1999 GMC Savana

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Workhorse

by Timetraveler from Ironwood, Mi. | August 1, 2006

I purchased this van (extended cargo 2500 series) new in '99 and have about 70,000 virturally trouble free miles on it. I'm retired and use it to tow a lt. wt. 2,000# trailer as a camper for about 6 mos./yr. As I tow in 3rd I get only 13-14 mpg. but solo, it's gotten as high as 21 with consistent 19-20 in OD. It's comfortable on long hauls out West and it's been in mountains, etc. with no noticable effect on proformance. It holds bikes, boats, supplies, books, 2 cats and my wife and It's still quiet and I love the view from the "top" in the drivers or pass. chairs. I would have loved to have had the all wheel drive option in that in the winter, I rarely take it out as I live in a high snow and hilly environment. In short, I'd have no trouble recommending this vehicle...just the caution about driving in snow conditions with hills.

Moms Vehicle

by Mom in MN from Apple Valley, MN | June 7, 2006

I love my GMC Savana! It is great for hauling the kids around town and absolutley wonderful for trips! It is a comfortable ride every time! It has a lot of cargo room as well. It is very nice for packing all the paraphanlia that comes with children. I also love being able to buy things and not having to worry if it will fit in the van. Great overall vehicle for a family!!!

Featured Services for this GMC Savana