2002 GMC Envoy

2002 GMC Envoy
Available in 4 styles:  2002 GMC Envoy 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

2002 Envoy. Reliable purchase.

by Benjamin Iowa State from Ames, Iowa | February 13, 2016

Attractive features: This 2002 GMC envoy (blue) with just less than 150,000 miles and 270-horse power has several features which drivers of all ages would find appealing. This vehicle includes 5 available seats, 2 front heated seats, an automatic transmission, and a 6-cylinder engine that offers a quiet and comfortable ride. The dash interior comes with a stock CD changer; two power outlets, no sunroof included in the specific model, but does come included with power-adjustable seats. Review: I have no problem giving this vehicle five stars out of five stars. This early 2000’s model gives back seat riders a great amount of legroom, and is a wonderful vehicle to take the whole family in on long car rides. In between the two front seats there’s two cup holders. The back seat also includes two pull down cup holders that will hold any size cup or drink. I purchased this SUV with just over 100,000 miles on it and I’ve never purchased a more reliable vehicle. This vehicle has never been in an accident and does have two dents in the rear trunk door; otherwise there is no cosmetic damage. The SUV comes with a ball and hitch and is very good for towing. When not towing, this vehicle will get around 22 miles to the gallon. When towing, depending on the size of your load, the vehicle can get anywhere from 13 to 18 miles per gallon. The four-wheel drive comes in very handy if you live in an area where it snows in the winter and even without the four-wheel drive on, it does pretty well in snow. The size of this vehicle is smaller than your standard pickup truck, yet big enough to haul a trailer or small family with room to spare. The back seats fold down to allow the entire trunk to become open which you can use to transport numerous items that wouldn’t fit otherwise. Many consumers worry that the SUV is a 6 cylinder and not a V-8. In my opinion, the 6 cylinder has enough power and as a result, produces an extremely smooth ride. The main console is a bit undersized but the vehicle has no other major inconveniences. Although this model was discontinued in 2009, I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another one with less mileage on it.

Well rounded vehicle

by DZ from Detroit, Michigan | April 23, 2013

I've had my 2002 GMC Envoy SLT for about 2 months now, and it has been great. With about 93,000 miles on it, the straight 6 cylinder engine still provides a healthy amount of power, so you can feel all 270 horses, and hear a throaty growl as you give it gas. The handling gives the driver a superior feeling of control and stability. The four speed automatic transmission is smooth shifting and reliable.The two-tone leather interior supplies a luxurious and sophisticated feel for an American SUV, and the suspension delivers a smooth ride. The SLT trim is equipped with a 6 speaker Bose audio system, which includes an FM/AM radio and a 6-disc CD player, and provides a sonorous effect with deep base and precise treble. The additional features of quickly heating seats and a fast A/C also add to the vehicle's list of good qualities. The 4 wheel drive is another great feature in this vehicle, especially in the extremes of Michigan weather. The versatility of the vehicle is another thing to boast about. The back row of seats easily folds down to allow a huge amount of space that could accommodate for a variety of products, from plants to tools to furniture. The exterior styling gives off a very masculine vibe, especially with the addition of 17 inch chrome wheels, and the lowering effect of the running boards. Although the front has a somewhat "friendly" face to it as opposed to its cousin the Trailblazer, it is still very appealing to the eye. Mechanically, the vehicle has presented no problems for me at all. The only thing replaced thus far has been the windshield, tire hoist, and all four tires, which are all common used car teething problems. The only possible negative feature of this vehicle that I can muster up is that the middle console is a bit on the smaller side, but this is just a small inconvenience that is overcome by the car's positive attributes. This vehicle is a great value for the money that it is worth; so much that is nearly a steal. Not a bad first car, in my opinion.

ENVOY 2002

by Coastiesmom5 from JACKSONVILLE,NC | March 15, 2013

I owned a 2003 ENVOY. I purchased a 2002 ENVOY, because of how great of a vehicle this SUV is. The place I purchased this vehicle from was fantastic. This SUV runs like a brand new SUV. I LOVE IT. The HIX MOTOR COMPANY in JACKSONVILLE, NC. sold me the ENVOY. The price was low, and the staff treated me as if I was a VIP. Nice clean car dealership, nice friendly staff willing to work with me to get this vehicle. I will buy all my future vehicles from HIX MOTORS COMPANY in JACKSONVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA

very good car

by skipp from Manasquan NJ | August 24, 2012

I actually have an 03, same suv as the 02. I bought it for my 18 yr old at 110k on it. he now has over 130k on it and the only thing i replaced was the fan clutch, Parts Geek 65.00 great site for parts. It handles,drives and performs like new, not a squeek or rattle anywhere, I drive a new Volvo S 80 and have no problem taking his truck now and again. Only down side is fuel economy around town. But on highway not too bad and drives smooth as silk.

style and comfort

by cool curt from wilmington delaware | July 1, 2012

love the way this vehicle handles the road .Just purchuse a 2002 to replace a2002 ford explorer and i swear there is a big difference in the smoothness of the ride and comfort . I feel more at peace even in rush hour traffic. Thje only setback is the cargo space is just a little smaller.But hey, i didnt buy it for that reason. Igot it for the style and COMFORT.

Big power in a comfy package

by Mr Truckster from Detroit, MI | November 15, 2011

I recently purchased the GMC Envoy Denali and I will tell you from preformance to the way it handles to the stylish two tone interior, this truck gets 5 stars all away around with me - the seats are extremely comfy and it fits my family nicely. the rear storage area is just enough but not too much as in a yukon or surburban, with the standard straight line V6 the gas milage is that of a car with the towing power of a full size truck!! I am loving it !!

2002 Envoy SLT 4x4

by Jens from PA | October 30, 2011

I purchased my 2002 Envoy SLT 4X4 new in Sept 2001. After a little over 10 years on the road, and 89,000 miles, I am still pleased with my purchase. The engine runs well, the automatic transmission shifts smoothly, and the truck has gotten me around in the bad winter weather. The interior, including leather seats, is in excellent condition, and has worn well over the past 10 years. I like the climate control, heated seats, and heated mirrors. I also like that there is a sensor that automatically turns the exterior lights on at night or when you drive into a parking garage during the daytime. You essentially never have to turn the lights on manually in this vehicle. I have plenty of room to transport my dog in the rear cargo area, as well as groceries, or large bulky items. The exterior design has held well for 10 years. On the exterior I like that the turn signals are integrated into the side mirrors, and that the side mirrors fold in. My only complaint has to do with the 2 front cupholders. Only 1 is actually usable. The second one is positioned between the center stack and the front of the automatic shifter on the floor. If you place a cup in that cupholder and then shift into park, there is not enough room for the cup.

still driving almost 10 years later

by mikie from Toledo, Ohio | March 8, 2011

I bought this suv new and would have to say that it's been a good to very good suv. The styling is still good after 9 years. All the electronics and all the auto-gadgets are still working. One of the issues i was worried about was it being a straight 6 and not a V-8. The V-8 was not available when i bought this. The 6 has more than enough power and couldn't be any smoother. A cooling fan clutch went out at 45,000. That was covered by an extended warranty. Main computer went out at around 50,000 miles. A 1100.00 repair. Had to replace the compressor that works the air-ride suspension at 95,000. I now have 112,000 miles and would like to keep until around 150,000. I don't see any reason not to. It has the miles it has on it because it's so comfortable that we take it everywhere. A terrific road trip car. Would i buy another one? I'm kind of looking now for a used one with less miles, but they are hard to find. Seems like anybody who has one is as happy with theirs as i am. It's a shame that it was discontinued in 2009.

One of the best vehicles that I have ever owned

by Beach Bum from Knoxville, TN | December 12, 2009

Bought the 2wd Envoy new 07-2002. Has 130,000 miles. Runs and drives great. I drive it from Tennessee to Florida on a regular basis with no fear of problems. Replaced thermostat at 7000 miles and water pump at 52,000. No other problems. Brakes are original. I change oil every 3000 miles and it uses no oil. Gas mileage is 22 on the road and 19-20 around town. I think it is a great vehicle.

Never again!!!

by gmc owner from hackensack, nj | February 20, 2009

We bought this envoy a couple of years ago. When we bought it was great work well. Only had it two year before part were needed to be replaced...now at 70k the transmission needs to be replaced..??? Never again...wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy.

Featured Services for this GMC Envoy