2005 GMC Envoy XL

See Photos & Videos

Overall

money pit

by Dbl L from Mo. | January 14, 2014

We purchased this SUV a year and a half ago with 103,000 miles. Since then , the fuel gauge, the rear air ride suspension, the water pump, front brakes , and now the driver side front wheel bearing has been replaced. Not a reliable vehicle for a woman. Never again will I do business with the dealership I bought this thing from nor will I purchase another GMC. They may have been good in the past, but quality is now gone from most car manufacturer s today.

Decent car

by SUV Lover from Il | July 22, 2013

Basically nice vehicle. I have the denali bought the car used, in 2011 good thing I purchased the extended warranty. head, air compressor, mother board and few other little things have been replaced. That being said don't know if car or previous owner are to blame. Comfort inside the car is very nice just a few things I would change the seat belt location cant be adjusted im 5'9" and cuts into my neck( bought a clip that's a pain to use but works for me) and the seal on the doors don't block out the air sound when driving highway sounds like window is cracked open when its not. Get compliments on it all the time when they ride in it.Room and doesn't look like a softball mom car :)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2005 Envoy XL

by Dan from 84118 | February 19, 2013

Car has every thing I was looking for, BUt doesnt appear to have traction control like most of the other models I was looking at, But it has every thing else I was looking for in power towing ability and luxery comforts.

Great SUV

by azgs from Phoenix, Az | June 21, 2011

Nice vehicle that drives great, gets good gas mileage, and can tow a big boat. 4X4 v6 engine is strong. Convenient 3rd seating seats 8 ppl. Smooth, upscale ride

2005 Envoy xlt

by Envoy from | May 2, 2011

Great vehicle, just bought it and love it! needs a little more legroom in front for a 6'4" guy but makes up with overall comfort. Very strong engine, great passing speed. Lots of room for cargo. Nothing bad to say.

love this car!

by alyssasmommy101 from | March 11, 2009

wouldnt want anything else... with a family and 3 large dogs this is just the car we have always needed! recently had a horrible accident where a whiteout of snow caused us to skid and flip into a creek and i can say we all walked away un harmed the car even made it without a scratch... now we are in the look for a new one and cannot wait for a new upgrade from our 2002 envoy XL

Amazed at How Good this vehicle is

by boatman694aa from Omaha, Nebraska | May 1, 2008

I have an XL with the in-line 6, which I love and get decent mileage. I pulled my boat full of stuff and seven people across four states and got an average of 12 mpg, was surprised at that going 70 MPH in the hills in 90 degree heat. Handles better than my 5 passenger one did. I got rid of the OEM Tires and put Firestone Destination A/T's on it and it goes through everything. It handles seven adults comfortably, which is what I liked over the Honda Pilot. Bose Stereo and DVD system are excellent. I have 60,000 miles on it and have never fixed anything in it, just routine maintainence. The only thing that could work better are the auto windshield wipers, I prefer the standard delay better. I take this hunting and campling and have a 40 mile rountrip to work everyday. It is great in snow and rain and wind. The automatic 4WD option is great in the winter months. I bought this with 28,000 miles and have not even used the extended warranty I purchased. I got more than I paid for and for the first time in years have been pleased with a vehicle. Last time I was pleased was with my 79 Buick Park Ave coupe that performed flawlessy for 18 years. I may keep this truck after 100,000 miles.

Featured Services for this GMC Envoy XL