2004 GMC Sierra 1500

2004 GMC Sierra 1500
Available in 33 styles:  2004 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown

Overall

Awesome Truck

by Lovin_my_GMC from Spring Grove Pa | May 12, 2014

This truck iis awesome. It has the positracion rear and 4 wheel drive so I I am sure it will perform well in snow or mud. Has 5.3 engine with Automatic and gets better fuel mpg than my toyota 4 Runner that I traded in. The GMC had a clunking sound when shifting into reverse and when pulling out from a stop. I found there was a TSB from GMC concerning this issue and Country Dodge took care of it for me. Truck has a fair amount of squeaky creaky interior panels but it does not bother me. Only two things I found that I dislike. First one is the wiper arms can only be lifted a few inches off the windshield. I normally leave my wipers sticking up in the air when I have to park outside in the snow and ice to prevent them from getting frozen to the window. Second one is the Center AC vent in the dash cannot be turned off. If rear passenger are cold and I am hot this is a problem because I cant stop the airflow from that vent. Overall though it is a great truck and drives great! I love it!

Uses car for Towing

got clear title

by sporty from hwy25n golden ms. | September 26, 2011

it is a 4door 2smallback doors never beeb in mud used 4wheel drive 2times in snow has auto 4wheel drive when needed puter in color its the sport model never cleaned moter but still looks good

I just traded in this truck

by Former Owner of this truck from Columbus, OH | April 26, 2011

This auto 4 speed GMC is super fast!!! I liked to pull up next to those kids in their small import cars (the ones that sound like chainsaws) and blow them off the line. Ha, looks like a fancy spoiler and a loud muffler is no match for a GM 5.3L V8. Be careful, don't smoke the tires!

99k miles and still kicking!

by 04SierraLover from Jacksonville, FL | November 29, 2010

I have recently hit 99,000 miles on my 2004 GMC Sierra 1500. I have the 4.8L V-8 and have no complaints. I change my oil every 3,000 miles, and get an alignment every year or so. I recently put new tires on it, and it performs even better. I am getting 16MPG on it. However, I am getting a shudder between 1st and 2nd gears. Sometimes it slams into gear. Otherwise, nothing is wrong with it. I have decided that I will drive this truck until the frame falls apart.

2004 5.3L GMC Sierra SLT 1500 Ext Cab w/ Tow Pack

by Toyota Love from LA, CA | May 28, 2007

After 3.5 Years and about 30k miles I've had no break downs and it drives with the same power as when it was new. Passing and cornering like a sports car, beats the Dodge and Ford on handling in my opinion. Not to mention 2004 apears to be keeping its value much better too. Interior is rugged and comfortable, nothing has broken or started to wear yet.

Overall best truck I've ever owned

by MITCH from Bartlett, TN | May 9, 2007

I don't think that there is anything that I couldn't do with my 2500 HD Diesel. I use it in a mixed environment, part city/part farm, and it performs expertly in both arenas. So far the ONLY gripe I have is that the sealed hub assembly has failed on the truck at 63K miles and I wonder why G.M. would put such a poor quality part, (sealed so that it can't be serviced to prevent the failure) into such an expensive truck. When I complained to the service writer that it the bearing failed at only 63K miles he said that he sees some that fail in 20-30K miles! G.M. you better start paying attention. Toyota and Nissan are building bigger and bigger trucks and when they decide to build a truck that matches the 2500 HD with the reliability of their products.. Well I think I have drawn a big you a big enough picture.

Featured Services for this GMC Sierra 1500