2013 GMC Sierra 1500

2013 GMC Sierra 1500
Available in 33 styles:  2013 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Regular Cab 8' box 133" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Close but no cigar

by TL from NE Ohio | May 11, 2014

I've owned '99 1/2, '04 and this '13 Sierra as well as an '08 Siverado, all with Z71 packages. The '99 only had a rear door on the passenger side and no override to turn off the automatic headlights. The '04 fixed both these deficiencies and was the best truck I ever owned. The '08 Silverado had a couple of nagging quirks, with the bench seat and fold down console in the middle which no place to put anything within easy reach larger than a pack of gum. But the most incomprehensible change from earlier models was the switch for the rear cargo light. Instead of a dedicated switch the dimwit designers incorporated it into the rheostat switch for the interior and dome lights. The rear cargo light comes on only after the interior lights are full bright. Which means if you're hauling something at night and want to check the rearview mirror to see how the load is riding you can't see anything except for a reflection in the rear window. DUMB! They also moved up the most rearward tiedown loops in the bed forward 6 inches or so instead of leaving them in the corners like previous models. This prevents holding rearward pressure with tiedowns on some loads. I bought the '13 since it's the final year with the suicide doors on the extended cabs, a feature I really love, especially since the rear doors fold back almost to the bed on the New Body Styles. The extended cabs for '14 & '15 are traditional 4 doors so you lose that double-door width when open and loading stuff in the interior. Plus bulky rear seat passengers will find it a challenging fit. Another feature I wanted moving from the Silverado was handy storage so this time I went back to bucket seats with console. The older consoles opened towards the passenger seats and had integral change holders, pen holders, a tissue dispenser and large clips for holding papers. The new consoles are hinged in the rear and positioned poorly, not a very good idea to open it when going down the road because it diverts too much attention. Also the console is now one huge compartment. No handy features and no easy way to find what you're looking for without rooting through everything piled inside. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Don't look for any useful storage from the glove compartment because it's barely large enough and poorly shaped so the Owner's Manual barely fits inside. The stupid cargo light arrangement is unchanged as are the poorly positioned rear tie down loops in the bed. It appears there's some minor quality control improvements but they're overridden by the loss of useful convenience features. It's obvious the designers don't actually use these trucks everyday, they should be forced to in order to know what features are useful and user friendly. It's no wonder that a certain unnamed competitor has been kicking their keister for years! The upsides, the 6 speed transmission is sweet with less and smoother shifting than the 4 speeds. The engine brake feature allows steady speed down steep hills instead of constantly needing to ride the brakes as with the 4 speeds. Still, the demise of the suicide doors on extended cabs and the loss of useful features means after 5 consecutive GM pickup trucks over the past 23 years this one will be my last unless they reverse some of their stupid changes. I wish I still had the '04.

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Ext Cab

by LarryT from Watonga, OK | March 22, 2014

I got a great deal on a V8 4WD pickup. I have one slight complaint. After about 6 years in production for this body style, why couldn't GM make the passenger side wiper blade stay in complete contact with the windshield at all times? Mine is hanging off the windshield at the outer end about 2.5 inches. It causes the wiper to streak from wind at highway speeds until the wiper finally catches full contact about 1/4 the way up. I saw where GM fixed this for the 2014 model year by installing a completely flat windshield that works way better with the newly designed wiper blades. Other than that, just a little more CCA's in the factory battery would be nice. I have no other complaints about my truck. Very happy with all the features and most all of the design.

A great ruck for a great price

by Truck user from Suburbs North of Chicago (Northshore) | January 21, 2014

Couldnot believe the truck when I went top see it. 7,400 miles, looked like it came out of the showroom. The price was just as impressive. doesn't hurt to buy a trruck in January when sales are slow so the dealer met my price

Great Truck I Love It

by Roger from St. Louis, MO | January 11, 2014

II wanted a great looking truck but was not going to pay 30.000+ so I placed an order. Fire Red with the Work Truck Plus Package that includes Fog Lamps Chrome Grill & Wheels. The 4.3 does the job for me, if you give it a kick in the gas it will get up & go & it has a nice deep exhaust note. The ride is nice & smooth. No squeaks or rattles My only complaint is the hard plastic door panels & dash but I choose to go cheap.I

Uses car for Towing

A bargain

by Dvdman from Wichita kansas | September 12, 2013

The Internet is the best way to shop. I drove 180 miles to save $7000. I could not believe the bargain I had found. Seems like Oklahoma and Texas have the better deals.

Good truck for the money

by Rick from NY | August 20, 2013

I just purchased one of the last of the 2013 GMC 1500 5.3 Z71 extended cabs. The incentives and discounts lowered the prices almost $12k. I like the way it rides, and drives. It feels solid. The dash ergonomics are good. The fit and finish are excellent. The fuel economy is about the same as the 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 I traded in on it. The acceleration is good as is, but I am going to tune it and add a couple of bolt ons to give it more, and to disable the AFM. Overall, I am pleased with it, and hope it serves me well.

Love my GMC Trucks!

by Team Hefner from Orlando, FL | July 21, 2013

I'm the current owner of 2 GMC Sierras. The 2013 with the z60 package honestly has to be hands down the smoothest riding pickup I've ever driven. The standard v8 motor responds well, and makes driving down the highway an easy feat. The a/c is impressive - my truck is a crew cab and although I was sad to see no rear air vents, the master air condition blows ice cold very quickly to cool down the entire cabin space.

Greaaaaaaat truck

by Truckie from San Antonio tax | July 14, 2013

2013 more bang for my buck at patriot Buick gmc truck is best one I have ever had to date. Will see u next time.

Good truck

by Jim from Monticello, Indiana | May 17, 2013

Good vehicle - just what I wanted. It is sharp in appearence and very comfortable to travel in. The interior is very nice and is sharp in appearence.

Yea, No.Want my Dodge back..this is for sale asap

by Oso Blanco from DFW | April 18, 2013

Loud roan noise. slow performance terrible mileage bad air con head rest in the way. pitiful pickup...Pitiful Dodge..!!