GM says the Sierra 1500 Hybrid's gasoline V-8 and electric motors team up for an overall mileage improvement compared with the regular Sierra. The Sierra Hybrid is available only as a rear- or four-wheel-drive crew cab, both with a 6.0-liter V-8 and two electric transmission motors. The pickup truck can seat up to six people. Standard features include a trailering package, locking rear differential and side curtain airbags.
New for 2013
There are no significant changes for 2013.
There's hybrid badging on the cab's rear window, ahead of the side mirrors and on the tailgate, but otherwise the hybrid version looks similar to the gas-powered Sierra. Exterior features include:
- Low-rolling-resistance tires
- 18-inch aluminum wheels
- Standard tonneau cover
Depending on the Sierra Hybrid's seating configuration, the crew cab can seat five or six people. Interior features include:
- Hybrid badge on tachometer
- Economy gauge tracks driving style's effect on efficiency
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Available leather seats
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
GM's two-mode hybrid system enables "full" hybrid operation with the capability to cruise on electric power up to 30 mph. The gas engine kicks in if more acceleration is needed, as well as at higher speeds; for maximum grunt, the electric motors and gas engine work together.
At the heart of the Sierra Hybrid is a 6.0-liter V-8 that teams with GM's Electrically Variable Transmission, which integrates two 60-kilowatt electric motors. The motors draw power from a 300-volt battery pack. Mechanical features include:
- 332-horsepower, 6.0-liter V-8 with 367 pounds-feet of torque and cylinder-deactivation technology
- Uses regular gas
- 26-gallon fuel tank
- Towing capacity of 6,100 pounds (rear-wheel drive) or 5,900 pounds (four-wheel drive)
Safety features include:
- Four-wheel antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system and traction control
- Side curtain and front-seat side-impact airbags
- Available backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range