranty is up in 18 months and this vehicle will be gone. I am not willing to take the chance with expensive repairs that will most assuredly crop up. I paid $50K for what I thought was a luxury vehicle. Apparently, GMC has no idea what that word means. They certainly don't know what quality means.

Disappointed

by Easter from MD | August 3, 2014

I compared the Acadia Denali with the Ford Explorer – I was very disappointed at some of the standard features on the Fords, Nissans, Hyundai etc were not on this car. Like, automatic sun roof covers, automatic seat folding on the 2nd and 3rd rows, ambient lighting, and the more modern aesthetic look of the central control panel or the driver consol. Let’s not forget to mention that the entertainment package for the kids has not even caught up to Blue Ray its just a regular DVD and that is not the only disappointing part of the entertainment system, you can not listen to a CD if the kids are watching a DVD. Thus, I was so hoping that the 2015 would have corrected this ! I was very disappointed that they didn’t, so I don’t understand why this car has the price tag that it does

must have

by Samual in delray from Delray beach | July 29, 2014

Just traded in my old lease kia and got a new Acadia . It drives like a car and looks like more than your average SUV . Love the interior and design , with the touchtone screen to navigate you through the sound system .

Most Comfortable Performance and Reliable I've Own

by my girl from Fairfax,Virginia | June 20, 2014

its the most comfortable ride,a good driving performance,have a nice and quit ride mostly when you are driving far.

Good vehicle with some concerns

by Family O Five from Las Cruces, NM | May 29, 2014

Bought over the internet at a great price with low miles. shipping to my location was minimal not really a problem. Have only had vehicle for less than 3 weeks it handle great like a truck and is very comfortable with many extra ammenities. The room inside is excellent that allows for several small children to become very comfortable. How ever after taking it to local automated carwash water was leaking in from behind glove box and now the back up camera will only work intermittently. Dealer said it was all covered under warranty so no worries there just have to be without vehicle for a while - inconvenient. Only other qualm is that the gas mileage is not even close as what was stated on EPA mileage have driven 50/50 highway and city only averaging 18 mpg.

Minivan convenience in an SUV

by Mom of 3 from Atlanta, GA | May 15, 2014

This is my second Acadia. I traded in my 2009 model for the 2014 and I love the improvements. While I loved my first Acadia it was time for an upgrade. The 2014 Acadia has a much smoother ride than my older version. I also love the new front grill on the 2014. I have 3 kids (all in car seats or boosters still) and this car works perfectly for us. My older 2 in boosters in the 3rd row and the baby in the carseat in the 2nd row. This leaves 1 empty captain seat in the 2nd row for an extra adult and there is still room for a small adult in the 3rd row between the 2 booster seats. Storage space behind the 3rd row is large enough for my huge stroller. If I need extra room I simply move one of the older kids to the 2nd row and fold down the 60 or 40 percent of the 3rd row seat. Folding down the 2nd and 3rd rows provide a large flat area to haul things. I have never been interested in a minivan and many of the other SUVS are too large for me. I test drove many of them (Tahoe, Expedition, etc). While I loved them I realized the gas mileage was terrible, I had a difficult time parking them and in the end they really didn't have anymore space behind the 3rd row than the Acadia. I plan to drive this SUV for around 3 years before I upgrade again (don't like to be out of warranty). I would gladly buy a new Acadia at that point.

As nice as Cadilac, less price

by Love Comfort from Missouri | April 22, 2014

The Acadia Denali is expensive but less than a CadilacI feel like I'm driving a top of the line luxury car. I have all the amenities. The ride is quiet and comfortable and it handles like a dream. Plenty of room for two boys and all the stuff I need to haul plus the style of a luxury automobile for me.

great for families & travel

by j from Huntsville, AL | December 29, 2013

love the comfort even in backseat-plenty of leg & head room for adults and still room for luggage or groceries in back. lift gate is great shelter when loading in the rain.

Most pleasurable car I have ever owned

by drag racing fan from Vancouver, Washington near Portland Oregon | December 27, 2013

lots of room for a tall guy (6'4" 260 lbs.) Seats are comfortable, Room behind the 3rd seat for all groceries when shopping. 2nd row is easy to fold down if the extra room is needed. Quite ride compared to the Nissan we had. Phone and radio work great and easy for a old guy to figure out. Just read the manual when you need directions if you don't have a grandchild to help. Love the car!!!!!!

Lov it

by AK from MICH | December 19, 2013

Purchased this as replacement for my 2003 4x4 SUV (37,000miles!!). Purchase made more sense than lease. Gave SUV to family. Acadia is 10" longer and feels way larger. AWD in winter snow is awsome- only way it could be better if all 4 tires were snow tires. Rear seat folding process is pretty convoluted-don't slide very easily and are NOT as well appointed as my 2010 competitor's minivan Minor glitch @ 150 miles- needed "software update" (and a service call) to fix intermittent "Service AWD" message on dash. Also Dealers do not torque lug nuts to spec @ predelivery- as per Factory direction. I had to tell him to do it cause they were low. Hopefully this will be as trouble free as my "classic" SUV