See Also: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid | 2006 GMC Sierra 1500

2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD

2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD

Available in 6 styles:  2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4x2 Crew Cab 6.5' box 153" WB shown

Information Coming Soon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My Denali

by Bubba from Jonesboro, Georgia | May 30, 2014

I test drove the truck and immediately knew it was mine if the price was right. The truck has exceeded my expectations from the engine to the spacious interior. The gauges and driver controls are easy to read and to reach. The interior is spacious and very comfortable. The engine is the Vortex Max, when I need a fast response the power from the 6.0 Liter is spot on. I plan on getting another GMC Denali when this one gives out.

2006 Gmc sierra-overall great truck

by Pick up truck man from Farmington,MN | June 24, 2013

Nothing beats a gm product. I now have 110,000 miles on my pick up and there has been absolutely nothing wrong with it. It pulls like a champ and is a great daily driver. I cant wait to buy a 2014 Silverado. Chevy guy for life!

Uses car for Off-roading

good deal

by ted from anniston, al | April 22, 2013

russell sconyers was honest and knew his product, he listened and took notes on my needs and then presented the perfect car

Uses car for Off-roading

worst vehicle I have ever had

by avid gardener from Morgantown, WV | November 10, 2012

We've had this vehicle for six years. We bought it to have for winter driving, hauling the canoe/kayak/bikes and trips to the hardware/garden store. It is: under powered, left me stranded after only the first 100 miles, and we've needed to put $2100 into the brakes-includes new lines- after 17000 miles. The undercarriage has rusted beyond repair despite being kept clean. My mechanic-who is very good- recommends looking for another vehicle. Apparently GM used inferior materials in this model/year. None of our other vehicles which are the same year or older have had the brake/rust problems this vehicle has.

Work horse to Daily Driver

by T@ho35treetRaCEr from Dallas, TX | August 26, 2012

The truck helps me a lot I get things done and has not left me stranded. I have hauled motorcycles and tile, towed a boat and corvette. Although it wasn't new It did prove its worth and will be expected to stay with me till it kills it's self. Easy driver and excellent fuel economy.

ok

by punk900 from Arkansas | July 23, 2012

Bought directly as a trade-in directly from dealership at a dealer-only auction, as at the time I was a licensed used car dealer. At the time, it was purchased at a deep discount compared to retail so I cannot complain. On to the truck. If I would have paid retail, I would be greatly disappointed as it has more rattles ,and small irritating problems than my 98 did with twice the mileage and use and abuse from me and the previous owner. That being said, it has not left me stranded yet, more than I can say for other vehicles that I have owned,bought,trade, and worked on !

Definitely Going to last 250,000 Miles

by GMC TRUCK Enthusiast from Valparaiso, IN | July 13, 2012

I bought this truck in August of 2006, brand new. It's a crew cab, short box, 2WD with SLE-2 trim level. The truck is pure POWER! The 5.3L V8 can pull anything you throw at it, and the fact that it can run on E85 is reassuring when gas goes up to $4 a gallon and I need to save money, while also putting less pollutants in the environment. I primarily use this truck to pull around my kids and carry cargo in the bed (wood in the winter months). It's a great family hauler and with an average 18.4 mpg, I couldn't wish for a better truck! I love the driver information center on it, giving me full information on how the truck is doing (ex. engine hours, fuel economy, when to change the oil, etc...) Right now the truck is at 110,000 strong, and I'm sure that i will at LEAST get another 110,000 out of it! GMC is Professional Grade!

Great truck!

by Mike from Wayne County, NY | February 1, 2012

I bought a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE, Z71 Off-Road with approximately 73,000 miles on it. It was between that truck and a Nissan Frontier (was considering a mid-size after 10 years of driving an S-10). Thankfully I chose full-size. This truck rides nice, accelerates great, gets decent fuel economy, and my favorite - has room for enything or anyone I want to put in it. One day it has all my hunting buddies, the next it has the family. It suits both perfectly. The drivetrain on these American Trucks are bulletproof if you take care of them. Buy one of these trucks, dump the conventional oil out of them, add full synthetic, change it every 3,000-4,000 miles, and get the transmission flushed every 30,000 miles and there's no reason why they won't last you until 250,000 miles or more. When they say professional grade they mean it.

1500 HD

by tpifher from Davison, MI | April 8, 2009

A workhorse, this 1500 has guts and doesn't quit til the job is done. I've gone cross country with out a problem. I tow a travel trailer without any issues. The OnStar gives me a new level of comfort. While leaving ND into MT they found a motel for my dog & I. They also gave me some directions finding a small town in the middle of MT.

Uses car for Towing

Broke down again !!

by No more GM purchases for me - ever !!! from Salt Lake City, Utah | June 26, 2008

Today it's at the dealership with a transmission / electrical problem - they think !!!! This is the second GM product in a row I have had that is nothing but trouble. A truck less than 2 years old should not be costing me this kind of $$$$ for repairs - of course it is not covered under warranty and I will be out $700+ this time.