2004 GMC Envoy

15–16 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Looks are deceiving

by Cmhirsch from Chicagoland, IL | September 15, 2014

Was looking for an inexpensive second vehicle. Chose this Envoy over a Nissan Pathfinder because I wanted to keep it American. Is a sharp looking car, I will give it that. However, the interior is not near as roomy as the competition. Unfortunately, I learned this on the first road trip I took with it for work. Every time I take it to the shop for regular service, I end up shelling out at least another $1,000 in other needed repairs to it. I DO NOT recommend this vehicle unless you either have another vehicle to use as a backup, or want to have a good looking money pit in the driveway

Favorite vehicle owned of the Dozen I've had

by Hutch from Calgary, AB | March 1, 2012

I have a 2004 Envoy that I put a 2in lift kit in and a set of 31 inch tires on. I have 274,000km's on it and I've had absolutely no trouble with any major component, engine, transmission, transfer case etc. The interconnecting box on the front 4wd shaft is a weak point, but if you put it in A4WD setting early, then the front end warms up and lasts well. I've had to fix some accessory items such as alternator, belt pulley, thermostat; all of which failed around 220k. I honestly wish GM still made this vehicle, because they don't have anything in the same class today that I would buy.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Easy to drive, powerful, and good looking car..

by GMC Fan from Fresno, CA | October 14, 2010

Love so many things about this car. Great value for the money. Bought it new and have had no problems with it. Would definitely recommend!

Disappointed for a GMC vehicle

by Freeway Driver from Fresno, Ca | April 16, 2010

Bought this vehicle new and after four years, past the warranty I had a valve repaired in November 2008. Now again less than 18 months later the same problem with another valve. Decided this inline six engine is unreliable. Our mechanic says there is a problem with this engine. I wanted a smaller SUV. Now I wish I had gone for the V8 and the larger SUV.

Run, Run Fast!

by Big Lee from Knoxville TN | March 7, 2010

I bought the Envoy because of looks and power. I also did a search and found it ranked better the the X5 and 4Runner. I have had the suv 3 years now and its an everyday driver. I hate this thing. The car was certified when I bought it. It has been to the dealer in and out. I have spent more money fixig it then I would have if i would have bought a better car. If you want a money pit, Buy this Suv. If not the look for som thing better and use the extra money on a vacation.

Comfort all the way

by babs from | April 20, 2009

Great vehicle. Love it. Very reliable. I would recommend this SUV to everyone. Comfortable ride, roomy interior and great styling.

not that great on gas in city

by Coach from Mobile, AL | December 19, 2007

This car is the car you want if you travel alot. This car is GREAT on the interstate,but terrible on gas driving here or there in the city. You will find yourself choosing not to go certain places just because you know how terrible it is on gas just driving around in your own city.

Very comfortable auto

by Retired from Wichita, ks | June 29, 2007

Wind noise is the worst I've ever heard. The comfort is great, handling is great and the MPG is acceptable. I would buy another one if the situation arose. The Envoy gets a bad rap from the press because they cater to Ford and Chevy. I love this GMC.

Featured Services for this GMC Envoy