1995 GMC Jimmy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best SUV ever !!

by Jazz from calexico, CA | December 26, 2011

I bought my Jimmy from a girl from Utah, so I'm second owner. Best Car we've had, really, this February it'll be 11 years with us !! Now it has 167,487 miles and still runs great; i'm thinking it buying a newer SUV but don't wanna get rid of my Jimmy. The only problem I had it was the fuel pump, but that's it, of course i take good care of it; because it really earns it, i work 7 days i always count with my Jimmy to take wherever I have to go.

95 GMC JIMMY TRUCK WITH 120000

by MD3CITY from chicago | October 28, 2010

I purchased this truck totally uncared for by an urban woman.Many others who might have been ahead of me never made it there as it was a ruff area.I picked this car up at night so their were some things i failed to see. Ive seen reviews with these trucks having big transmission issues.But for 1200.00 cash i was just looking for a winter beater. After my total face lift of the car, changing ALL the fluids, and filters, etc, the vehicle became a pretty good running truck. The transmission does act a bit weird in shifting from start up, but never a grind or bump or slip. These trucks like the S10 have an issue with the driver doors off alignment, starter which by the way you must remove the flywheel cover to get to it and is too tight to take off by hand. Also the o2 sensor will be an issue.It has recently had lower joints done and is read for uppers.Not unusual for the mileage. My main issue i have is this thing drinks gas.I drive with light foot and still it seems to burn gas like a V8. Haven't yet found a way to reduce it as ive tried plugs, wires, air filter,etc. Maybe adding octane as it helps a bit. I purchased at 120.000 which isnt bad for the year. Also i might add this truck doesn't have the best acceleration. Your normal take off is great.But in mid speed of you want to play catch up and floor it you might be disappointed.But as i have a certain brand of plugs in it, maybe the problem.Something i will have to check. IT does turn heads as it roars in the first gear on residential streets.Also the red shiny paint job.Which ive noticed cracks easy as i see in the lower part of the truck.Some kind of adhesive might stop that. Bottom line is pre-maintenance and don't beat the truck down.Change fluids before due date.Especially transmission. Another trick i do with all my cars is if you feel the trans in gear and its high about to auto shift, back off the pedal. The computer will actually monitor your driving and takes stress off the trans when you do this. Also at a light, if it is long, put it in neutral to avoid stress.Specially in drive thru.

95 gmc jimmy SLT (165,327 miles)

by GM trucks are better from pennsylvania,PA | July 10, 2006

high maintenance, but definately worth it in the end. I needed a car for school and to pick up my kids, and i saw a gmc jimmy and it was what i needed, a 4-door cheap and in average condition. i thought i was just settling for what i needed at the time. I love it!! I still have it at 165,327 miles! it need some maintenance but this truck was put together well. I would definately recomend it! good strong acceleration, good mileage for a truck, and plenty of cargo and passenger space. definately a good vehicle to buy used

Featured Services for this GMC Jimmy