2008 GMC Sierra 1500

2008 GMC Sierra 1500

Available in 46 styles:  2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 6.6' box 119" WB shown

Kelley Blue Book Retail

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

first truck

by rodney from Phoenxi AZ | November 4, 2013

I bought this awesome truck with my own hard earnings. The truck is 2008 Gmc SIerra LT extended cab 4x4 with the 5.3 liter V8. I can't really say anything bad about the truck. The gas mileage is what i expect from a big truck. I travel to school and work every day and on the weekend, I head out to the trail with my Mountain bike. The truck gets almost 17 to the gallen becasue I'm in a city driving most of my time but the gas mileage goes up to almost 23 to the gallen because of the tonnaue cover i have on and very easy on the gas pedal. Not bad for someone who loves going out doors and enjoying what the nature offered.

LOTS OF PROBLEMS

by RICK B. GMC SERRIA 1500 SLT from GA | December 30, 2012

Battery dies down if you dont drive it all the time. Transmission makes all kinds of noises when shifing. Had to replace front headlight lens fogging up. GAS HOG NO WERE NEAR WINDOW STICKER MILEAGE 5.3 LITER ENGINE . Body panels have waves down sides of truck looks dented. GM is worst brand out there never going back again . rather push other brands than push cheep builded GM PRODUCTS. Traded at 6000 miles sick of it. Traded for Ford F150 so far happy I did . no problems truck is put together wiith better parts .

Best Truck EVER

by ATLCowboy from Baltimore, MD | August 16, 2012

Just purchased a 2008 Sierra Denali in early July. This was my dream vehicle, so I might be a little bias. It's everything one would want in truck. Power, looks, comfort, luxury, and oh yeah, more power. 6.2 liter engine, 403 HP, 417 ft/lbs of torque. My family of 4 loves it. And my girls love being the only Sierra Denali on the road in our city. Lots of room and options. GMC drilled this truck. What else can I say. Go get one.

Sharp looking truck.

by First gmc Sierra 1500 from Brockton | March 12, 2012

I bought my 08 truck with 19812 mile sharp looking truck. Gas milage not bad. But I had this vibration noise that was driving me crazy coming from underneath the dashboard were there is a lot of cheap plastic i found were the vibration was coming from and had to place foam in between the plastic to eliminate the problem. Other than that little problem truck has been reliable. This is my first GMC last truck was a 95 Toyota Tacoma had it for 14 years. I hope my GMC last longer.

Super Super Super

by MissBee0245 from Stafford, Texas | February 29, 2012

Best experience ever...............In all catagories Thank You Ernie and Ron Keep On Keeping On God Bless

very reliable

by sierra 1500 from cordele, ga | October 3, 2011

I looked for a truck for about 8 months. I found this truck made an offer for it they agreed and i had the truck delivered to me. I like the performance of the truck I have not pulled a heavy load yet but i can tell there wont be a problem for the truck it has the 6.0 motor. My family and I have taken short trips in it we are all able to get in and out easy and we have enough room. My daughter really likes it that is the only vehicle she wants to ride in now. I have thoroughly enjoyed my truck and would recommend it (it does no get the best gas mileage but im not worried about that).

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best Looking & Driving Truck Ever.

by Former Toyota Boy from Norman, Ok. | March 28, 2011

I have owned over 50 vehicles. About 20 were pick up trucks & primarily the top Japanese trucks.. I am now I love with my 2008 GMC Sierra. Let me tell you the primary reason. I have had severe back problems since an injury in 1993. Still have the problems, albeit, the ride of my 2 wheel drive Sierra SLE w/ the "High Performance Suspension," has done wonders for my back. The truck sits tall, has 20" tires & rides like a cadillac. Great lumbar support too! I bought this truck new & paid a very low price (Bought it several weeks before the new Prez was sworn in-need I say more?) Anyway, at that time, not much was moving from the area car lots & they finally made me quite a deal! I have owned probably 15 to 17 Top Rated Japanese Trucks; the last was a nice looking Tacoma- but it was murder on my back. Now I have a good looking Dark Blue Sierra w/ the 5.3lt. I did add the K&N Cold Air & also a FloMaster. I kid you not, when I drive her easy & do the speed limit, I have gotten 23 mpg on the highway- however, that mileage is when there is little to no wind. On the flip side, that small block will get 'er done!" All in all, I am happy with the truck & proud that I went completely American!

GMC Sierra Denali

by Buy American from East Peoria, IL | February 27, 2011

I bought this truck with 1500 miles on the clock and love it. It had every available option from the factory. The truck did have a leak in the sunroof, but was repaired under warranty, thus the "4" for reliability. With the 6.2L engine, it has plenty of power to do anything and the AWD gives the truck go anywhere anytime capability. Normally, I would trade every two years, but I am keeping this vehicle for at least another year, I like it that much. If you are looking for a full size truck, the GMC is worth a look.

Great pickup truck

by TennesseeVol from IL | November 9, 2010

I have an 08 Sierra 4x4 regular cab. I bought it with 12,000 miles on it. I now have 25,000 miles. The truck is everything I hoped it would be. Nothing beats a GM pickup.

MY ONLY PROBLEM IS

by NECCIE from WALDORF,MARYLAND | October 3, 2010

I HAVE A 2008 SIERRA 1500 4X4 TRUCK AND IF I DONT USE IT FOR A WEEK THE BATTERY DIES . THEY SAY I HAVE TO DRIVE IT MORE. BUT I BOUGHT IT TO USE FOR WORK WEEKEND WORK ONLY. IF HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND KNOW WHATS WRONG PLEASE TELL ME,BECAUSE I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TRUCK.