2005 GMC Canyon

2005 GMC Canyon

Available in 24 styles:  2005 GMC Canyon 4x2 Regular Cab 6' box 111.3" WB shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

friendly, reliable, beautiful looking, 4 wh dr.

by small pick-up truck from Brainerd, Mn. | September 6, 2013

I really love it nice in and out. looks like a new one well taken care of. Roll-up turneau cover on the box. I really like that. looked for over a month, finally found one.... Just right for me

awesome truck

by texas guy from | July 22, 2012

nice truck alot of room good gas millage love my truck nice options motor is real good really nice truck

Great Used Truck

by butch from overland park kansas | June 18, 2012

I bought the above truck, a one owner with 79000 miles. I have driven it for over 2 months and am getting 29 mpg in the city. It looks great and I have had a lot of comments about how it looks. I really like the cool feature of the sun roof automatically closing when you trun off the engine. It handles great and I am impressed by the pick up and go it has,

good ride

by The bodyman from kentucky | January 27, 2012

had this ride since 2006- drove 6 yrs and only had to do routine service- and a 129.00 fuel sensor. just did the brakes at 90k. good gas mileage, still the same battery, a little snug for me on long trips- i'm 6'2' 200lb. Great engine and really smooth trans and 4whl drive...nice stereo and great hanfdling on the highway.

great ride and mileage

by MN canyon from MN | March 12, 2011

Bought mine used in early 2010, one year in now and glad I did. I have the 4WD club cab and the 4WD was great to have this winter, shifts into smoothly and handled the snow effortlessly. With gas prices going up the 5 cyl is also nice on the wallet. I pull a simple 16 ft boat in the summer and it handles that well also. ZERO mechanical issues, even for a used. Routine maint is all I have invested.

Dissapointing

by CaryG from Auburn Hills Michigan | January 2, 2010

Purchased this truck with 26k miles. Once it hit 40k miles engine light keeps coming on. found our it was the gas cap and oxygen sensors. Runs rough. Should not have these problems with 75K on truck. Inline 5 does not work. Heard it from dealers everywhere. Trade is horrible.

Best small truck I ever owned

by JT from Stamford Ct | January 20, 2009

Bought this truck new in 2005,loved the look. I really didn't need a new truck, but couldn't pass up the price. It's a Sle reg cab 4wheel drive 5 cyl, it does everthing i want it to do, nice ride, light plowing, plus i get 27 mpg on trips. I'm very happy with vehicle.

Most troubled truck

by aircraft enthusiast from fresno, ca | December 28, 2007

I have owned several GMC trucks and this one has had the most trouble the day I drove it off the lot. Good power and handling but with a cost of engine troubles.Every owner I have spoken with has had the same reaction. Major engine trouble just out of factory waranty. With severe engine noise after repairs.

trash for cash

by construction worker from California, Corona | December 22, 2007

worst truck I have ever owned.I am done with GM.Gutless always going to the dealership to solve many issue's.

Have Owned 3 GM Pick-Ups...

by Love Mid Sized PickUps! from Washington, DC | November 10, 2007

I have owned three GM mid-sized trucks. My old S-10 models were amazing! I traded in my 2002 S-10 for a 2005 Canyon, and was excited about the redesign. I have had numerous problems with my truck. Read the service bulletins BEFORE buying. The Canyon has among the most bulletins (103 for the 05’ models). I have had my transmission slip, my a/c and defrost blower went out, the car hard shifts between 1st and 2nd (very common complaint), I have had to replace my speakers, the tailgate is difficult to open, the truck idles terribly, and to top the cake my engine light just came on! My truck is not quite three years old! I have performed all applicable service on it. I am tired of taking it to the dealership. All of the problems I have had are all listed service bulletins. Always complete research before buying a car! I want my old S-10 back!!!

Featured Services for this GMC Canyon