2006 GMC Canyon

Available in 26 styles:  2006 GMC Canyon 4x2 Regular Cab 6' box 111.3" WB shown

Overall

TRUSTWORTHY

by Another Alberta Canyon lover from Alberta. Canada | April 20, 2013

I bought my used Canyon 3 years ago for a great price, many thousands less than a foreign make, and I have a truck that is just as good or better. The 3.5l is so much fun to drive, incredible response, great power, and good fuel economy. Iridium spark plugs and synthetic oil really improve engine performance and economy. 220,000 km and does not use a drop of oil. Transmission is flawless, crisp,yet smooth shifts, and always at the perfect r.p.m. Handling is good for a truck, very little body roll in corners, and very accurate feel to the steering. Brakes stop the truck quickly with no sign of fade. Ride on even pavement very smooth and big car-like. The suspension handles bumpy roads well, although there is a bit of the bounciness you will get from a light truck with a stiff suspension. The interior is simple but functional, with comfortable adjustable seats and everything within easy reach and working like new. I bought this truck to use in the winter and it has not disappointed me. Starts in -30c like it does in the summer, and the heater is awesome, no chance of cold feet or frosted windows in this thing. I have 2-wheel drive, but with winter tires and 70 kg. in the bed I have never even come close to being stuck. It just works great in the winter, not a one squeak or rattle. I am never worried about being stranded in it, and when your out of the city in very cold temperatures, being stranded means you could die. I have never regretted buying this totally reliable truck and I dought I ever will.

Amazing little Truck

by canyonlover from Alberta, Canada | March 26, 2012

To be honest I bought my truck without actually driving one. I had driven other small trucks that either friends owned, rented, or just through test driving. I looked into the Canyon before heading to the dealership as I did the other vehicles, and I couldn't find a lot of solid reviews. Not a lot of bad reviews by any means, but just overall not really any reviews period. I love my truck. The price I understand but it'd be great if it were cheaper but I have no regrets AT ALL with what I paid. I've owned my truck for 6 years this year in August and it's still going strong. It has 256,000kms on the engine with no major issues. A crack in the Manifold, and an issue with the heater/ac switch (it works when it wants to but works just fine if it's on the hightest setting...which can be a little much sometimes). Other than that (and these issues hadnt happened until 5 years into owning it and HIGH kilometers so please don't think this is a horrible problem that would deter you). Worth all the pennies and if I didn't have to consider a new vehicle for 'warm storage' (only Canyon drawback with crew cab is still nowhere warm to pack the bags when the passenger spots are full.), then I would consider another Canyon. I couldn't find the Canyon on any kind of buy-back or lease return...people that bought them loved them too much to bring them back. Reliable for sure. great for mileage. comfortable. appealing look.

most fuel efficient truck I've driven

by truckin along from Raleigh, NC | May 17, 2010

I've had my 2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Z71 4WD for almost 3 years and 50,000 miles now, and I am still quite happy with it. I get about 25mpg on the highway, and 17-18 when mixed with city driving, which is great for a truck. The interior is reasonably sized. My truck has the six-disc cd changer and XM, so there are plenty of music options on long trips. I have had very few problems with the truck that required service or warranty work.

One of the best

by Biggin from Sebring, FL | January 17, 2010

My 2006 gmc canyon is one of the best trucks ive had it is a 5 speed and has the Inline 5 Vortec that is more then peppy it is close to my 350 vortec it drives wonderful and gets great mpg about 25 i love this truck and would recommend it to anyone

not bad

by don from lafayette, indiana | March 21, 2009

it's alright on gas just dont add any electical. it also needs a couple of grab handles 1 4 each side.

Mid-sized Truck

by Boogie from Arlington, TX | April 20, 2008

I've enjoyed this vehicle. The handling is above par and the inline 5 cylinder seems to make more than enough power for our daily commutes.

"gas my $$"

by low tank from Wi. | February 27, 2008

while over-all happy w/ the truck, the negatives include 16-20 mpg instead of the 27-34 listed. door window cranks and cup-holders not functional w/ soda bottle, so watch the fingers..

EXCELLENT TRUCK / EXCELLENT VALUE

by Jetguy from Bristow, VA. | November 19, 2007

Bought my 4x4 Crew Cab GMC Canyon new last year. A sleek all-Black Beauty, Loved it from day one. good pricing and GMC was very willing to make the deal...toyota and the other foreigner's were not!!! I have the 3.5L 5-cylinder, and it has excellent power. The 4x4 system is terrific, and very easy to use. makes 4-wheeling seem effortless, and the Canyon is an extroadinarily capable backwoods 4-wheeler... I put the GMC Tonneau cover on the Bed, and it is waterproof enough to carry home the groceries, or rolls up easily to carry heavy, dirty or bulky loads. 4-doors make for easy entry, and exits, and the ride is most comfortable. Goes anywhere, in all types of weather, and gets very good gas milage with the 5-cylinder...that pulls like a small V-8 ! Overall, I am more pleased with this Pickup truck from GMC than I ever imagined, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone ! Save yourself some money, and Make sure you take a look, and drive one, before you decide to waste thosands more on any of those puny foreign imports. This truck should also hold on to a very high resale value....It earns it !!!!

The best pick up Ive ever had

by charles from Pennsville, NJ | August 3, 2006

I highly recommend the canyon. I have the 4wd off road package with leather interior. It is comfortable and rides nice. I even put a dual exhaust straight out the back with flowmaster and this canyon sounds bad. Don't buy one of those piece of junk imports until you check out the Canyon. You will be very satisfied.

Quiet and carlike

by Oscarcat from San Diego California | July 31, 2006

Vehicle: 2006 Extended cab SL, I-4, automatic transmission. I was attracted by the styling and quiet ride. The transmission shifts smoothly. Engine is surprisingly peppy and easily accelerates onto the freeway. Quirks: Without the power package there is no way to unlock the passenger door from the outside. Also, no inside adjustment for side mirrors. Cab is roomy and seat is supportive but base model lacks tilt adjustment for seatback. Overall fit and finish is excellent. Controls are easy to reach and logical.

Featured Services for this GMC Canyon