2005 GMC Envoy XUV

Available in 4 styles:  2005 GMC Envoy XUV 4x4 shown

Overall

sad to see it go

by gm faithful from NE Illinois | September 19, 2013

I bought this car July of 2005 and have used it pretty hard like a truck. As gentleman farmer it did the work but could still look good and be comfortable when it needed to be. I would say the roof bit was only used a couple of times, but it sure was convenient then. For about half the last 6 years we have had middle seat down and hauled plenty of lumber and feed etc. Also, a good bit of towing, but livestock trailer has taken its toll on the vehicle in the end. Mechanically it held up well till just recently. it still has good life in it but time to get new truck. Wish they still had this option.

Best Car/Truck ever!!

by RippersEdge from Buffalo, New York | July 23, 2011

I got this 2005 xuv v8 slt new in 2005. I owned new gmc sierra's and silverado's before this one. Being a hunter and fisherman I found xuv to be the best for hauling my equipment around. Hauling a trailer, no problem. I have had minor problems here and there over the past 6 years but I can't give this vehicle up and they do not make the xuv since 2005. I'm sure everyone gets a lemon now and then with every vehicle. This one is tops on my list.

It's been a great truck...

by XUV Owner from Windsor Heights, IA | May 26, 2011

Very reliable and versitile truck. I had a Yukon and loved the room and thought I wanted a pickup truck, then I came across this vehicle. All the bells and whistles (I've got the SLT trim) and it is very comfortable for my family of 4. As a weekend warrior of home improvement, the bed in the back is great, too. Aside from brakes, tires and oil chanages, I've not had to put it in the shop.

Not so Reliable

by crazygirl from Arizona | December 17, 2008

I also have had many problems mechanically. I have had mine in the shop 21 times. Contacted Corporate office. I will say the ride is great, comfortable, quiet. Don't think it gets the gas mileage stated. They have problems with drive train design, gas sensors, cat. conv. and several other major things. I was told at the Dealership garage that they don't recall because it would cost more money than the people that actually bring them in to get them fixed. Not a great policy, but it is a business trying to make money.

Best truck ever owned

by GMC from Pembroke Ma | November 15, 2008

I love my trucks This has so much to offer the comfort and drive are my favorite things. My family has 2 Envoy's

your do it all vehicle

by motor madness from wisconsin | November 29, 2007

awesome all around suv no problems at all lots of smooth power more use's than my pickup and great for the animals well thought out gm!

bad car

by george from az | September 7, 2006

what is the point of a review if you can not be hnest? i wrote a review and told what i really thought and guess what... not listed ere. well, the envoy is/was the worst car ever made. GMC should buy them back for all the problems they have. mines going in for the 9th time and 1 year old.

Featured Services for this GMC Envoy XUV