2007 GMC Canyon

Available in 26 styles:  2007 GMC Canyon 4x2 Regular Cab 6' box 111.3" WB shown

Overall

First Truck

by Andy from | July 25, 2013

This is my first truck and I love it. I have around 52,000 miles on it and have had no problems. I have the four cylinder (which has plenty of power) and get about 18 around town and in the mid 20s on the highway. I have had the truck for over 2 years now and it comes in handy all of the time. It works great in the snow and off road. It can also easily pull other vehicles out of ditches (which I have done numerous times).

awsome truck with an appetite

by canyon man from colorado | February 8, 2011

i bought my truck used with only 25,000 miles and have put about 45,000 on mine well all i really like going off road in it with a full tank. when you hit the gas you hit your gas tank to. its alright on gas on the highway when you put the cruse control on it will get about 20 to 25 mpg but when you get in the city you wont get over 15 with the in line 5. the 4X4 is GREAT for getting you out of ruts it will put you in one when going to fill it up.

Good, Dependable Truck

by Mike from Eastern Kentucky | June 14, 2010

I bought a new 2007 Canyon in December 2007. I drove this little truck for three years and it was a very solid truck. I bought the 2 wheel drive, regular cab work truck version. I drove it through snow, ice, etc with very few problems and it had the four cylinder engine, so it got great gas mileage. These are great little trucks. I recently traded it for a used Colorado. The only reason I traded was I really need a four wheel drive for the places I have to travel. I stuck with these mid-sized GM trucks because they are really great trucks for the money.

best small truch I have had

by Canyon Lover from Ladysmith BC Canada | October 4, 2007

I like driving my extended cab SLE Z85 2wd as much as my 525I BMW. Only have 6000km as yet but have had no problems. Tank goodness it has cruise controll or I would be getting tickets. The 2.9 4 cylinder has more power than I need.

Purchased sight unseen !

by Benchloader from Leesville, LA | September 28, 2007

Bought my Canyon regular cab sight unseen, expecting the same quality I have enjoyed with my previous GM vehicles. The Canyon is Large, not the small truck I was led to believe it is. The speedometer is partially hidden by the steering wheel. There is no Oil Pressure guage. Don't know why an automatic has a Tach Meter, I've only needed them on standard transmissions. The seat is uncomfortable, and their is only 1 choice for the SL model. The climate controls are in an awkward position to use, requiring the driver to lean down to be reached. There is no console to hold a pair of sunglasses, pad & pencil, etc. The cup holders are fixed to the seat front, and I discovered drink cups fit loosely enough that they can tip over, spilling. The idle speed is such that the truck goes to 20 MPH without having to step on the gas. Perhaps I was spoiled by my GMC Sonoma, it was easy handling, comfortable, pleasant to drive, and size that fit my needs. If I had test driven the Canyon, I would still own my Sonoma.

Great Truck

by First Truck from Daytona, FL | May 27, 2007

This was the first truck i purchased. I had driven trucks before, and compared with the Ranger at my work, this truck is far superior. I have owned the truck for almost six months and haven't had any problems. I love the truck and wouldn't change anything about it. I'm averaging about 20 miles per gallon, and the 5 cylinder has some decent power. It responds well when I need to get around slower traffic. For a truck, it has a great ride quality. I would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for a great midsized truck.

Great Truck - One you should look at

by Guy Who Likes Trucks from Co. | April 5, 2007

I am new to the midsized truck world as I have owned full sized trucks for many years. I was hesitant to go with a truck that has a 5 cylinder engine, but it does have good power with a smooth delivery when on the road. The truck feels rock solid and handles quickly. I think what I like the most about this truck is the way it handles 4WD situations. It gets me to where I want to go and I really have not put the truck to its limits, even on some serious 4WD areas. Lets just say the Z71 package does a great job. I will have to get used to less power as compared to a full sized truck, otherwise, this is a great truck for all around use.

Most Reliable Truck I've Owned

by Love the Canyon! from Sacramento, CA | March 29, 2007

Better fuel Economy, more horsepower, and way better powertrain than Toyota. I have never had a problem with my Canyon. The Toyotas and Hondas breakdown just like every other truck, and they kill you on maintenance costs. The Canyon is the best truck I have ever drove.

Small Truck with Big Truck Look and Feel

by Bass Angler from Milan, IL | January 26, 2007

The MPG is still a little low, but should improve as the engine breaks in. There is only 1,500 miles on the unit as this review is being written. The power seems to be present, and I will know more once the weather allows towing of my full size bass boat. This is a 4WD crew cab model, which means a smaller bed. However, it has a lot of room for one this size. Also, the tailgate closes like a car door, and not like the ordinary tailgate. It also locks, which has already been found to be a convenient feature. Teamed with an A.R.E. tonno cover, it looks great. I recommend having the dealer apply the paint protection coating, and Rhino spray-on bedliner, if offered. If you are going to use this vehicle for towing be sure to get the 4WD, and towing package. It will prove its worth down the road. The new 100,000/5 year warranty is another great feature. This also includes roadside assistance. All in all, even though this vehicle has been owned for a short time, it seems to have everything to provide a great driving experience - I just hope the mpg keeps improving.

Bad MPG

by Bass Angler from Milan, IL | January 20, 2007

While it is a nice looking vehicle, with great handling, and a roomy bed for its size, the MPG is terrible. I have the 4WD Crew cab, which gets about the same MPG as my 2003 4WD Suburban. While it is too early to test with my full size bass boat, from what I've experienced on pulling up hills, it is doubtful if this vehicle will provide enough power for good towing of this rig. Also, it is most likely that the MPG will drop dramatically since it is already poor at about 13 to 14 city, and 16 to 17 highway.