2015 GMC Canyon

2015 GMC Canyon
Available in 17 styles:  2015 GMC Canyon 4x2 Extended Cab 6' box 128.3" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

From Ranger base to Canyon base

by Connie from British Columbia | March 8, 2016

We picked up our Canyon on October 2015, driven it just under 5,000 miles. So far it's been a nice ride all around, we got the base crew cab 4 banger, fits 5 adults, (short jaunts, no problem, 4 adults long trips should be a breeze). Getting just under 21mpg mixed (mostly city so far). I had a base Ranger for 8 years and I loved it, but got a Canyon as there are no more new Rangers, and I'm happy, more power, similar mileage than I was getting with the Ranger (of course there are 8 years in between, also interior comfort/electronics have increased even in base model, nice). Only complaint, GM and onstar, I keep getting calls on services I don't want...

Improved, but could be so much better

by 2015 Canyon Owner from Northern IL | November 30, 2015

I picked up my 2015 All Terrain 4WD Canyon Ext Cab (2.5L) in July, 2015 and now have about 4200 miles on it. The Good: Seems to be pretty solidly put together - no rattles, creaks, or other noises yet. Fairly quiet on road, MPG averaging just over 21 so far. Interior is comfortable. Step in rear bumper corner is genius. The Bad: GM was so close on the design, but small things they could have done to make it better didn't happen. Door pockets are narrow and door cupholders are useless - who angles a cupholder base at 30 degrees? Leather and textile seats would have been better with all leather. Fake carbon fiber trim and imperceptibly asymmetrical rubber cupholder insert near shifter is just wrong. 6 speed auto downshifts to 5th gear on highway for no obvious reason. Front air dam limits clearance severely for an "All Terrain" vehicle. Many recalls so far...5 or more. Dashboard fitment gaps starting to open up.

From Ridgline to Canyon

by OSU from Ohio | October 23, 2015

We made the switch from a Honda Ridgeline with over 200k miles on it. We were at first hesitant on the switch, but seeing as we would have to pay the same amount of money for a new Ridgeline and settle for a lot less, it only made sense! Have to say, we do miss the space and storage of the Ridgeline, but love the way our Canyon performs, not to mention it looks a whole lot better! The Canyon is so smooth, and powerful! We hook our livestock trailer to it and pull about 5000 lbs with ease! The features and tech in this truck work great too! Love the 4G LTE wifi is awesome! We have over 10,000 miles on it now and could not be happier! This truck simply blows all the other mid size trucks out of the water! Highly recommend.

From Tacoma To Canyon?

by SeattleSounder from Seattle, WA | June 25, 2015

I have driven a 2006 Tacoma for the last 7 years and have been waiting for it to get a face lift. When the new Canyon and Colorado first came out I figured I would at-least give them a test. WOW was I surprised... GM has finally picked up their game. I custom ordered the All-Terrain Canyon 8 months ago and could not be happier with the switch. The styling and comfort are MILES ahead of the Tacoma and Frontier. Also, I was surprised by how well it handles in the deep snow and mud in the high mountains of the Pacific Northwest. The gas mileage is not impressive, but that's not why I own a truck. The 8" Touchscreen and Intillink system is extremely high tech and it works beautifully. However I do wish they had downloadable apps on the system. I have only towed some smaller trailers but they were fully loaded with about 5k lbs and It handled great with no loss of power. Overall I could not be happier with the truck and can't believe that this is a GM product!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2015 Canyon Crew

by Packers are #1 from Scottsdale, AZ | May 13, 2015

I have owned 3 months and it doesn't get better than this, Good MPG, great ride on well built. My only con that I have - buy the upgraded stereo. Needs more guts from the basic system.

Best Truck I ever had

by 54 Ford from Boardman, Ohio | May 1, 2015

This new Canton is awesome. Hat's off to General Motors for bringing it back. It's like riding in a car with all the comforts. Love it. I've had 5 GMC's, and this is the best one yet. Thanks General Motors.

So Far So Good

by Adam from Los Angeles, CA | April 9, 2015

Truck has 5,000 miles so far but so far so good. I do like the smoothness and the fit and finish of the vehicle.

Looks Great!

by Ocean Park from Ocean Park, WA | February 1, 2015

Nice performance and fuel mileage. Seats are a little snug. Standard size bed is the right size and the depth is great. Very glad we bought it.