2012 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 GMC Sierra 1500
Available in 33 styles:  2012 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown

Overall

Big difference in ride and fuel economy

by Former Ford F250 owner from Stoughton,Ma. | April 7, 2014

I needed a new truck. My 05 Ford needed to much in repairs. We found this truck through cars.com at a local Cadiliac dealer. So far everything is great. The truck had low miles, in like new condition. I lucked out. Instead of paying all the money for a new truck I bought a truck that is like new.It doesn't have all the options but enough for me.

Not intended

by shocked from Michigan | November 18, 2013

I purchased a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4 x 4 (used) with 4,570 miles and 160+ engine hours. I was convinced it was a good buy at $28,000. I had previously owned a 1999 Ford Ranger (13 years) 4 x 4 Off road edition with no problems....ever! No problems starting, no headlight's out, turn signals etc. Only routine maintenance or neglect on my part for not driving regularly. So I had to invest a few bucks and charge the battery to keep it in working condition. Well I traded my Ford in for the 2012 Sierra and it was a beautiful truck! loved it. 5 days after purchase my family and I drove it to my parents about 160 miles north. As I was showing it to my dad with engine running and hood up...everything shut down! Tried for 2 hours to start it and On star (which disconnected every time we reached a "activation" assistant) with no luck. Finally we contacted GM roadside assistance which I must admit did everything they could to resolve the problem...but ultimately did not help resolve the mechanical issue. Next memory is my GMC truck on a flat bed tow truck to a dealership to be fixed only 5 days after purchase. Don't have it back yet...not sure I want it back but lessoned learned. Always buy a Ford. It will last, the lights will always work and it will start whenever you need it to.

Best looking truck on the road

by Pickuphunter from Okla City, OK | September 19, 2013

Was looking for either a Chevy or a GMC with the Diamond Tri-coat metallic white paint with certain features and lower mileage truck. My wife liked this color and she also asked for heated leather beige seats. Well, this seemed simple enough to do. But it wasn't. I found one that had most of the extras she wanted, but not the heated seats. So now I will have to find a place close by that can put in after market heated seat elements on the front seats. But other than than, we both LOVE the truck.

Rough idle

by Mike from Ft Wayne Indiana | September 9, 2013

Buyer beware. Before you buy any gm vehicle with a v8 motor check to make sure it doesn't have a rough idle.....I bought a 2012 Sierra and it has a rough idle that gm considers normal and will not fix. Been going on since 1998.

GMC

by chipguy from Huntingdon,TN | August 5, 2013

Great style and comfort...has lots of power and handles the road really good. Seats are really comfortable and equipped with lots of technology...

Need more time to evaluate

by Portlock from Norfolk, Virginia | April 1, 2013

So far so good. This truck has similar options of my previous 2004. Hoping for the same kind of performance/reliability as the 04...if so I will be very pleased.

A step up from FORD

by RFreeze from Plymouth MA | March 24, 2013

I just bought my first GMC and after two weeks love it. The 2012 Sierra SLE I bought used has 12,700 on it. The previous owned took good care of the Truck and never had any issues. The truck is head and shoulders above my 2003 Ford F250. My Ford served me well however the rear fender well were rusted through and the doors weer also rusting out at an alarming rate the exhaust manifold also was done. The way the Sierra rides is awesome it feels like a luxury care. Granted I am coming from a F250 with leaf springs all around. The truck has a nice stance and does not look dated although it has not had an exterior redesign since 2007. The interior is very nice and the seats are comfortable. I have the extended cab and there is room in the back for an average sized adult. I find the truck also to be very responsive. The 5.3 engine with is powerful and great on the HWY. It is a very nice truck and seems to be well built. I have owned several Ford products and considered myself a Ford man. But after buying this truck I no longer would consider a Ford truck. GMC has me as long as the keep making GMC truck I will buy them. Can't bring myself to buy a Chevy yet I know GMC and Chevy trucks are the same, just can't handle the bow tie on my vehicles lol.

Don't get the hybrid

by Buyers remorse from Illinois | March 22, 2013

I ordered and bought this truck to be my winter driver. I picked it up in May and only drove it a couple hundred miles during the warm weather and the hybrid tech seemed to work just fine . As I put my other vehicles in storage and the weather got cold, the hybrid tech only kicks in after driving for 15 minutes or more, which is an issue since I only live 5 minutes from work. So the main reason on buying this truck and giving up on several options because of the hybrid, doesn't even work during conditions for which I bought it for. Because of the hybrid, I couldn't order a rear sliding window, storage under the rear seats, heated seats, bigger wheels, interior choices were limited just to name some. And i ordered every option and highest package possible except for a sunroof. Advertised mpg is 21, but only getting 17. After knowing all of this I would have ordered a different truck or even a different make of truck. This rating is so low just because the sole reason of purchasing this truck in a hybrid is completely useless for my driving needs. The truck does perform well in snow as far as traction so at least that is good. Hybrid also causes you to give up towing capacity, but 99% of the time for me I'm not towing large loads.

2012 GMC Sierra 1500

by SlickRick from Gatesville Texas | December 23, 2012

The service at Stanley Chevrolet-Buick-GMC was more then I could asked for or expect. The staff (Brett Brittain) was amazing. He was honest,friendly and accurate from start to finish. I would certainly recommend this dealership to anyone looking to purchase a new or used vehicle.

Ford Man Converted

by First On Race Day FORD from Ohio | December 11, 2012

I have had nothing but Ford trucks my whole life. First one was a F150 brand new 1978. Then after 3 years I got a 81 Bronco II, after that I got an F-250 1983 Brand New all of them. I jumped over to Dodge and had it 10 Years and went Back to ford and Got another F250 Diesel had that 10 years. I recently visited my Brother N law and he had a GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. We Drove it from Ohio to Canada on a fishing expedition. After we got back from the Fishing I went straight to my GMC Dealer and order a new 2012 GMC Sierra 6.2L, High Performance Z60 suspension 4X4 with the 3.42 rear, . THIS IS AN Awesome , Comfortable Truck. Keep an open mind and buy what you like. I test drove every Truck out there prior to our Fishing trip. I never thought about a GMC. Test Drive one.