2002 GMC Envoy XL

Available in 4 styles:  Envoy XL shown

15 city / 20 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very nice ride, great power costs a lot in repairs

by Hosed by the dealer from Rochester | February 23, 2013

Things I had to get fixed: ABS module- 1300 ABS light 200. Misdiagnosed x2 by a dealer still did not fix Tie Rod - 700 x2 Air conditioning condensor 500 misdiagnosed x2 by the dealer Thank god it was hit and the vehicle was totaled at a high price so i could get my Honda Pilot.

Phil Q PE

by PHIL Q from BERLIN CT. | May 16, 2012

My 2002 envoy has 33000 miles on it, and the dealer does not want to change the plugs as they are buried in the head. I changed them after 10 years and they are burnt to s crisp. i also found a leaky oil seal in number one plug which will require a major teardown for 300 bucks or more. The drive module has failed twice for no reason other than rust invaded the unit and the envoy was always parked in a heated shelter.If you want to keep an SUV for several years do not buy an Envoy.Th ride on 17 inch wheels is bouncy and the economy is lousy 11 MPH

my new envoy

by jessica from Gainesville, GA | April 4, 2012

I recently bought an Envoy. When I seen it I fell in love. It has tv and fully loaded. I love this car, and it drive Great!!! The only problem i have was it needed an Oil Change, but what car doesn't. I love it and my kids enjoy it too. I found a reliable car that fits my whole family on my cheap budget. Thanks GMC!!!

Most reliable SUV I've owned

by Truck Enthusiast from Katy,TX. | December 17, 2011

Bought it as new car trade in with 12K on it. I've put 95 K on it in 10 yrs. only thing I've replaced has been 2 batteries , an belt,recharged ac once,2 sets of tires. Had the original brakes replaced at 105K,And they were still good! Only complaint is the six cylinder drinks gas.But it drives as good as my buddy's 60K Cadillac Escalade! 6 " longer than a Tahoe and 6" shorter than a Surbuban,

General Motors has a Winner

by Car Collector from Marlow, OK | July 28, 2009

My first foray into a larger SUV, as I have driven Pontiac's wonderful Vibe for the past 4 years. Kids getting larger and needed a bigger vehicle to use for trips, which is why I bought this Envoy. It's an XL, SLT, w/the Professional Towing Package, sunroof and 67K miles. Paid $9500 at a dealer in Oklahoma City. The car has been fantastic and just an absolute delight to drive. I get lots of looks and plenty of people ask about it. Seats 7 very comfotably, has plenty of power, rides smoothly and quietly, and even w/a 4.10 gear ratio, still gets 20 MPG. Shifts as smooth as silk. Have logged about 5K miles on it in the year I've owned it and it is a pleasure to drive. Towed a small boat w/it and there were no issues. Feel very safe w/the rear wheel drive and 4WD capability, even at the sacrifice of a couple MPGs. Will be darn gald I have it when we go skiing this winter!! Big comfortable adjustable leather seats makes a long drive easy and the Bose stereo is out of this world. Absolutely no issues w/the design and engineering of this outstanding GM product. Can't wait for the next road trip; Grand Canyon, Smokey Mts, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore etc, etc, etc.....

Featured Services for this GMC Envoy XL