2006 GMC Envoy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love the Envoy

by Butterfly from Winston Salem, NC | September 12, 2013

I fell in love with it when I first drove it. Love the sunroof and leather interior. It's my new baby!

2006 envoy

by baarstad from portland Oregon | August 8, 2013

Hi we have had our 2006 envoy since new. I used it to drive across country as I live in portland oregon and have property in South Dakota. Never let us down. Sure it has the usual issues every few years ( cracked exhaust manifold) hub bearings but that is part of owning a vehicle right. It now has 290,000 miles and still going strong! That's right two hundred and ninety thousand miles and change. Still smells like new leather and drives like a new car. Will keep it untill it finally calls it quits which I do not see in the near future.

Saved my life! Never have to second guess an Envoy

by 3 time envoy buyer from New Jersey, North | January 17, 2013

So I've been driving envoy's my whole life, I bought my first envoy 2 years ago as a used 2002 SLT with 80,000 miles on it and yeah it needed the usual work every used car needs but once it had that done the car was a charm. Its high class at middle class rates, and features as good as any lugery car. The way it handles while driving is like no other and its turning radius is perfect! I've been driving ambulances and ALS SUVs for 3 years and everytime I get behind my envoy after work I'm the happiest guy in the world. I also purchased a 2005 a year later with 45,000 miles on it just to keep the car fresh and used my 2002 as a trade in for it. It again gave me no problems at all. The only thing was I let my girlfriend drive us home one day and we had a very very bad car accident thank god we were in this envoy because it saved us! The truck was hit by a 16 wheeler and flew over a divider and did a flip and the only damage it took was to the front and side all safety features worked all air bags went off and in the words of the state police if it wasn't a gmc we would've died! The truck suffered no interior damage and I owe my life to that truck for saving me! I used the insurance money to buy a 2006 SLT and I love it just like the rest it's even better then the others a d it handles so much better then my moms jeep or dads Benz . I will never stray from an envoy or GMC ever !

Perfect Mid-size SUV that tows

by Gunner from Unionville, Pa | May 3, 2011

We bought a ’06 SLE2 new and have ~77k miles on it. The only issue it has had was something in the fuel indicator/sensor/sending unit that failed under warranty. It rides like a car, has a tight turning radius and gets the advertised 21 highway mpg. It can also tow two horses when we need it to. Beats the pants off its competition for towing. It’s a pity they discontinued this model because I don’t need the Yukon XL and the Acadia won’t meet my towing needs. We intend to keep it a very long time. It’s been a solid investment and very reliable. We drive all over the east coast with it. Acceleration is fine, engine is quiet, just an all around nice pick.

excellent vehicle

by ph from | June 9, 2010

Went to cars.com to find a reliable slightly used vehicle. I had a 2004 Envoy in the past and had really liked it, so when my GMC Acadia lease was up I was looking for GMC quality but looking to reduce my payments. I founda 2006 with only 12,000 miles on it. It's just like new and I love it.

easy to like

by 1driver from ohio | March 24, 2010

i put lots of miles on cars and have bought low mi cars and trucks and kept them to 50k and this one is the easiest to like. time will tell about the value. you could spend a lot more $$ and not come close to what you get with this v-8 denali. always 18+ mpg. record snowfall in ohio this year, i think this is the best all around car/truck/suv i have had. from the luxurious steering wheel to the auto features, i can't think of anything i didn't like.

Very Quiet and Smooth

by Umkayy from Dallas Texas | September 14, 2006

My wife and I traded in our foreign luxury sports sedan for the Envoy Denali to get ready for the new baby and we love it. We drove many suv's and this one topped them all in ride, interior noise, comfort, and convenience. This suv can whip in and out of parking spots better than our car did and u turns are no problem either. I do not think I will get another car without the OnStar system after having it now. The fuel milage is what I expected from an suv with a good size V8 engine.

Very sturdy SUV

by Bill from Business owner,So Calif | September 4, 2006

Bought this for my wife and two year old son, while not as popular as the foriegn SUV's. It felt the most solid, ordered it with opt side curtain airbags, navigation system,sunroof, 4x4,air suspension, and DOD V8. Feels more solid then my 2500 hd pickup. Cup holders kind of in a strange place, buts thats my only complaint. I feel that with the addition of On-star my family is in a very safe vehicle. I understand GM is going to eliminate the XL production, pretty bad decision, but they elimnated the EV1 electric car, so the top brass not to bright.

Mom's Envoy

by Marie from Kansas City, KS | July 20, 2006

Hi I have had my envoy for seven months and I absolutley love it! the V-6 has the power and acceleration of a V-8 with the fuel-economy of a V-6! It is also smooth riding, sucure hadiling, and a quiet interior!

Featured Services for this GMC Envoy