2008 GMC Envoy

Available in 6 styles:  2008 GMC Envoy 4x4 shown

Overall

Problem Vehicle

by SUVer from Buffalo, NY | March 31, 2014

Purchased new. OK deal but problems soon begin. Both differentials leaked badly. Six times to repair. Spare tire mechanism a nightmere. Spare tire larger than others creates traction problem. Numerous electrical problems. Back up lights fill with water several times. Rear window wiper stops. Radio speakers apparently work per outdoor temperature. Three fail. Power window fails. Breaks soon replaced. Traction problem light always on. Wheel bearings replaced... And all within 6 years and 80,000 miles. Rediculous parts and labor costs. Won't buy another GMC. Second bad one.

Best SUV Vehicle I've ever owned...

by ENVATE from Anchorage,Alaska | March 1, 2014

I purchased this 2008 GMC Envoy SLE 4x4 in March 2010...The vehicle was USED had 20400 miles on it...! In Four years time have brought the mileage up to 36800...THE ENVOY runs like a TOP... On average 14.5 mpg around town in Anchorage... 19.5 on the Palmer/Wasilla Highway. I donot understand why Automobile Magazines downplay the ENVOY...Absolutely the BEST SUV VEHICLE I've ever owned... Other than normal wear & tear, Oil changes...periodic upkeep on the vehicle. I wish GMC hadn't discontinued the Model in 2009.

Most reliable one I've Owned

by Super SUV from Kuwait | May 8, 2012

Good car for the value of time and money. Export from USA and now usd in Kuwait for more than 5 months.

Excellent Machinery

by Mr Fussy from Connecticut | May 4, 2012

We inherited our '08 GMC Envoy and what a surprise. After owning smaller vehicles for years, we didn't expect a full size SUV to be so good. Great in snow - very comfy and well appointed with options. We haven't used it to tow but it's capable of some serious towing. The gas mileage is unexpected also; 17.2 MPG in combined driving.

Reliable

by Former Envoy SLT Owner from Milwaukee, WI | April 8, 2010

Great driving in the snow; lots of noise from the window areas (felt like air was blowing thru) and drafty. Great towing capabilities. The check engine light intermittently came on after having it a couple of months; technicians could not figure out the reason & engineers @ GMC had to be contacted. Other than that, no problems. Great amenities, but I would not buy another one. It served the purpose.

Great vehicle

by kranky from Pennslyvania | February 3, 2010

Second one I have owned. Don't understand why GM quit manufacturing this reliable vehicle. Does what you need it to do. Great in snow. Never had a problem with either one I have had. Tows great.

Best vehicle I have driven in a while.

by New envoy owner from New Jersey | October 8, 2007

I totally love this car, I traded my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 11,000 miles on it. This vehicle blew me away with the comfort, styling, It drives so much better than my Jeep, I traded in my jeep since it was in the shop for almost 4 weeks for a stalling issue and the dealer could not fix the problem. I will never buy another Jeep product again.

Featured Services for this GMC Envoy